Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Gutted with this week. Went to change my team on friday night, but the net was down. kept trying and eventually ended up setting my alarm for 7am to check it, was still down so i did it again at 8 and again and again until the deadline with no luck, so stuck with Fabregas as captain :(

Was gonna switch it to Ronaldo and all. On 45pts now, but at least i have second games for Geremi and Adebayor, and the hope of Emre getting some game time. Any chance Fab will get a run out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pigheads captain Adebayor off the mark already. Inspired choice, thats his 2nd goal this game week and he's got 80 mins to bang in 6 more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Up to second. Dizzy heights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Lets face it, the lad at the top has it won unless he gets sent to Guantanomo Bay for a few months :D

I think I might whip out the wild card this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Sizzler wrote: »
    Lets face it, the lad at the top has it won unless he gets sent to Guantanomo Bay for a few months :D

No he hasn't. I've out scored him by 30 points over the last 4 weeks (I'm still miles behind himm but thats not the point!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Was going to get cesc back this week then I notice he might still miss the boro game. Bentley suspended this week so who to buy to replace him, maybe cahill. Just hope carragher plays (without picking up another card :()
    If Rafa rests Gerrard this week i'm screwed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

darkskol wrote: »
    Was going to get cesc back this week then I notice he might still miss the boro game. Bentley suspended this week so who to buy to replace him, maybe cahill. Just hope carragher plays (without picking up another card :()
    If Rafa rests Gerrard this week i'm screwed!
    I went for Arteta to replace Bently, totally forgot that Cahill was back for them, hope that doesnt come back to haunt me! Everton should beat Fulham comfortably though with Arteta the mastermind mind behind it!*

*Note this may not happen and Eveton may well get beat due to me jinking them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Out: Fabregas. In: Gerrard.
    Out: Keane. In: Abedayor.
    Out: Elano. In: Petrov.

All thanks to injuries and suspensions. Didn't use my wildcard so will take an 8 point hit. Lampard has been handed the captaincy. Since gameweek ten I've fallen from 26,000 to 92,000 and after 10 weeks of leading the work league it looks like I'm going to lose out coming into Christmas (Gameweek 18) when we'll do our first payout. Hopefully this'll steady the boat.

Bentley was traded for Cahill, they are only playing Fulham so hes bound to be involved in a goal or assist ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Big gamble today, in fact huge gamble. The type of gamble that makes or breaks a managers season. Pigheads left Shevchenko as captain against Sunderland today.

There's a chance the fcuker won't even play but its brave decisions like these that seperate the good managers from the fantastic managers. If the gamble doesn't work out then Pigheads man enough to take it on the chin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

In Torres & Gerrard & Bentley.

Only to find Bentley is suspended. :(

Cech still injured, Bentley out and Smertin is injured.

Only one available sub :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Pighead wrote: »
    Big gamble today, in fact huge gamble. The type of gamble that makes or breaks a managers season. Pigheads left Shevchenko as captain against Sunderland today.

There's a chance the fcuker won't even play but its brave decisions like these that seperate the good managers from the fantastic managers. If the gamble doesn't work out then Pigheads man enough to take it on the chin.

fluke! Fair play for being so brash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

that knob Steve Howard has cost me big time :mad:

Yakubu gets a hat-trick, i was 50/50 between him and Kalou and of course i signed Kalou :(

Tevez and captain Lampard will save my ass for this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Nice to see skipper Ronny leading by example!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Goal and assist for captain Ronaldo, two for Tevez. Im happy. Hopefully Torres, Gerrard and Carragher will score, but Shorey scores 4. Hopefully...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Goal and an assist, and surely 3 bonus points. Annoyed about ****ing concedding though :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Started with Emre who came on and got an assist, transfered in Cahill (for bench warmer Noble) who also got an assist, and made Tevez captain (don't trust Stevie G with it away from home) :)

Last time I made Tevez captain he was also on a hat-trick, only for that selfish ****er Ronaldo to take the penalty :(

Pighead wrote: »

If you had Yakubu then your season would have been made, the Shev only got 10pts as el capitano but better in a kick in the rocks ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

36 points with 5 players left to play.

Howard for Derby :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

still waiting on the dubious goal panel to give that goal to Shorey....there is no way that Doyle hit that on the way in

• Advertisement

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    still waiting on the dubious goal panel to give that goal to Shorey....there is no way that Doyle hit that on the way in

They better not. I dropped him for the first time this season :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Lex Luthor wrote: »

Doyle reckons it did.

The top 4 play each other next weekend, cant see any clean sheets being had, best leaving those defenders on the bench ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Bah, Santa Cruz misses a sitter to make my team weep.

61 points, mostly from yesterday - safe to say I won't be getting any bonuses from today's players, Petrov, Adebayor and Santa Cruz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Sizzler wrote: »
    The top 4 play each other next weekend, cant see any clean sheets being had, best leaving those defenders on the bench ;)

I'm of the opposite opinion.

Always play your best players no matter what the fixtures...anyway defenders have a knack of scoring in these games - just thinking off the top of my head, Gallas v Utd this season, Carvalho v Utd and Ferdinand/O'Shea v Liverpool last season.

64 points, not bad but Richard Dunne and Ireland specifically let me down. Could of done without the Derby goal to.

Made the wrong choice of captain aswell, picked Torres instead of Tevez who played Derby at home. Ah well

Once again a big tribute to Robert Green, he is a fantasy football point BEAST

Nunu wrote: »
    I'm of the opposite opinion.

Always play your best players no matter what the fixtures...anyway defenders have a knack of scoring in these games - just thinking off the top of my head, Gallas v Utd this season, Carvalho v Utd and Ferdinand/O'Shea v Liverpool last season.

Chelsea 1-1 Arsenal

Lampard - Adebayor

Liverpool 1-1 Man U

Torres - Rooney

Entirely possible and not much use for the back line :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Disaster week for me with only 38 points ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

67 for me-good start to December. 149 in total. Green is some boyo alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Need advice.
    With the big 4 playing each other I have some conundrums, due to having 3 Untied players (vidic, ronaldo and tevez) an Arsenal player (rosicky) and a Chelski (Kalou) in my starting 11. My bench is good with Defender McCartney (home to Everton), steve Kelly (home to reading) and Olivier kapo. Question is should I drop any of the big guns, and who should be brought in? Kapo hasn't started yet under McCleish so he is out but I could either bring in McCartney or kelly as both have a good chance of keeping a clean sheet, but who would i drop? Was thinking kalou. Or should i leave well alone??
    Decisions Decisions....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

menoscemo wrote: »
    Need advice.
    With the big 4 playing each other I have some conundrums, due to having 3 Untied players (vidic, ronaldo and tevez) an Arsenal player (rosicky) and a Chelski (Kalou) in my starting 11. My bench is good with Defender McCartney (home to Everton), steve Kelly (home to reading) and Olivier kapo. Question is should I drop any of the big guns, and who should be brought in? Kapo hasn't started yet under McCleish so he is out but I could either bring in McCartney or kelly as both have a good chance of keeping a clean sheet, but who would i drop? Was thinking kalou. Or should i leave well alone??
    Decisions Decisions....

I reckon Chelsea will score against Arsenal, it's just a question of who, but I wouldn't drop Kalou.

As you said your not going to bring in Kapo.
    McCartney is playing Everton, who a playing well and scoring, so I wouldn't bring him in.
    And Kelly is playing for Birmingham, who are crap. Plus reading can score goals.

So I'd leave it as is.

Brown, Vidic, Tevez, Adebayor, Rosicky, Gerrard, Torres from grand slam

Can't see this being a great week but hopefully the same all around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I reckon Chelsea will score against Arsenal, it's just a question of who, but I wouldn't drop Kalou.

As you said your not going to bring in Kapo.
    McCartney is playing Everton, who a playing well and scoring, so I wouldn't bring him in.
    And Kelly is playing for Birmingham, who are crap. Plus reading can score goals.

So I'd leave it as is.

Cheers for your advice, but i have decided to drop kalou for mccartney. Chelsea probably will score but there is no guarantee kalou will do it or assist, McCartney can score or get an assist or get a clean sheet. I reckon he has a bigger chance of one of the above than kalou. Plus I can't see chelsea scoring more than 1 so would only be losing 4 points. I hope I don't regret this decision.

Cant decide whether to leave Ronaldo as captain or maybe give it to Tevez. Think I might go with Tevez, got a funny feeling he might come up with a goal plus theres a good chance Ronaldo will be double marked leaving more space for Tevez.

I'm going for United/Arsenal wins with Tevez/Ronaldo and Fabregas/Sagna. No Pool of Chelski players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Oooooh, thats a mighty gamble Xavi6! One that could easily backfire on you or launch you away from the pack. No middle ground.

Me - im staying away from the Big 4 mostly, and have no less thatn 3 Everton midfielders in my side. Im expected at least a 6-0 away thrashing of West Ham :)

Benjani as captain for me, expecting a big home performance from them against Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Going with my heart this weekend and sold Lamp for Gerrard and made him captain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

I've got Fabregas, Flamini and VanPersie all in my line up which is pretty risky given the injury situation with them. Worse case scenario automatic sub of N'Zogbia comes in. Also got Torres, Gerrard and Tevez. No big four defenders. Hoping for a goalfest in both games. We must be due one surely.

Flamini isn't even in the Arsenal squad so you can forget about him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Where did you see this re Flamini JoeSoap?

According to Arsenal.com seems there is a decent chance

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=485331&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=%27Signs+look+good%27+for+Flamini,+Fabregas+and+Hleb

http://www.arsenal.com/injury.asp?thisNav=news

Anyway too late to do much now but hope for the automatic sub.

Arsenal (from): Almunia, Sagna, Gallas, Toure, Clichy, Eboue, Gilberto, Diarra, Rosicky, van Persie, Adebayor, Lehmann, Senderos, Traore, Song, Denilson, Bendtner, Diaby, Eduardo.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/7134171.stm

Thats where I saw it, plus he was in red on FF yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

You can never trust BBC with those teams. Sure Fabregas and Hleb aren't there either and Wenger is definitely considering taking a risk with one or two of them

Goal for Santa Cruz, assist for Johnson and both on my bench. FFS.

and another for Cruz :(

Please God Cesc doesn't play as Cruz is my first sub

Hattrick now :D

Unearthly wrote: »
    Hattrick now :D

I'm on my way over to London to poison Cesc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Xavi6 wrote: »

Please God Cesc does play as Emerton is my second sub (taking a gamble with Emre again as my first).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Xavi6 wrote: »
    and another for Cruz :(

I'm in the same boat Xavi.

I didn't want to sell Cesc as I'd lose too much trying to buy him back so I've been leaving him in the team each week hoping he'll play but this week I hope to God he doesn't play, unless of course he scores a hattrick. Knowing my luck he'll come on for the last 5 mins. :(:rolleyes:

And Emerton on -4. That has to be a record.

Was thinking of taking Santa Cruz out this week but thankfully I gave him one more week! :) Only wish I gave him the captancy now! Cant believe Blackburn scored 3 goals and Bentley didnt get an assist!

• Advertisement
Advertisement