Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Was thinking of taking Santa Cruz out this week but thankfully I gave him one more week! :) Only wish I gave him the captancy now! Cant believe Blackburn scored 3 goals and Bentley didnt get an assist!

Yep and I played him instead of Johnson who got one. This is going to be a bad week as Cesc has been taken off red on the Premier League site. Disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

This week looks like it could be a disaster for me only scoring 20 points today. Only 4 players left to play, Reina, Carragher, Gerrard and Adebayor...really need for Liverpool to win tomorrow with a clean sheet and Gerrard scoring at least one for my week to look a little more respectful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

On the 28 points at the mo.
    darkskol wrote:
    ...really need for Liverpool to win tomorrow with a clean sheet and Gerrard scoring at least one for my week to look a little more respectful.

Im the opposite, got Vidic, Ronaldo and Tevez (C) and Lampard to play tomorrow so come on United! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

40 points so far with evra and ronaldo to play. CMON UNITED!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Santa Cruz, no you're not that far from making me a very happy man:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

6 points :cool::(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Was thinking of taking Santa Cruz out this week but thankfully I gave him one more week! :) Only wish I gave him the captancy now! Cant believe Blackburn scored 3 goals and Bentley didnt get an assist!

Absolutely the same for me. Was giving Santa one more week.

Thank fukk I left him in. Pity I have a clean sheet with Kaboul on the bench. Was cursing Sven when Garrido came on with 7 mins to go, but he got an assist, so not too bad.

Have 23 pts (Given still playing) with the big 4 midfielders to play tomorrow

Lampard, Ronaldo, Gerrard (c) and Fabregas.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Absolutely the same for me. Was giving Santa one more week.

Thank fukk I left him in. Pity I have a clean sheet with Kaboul on the bench. Was cursing Sven when Garrido came on with 7 mins to go, but he got an assist, so not too bad.

Have 23 pts (Given still playing) with the big 4 midfielders to play tomorrow

Lampard, Ronaldo, Gerrard (c) and Fabregas.

Clean sheet for Given brings me up to 29 points. Possible bonus points from Santa Cruz to come

This might seem greedy but after seeing the highlights of the Wigan Blackburn game Santa Cruz should have scored five goals today, he missed two sitters! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

The FF statiticians are really slackening off on the awarding of assists.

Surely Emerton should have got one for Santa Cruz's 2nd today (even if his cross deflected off Bramble on route)?...and last week Anderson clearly had the last touch for one of Tevez's goals - yet no assist given:confused:

...and why does a player get an assist for winning a converted peno, yet no assist is given for a player who wins a converted direct free kick?

Nunu wrote: »
    ...and why does a player get an assist for winning a converted peno, yet no assist is given for a player who wins a converted direct free kick?

Yes he does. Santa Cruz got me one the other week when Bentley scored a free kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Yes he does. Santa Cruz got me one the other week when Bentley scored a free kick.

I have SC as well, and I don't think the assist was for the free kick, it was for Bentley's second goal.

38 so far with Ronaldo, Rosicky, Toure and Arbeloa to play. Evra on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Fabregas played but at least he got an assist. Fairplay to Avram for resting Belletti as Santaz Cruz comes in for him. Only mistake was not sticking with Gallas for the captaincy. Had him down for it but changed it to Rosicky at the last minute.

34 points

stinker

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I'm going for United/Arsenal wins with Tevez/Ronaldo and Fabregas/Sagna. No Pool of Chelski players.

Correct on all counts! First for everything.

Tevez didn't get any bonus points, what a crime! Arguably the best player on the pitch today. Evra deserved at least one as well.

58 points not too bad. Vidic got the 3 bonus points, thought Ferdinand might have got it but seeing as Vidic is in my team Im not complaining! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

The bonus points situation continually amazes me!

I know it can always be debateable but how can Clichy get no bonus points today...and he hasn't picked up any all season either?

My award for bonus pts in arsenal game would have been

Clichy - 3
    Mikel - 2
    RVP - 1 (even though he was only on for 20mins he was absolute class)

...because they were the best 3 players on the pitch in that order.

They are very random indeed.

Great when a player you weren't expecting gets them though :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

The average pts score was so low (40) that with only 45pts my overall position managed to improve slightly (1034) whilst maintaining my other positions (3rd in Boards and Off the Ball, 1st in my very own Kinaldo Cup).

Absolutely delighted considering the disaster that was Gerrard as captain and throwing Van Persie in at the deep end (sacrificed Adebayor - timing seemed reasonable what with the ANC coming up).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

kinaldo wrote: »
    (sacrificed Adebayor - timing seemed reasonable what with the ANC coming up).
    Speaking of which, when are the ANC players gonna be out? What gameweek is the first week they'll be unavailable?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Speaking of which, when are the ANC players gonna be out? What gameweek is the first week they'll be unavailable?

Bertie Vogts is invoking the 14 day Fifa rule and wants his Nigerian players out there on Jan 4th, but the FA Cup 3rd round is mostly being played on Jan 6th, so he's giving concession to those in England. He's quoted as saying they must all be there by the 6th. I don't know what that means for Obafemi Martins as Newcastle's FA Cup tie is on that evening...
    As for the rest of the African Nations, I imagine it'll be a week later before they leave their clubs but I don't think it's been confirmed anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Horrible week for me, only got 29 points. However im gonna put that down to my team being temporarily in transition as i get it back the way i want it;)
    kinaldo wrote: »
    Absolutely delighted considering the disaster that was Gerrard as captain and throwing Van Persie in at the deep end (sacrificed Adebayor - timing seemed reasonable what with the ANC coming up).

Adebayor isn't going to the ANC, you're still right to swap him for Van Persie though

playa3 wrote: »

Adebayor isn't going to the ANC, you're still right to swap him for Van Persie though
    Huh, interesting...

Would anyone care to put up a list of all the players going and those that might have been going but are in fact staying?

That would be awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

ANC Premiership players

South Africa: Steven Pienaar (Everton), Aaron Mokoena & Benni McCarthy (Blackburn Rovers)

Tunisia: Mehdi Nafti & Radhi Jaidi (Birmingham City)

Morocco: Nabil El-Zhar (Liverpool)

Mali: Mohammed Sissoko (Liverpool), Djimi Traoré (Portsmouth)

Senegal: El-Hadji Diouf* (Bolton Wanderers), Henri Camara (West Ham United), Abdoulaye Faye & Habib Beye (Newcastle United), Papa Boupa Diop (Portsmouth)

Cameroon: Geremi (Newcastle United), Andre Bikey (Reading), Alexandre Song (Arsenal), Salomon Olembé (Wigan Athletic), Lauren (Portsmouth)

Nigeria: Joseph Yobo, Aiyegbeni Yakubu & Victor Anichebe (Everton), Dickson Etuhu (Sunderland), John Obi Mikel (Chelsea), Nwankwo Kanu & John Utaka (Portsmouth), Julius Aghahowa (Wigan Athletic), Celestine Babayaro & Obafemi Martins (Newcastle United)

Egypt: Mohamed Shawky & Mido (Middlesbrough), Hossam Ghaly (Tottenham Hotspur)

Ivory Coast: Kolo Touré & Emmanuel Eboué (Arsenal), Didier Zokora (Tottenham Hotspur), Didier Drogba & Salomon Kalou (Chelsea), Emerse Fae (Reading), Abdoulaye Meité (Bolton Wanderers)

Ghana: Richard Kingson (Birmingham City), John Pantsil (West Ham United), Michael Essien (Chelsea), Sulley Muntari (Portsmouth)

Benin, Zambia, Namibia, Guinea, Angola, Sudan: None

Excellent none of my players on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

aye none for me either which is great, thinking if it all works out ok, i might use the wildcard just after it finishes so i can pick up the best of them on the cheap after their values drop. Though at the same time, im very happy with how my team is shaping up at the mo, 2 weeks off getting in everyone i want.

Hmmm, time to swap back Adebayor for Van Persie I think. I brought Ade in when VP got injured.

I too managed to go up overall with the low average, I was happy enough with my 54. Haven't really moved up or down on the boards league in a while, still hovering just below the first page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Nunu wrote: »
    The bonus points situation continually amazes me!

I know it can always be debateable but how can Clichy get no bonus points today...and he hasn't picked up any all season either?

My award for bonus pts in arsenal game would have been

Clichy - 3
    Mikel - 2
    RVP - 1 (even though he was only on for 20mins he was absolute class)

...because they were the best 3 players on the pitch in that order.

You forgot the first law of FF bonus points - If Fabregas plays then he is guaranteed to get some!!

• Advertisement

Fantasy Cup....

Fantasy Cup - Qualifying
    Gameweek 18 (December 22nd) is a qualifying round. The top 1,048,576 scorers in Gameweek 18 will enter the first round in Gameweek 19 (December 26th).

The Gameweek 18 score used will not include any transfer points deductions. If there are more than 1,048,576 qualifiers then there will be a random draw between the lowest scoring teams to see who qualifies.

Fantasy Cup - The knock-out rounds
    Each qualifying Fantasy Premier League team will be randomly drawn against another in the first round. The winner (the team with the highest gameweek score minus transfer points), will progress to the second round and another random draw, the losers are out! This process continues until the final Gameweek when the two remaining teams contest the FPL Fantasy Cup final.

Remember. This season, transfer points are deducted from your cup score!

If a cup match is drawn, then the following tie-breaks will be applied until a winner is found:

Most goals scored in the Gameweek
    Fewest goals conceded in the Gameweek
    Virtual coin toss

Unbelievably bad so far, 15 points but 7 play today. The only good thing is that they didn't pick up on Distin's own goal :o

I didn't get a Torres assist for that OG either. Shambles

51 with 3 players to play

Not bad, could be great if Brown and Vidic keep clean sheets and Tevez does the business upfront.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

There is no penalty for an own goal,
    Torres didn't get the assist because campbell kicked it off Distin.

65 so far with just the bonus points for todays games to receive.

EDIT:70 at finish. Happy with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

My interest went in this weeks ago. I'm a glory hunter, nothing more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Why isnt Beletti playing, thats 2 games now in a row he hasnt played for me. Ill have to sell him, tut tut.
    I dont know whether to use my wildcard now for the remaining xmas games or to wait til after the xmas games and see what injuries i have and can then change. Hmmmmmm.

Anyone got any ideas for players that might be worrth having over the next remaining 3 xmas gameweeks?

Cahill went off injured, any update on his status?

75 points total for this week, v happy with that.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Nuttzy wrote: »
    Cahill went off injured, any update on his status?

Didn't look anything worth worrying about at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Had a brutal Saturday with only 24pts but Ronaldo & Cahill did the bis for me and I finished up with 73.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Is Benjani not going to the ANC? Where is he from?

He hasnt been on any list Ive seen and if portsmouth can have a good run minus there ANC losses then it will probably be Benjani scoring the goals :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Anyone know why van Persie didn't play?

He is killing me

I thought Benjani was off to the ANC, which is why I sold him yesterday as I didn't fancy him to score against Liverpool and thought sell him now rather than later.

Might buy him back for Adebayor then. Need to get Fab into my team ASAP. If I can run with Gerrard, Cahill, Ronaldo & Fab in Midfield, I'll do ok

Zimbabwe didnt qualify so Benjani is free for premiership action

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Might buy him back for Adebayor then.

Keep Adebayor, he is in great form

Considering I had 15 after saturday, I'm happy with 61. Thank you Ronaldo!

The guy I've drawn in the Cup has at least 7 of the same players as I do.

The guy I've drawn in the Cup has at least 7 of the same players as I do.

choice of captain then will probably make the difference

I got a guy who's a Newcastle fan so happy days :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I got a guy who's a Newcastle fan so happy days :p

I'm up against a west ham fan who's crippled his midfield with west ham players, should be an easy first round win :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Mwahhahaha! I've finalised my perfect midfield!
    Ronaldo-Fabregas-Cahill-Gerrard!

And the poor cretin that I drew in the FF Cup isn't even in the top Million. God help him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement