Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Mwahhahaha! I've finalised my perfect midfield!
    Ronaldo-Fabregas-Cahill-Gerrard!

And the poor cretin that I drew in the FF Cup isn't even in the top Million. God help him.

Everyone is getting that midfield, and generally end up with the same amount of points each week so hard to pass people out.

My policy is to have a unique team so if I do great, no-one else really does :cool:

That's why I'm out of the running :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Mwahhahaha! I've finalised my perfect midfield!
    Ronaldo-Fabregas-Cahill-Gerrard!

I have just finalised this midfield aswell. Hope you don't jinx us OCH.

I'm going for Ronnie as capt for todays matches. However, severely tempted for Gerrard also.

I've got 45 min to change my mind or someone to change it for me

I haven't been able to break into the top 20 yet this year....that would be an achievement if it was possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

is Cahill playing today or will he miss the match with an injury
    (sky sports news saying he is doubtful with a knock)

darkskol wrote: »
    is Cahill playing today or will he miss the match with an injury
    (sky sports news saying he is doubtful with a knock)

heard the same but many times cahill has been doubtful for a game before the match & played.
    He's in my starting 11 and i he doesn't play then, he just gets replaced with Noble

Took a risk (my subs bench is terrible) and left Cahill in, if he plays I expect him to get a few

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

I took a chance and sold Tevez on (think he could be rested today) and bought Berbatov in and gave him the captaincy. I fancy him to score against Fulham who are terrible away from home! So heres hoping! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I did the same, I think Berbatov is finding his form against slowly but surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Ugh, talk about poor decision making. Was gonna bring in Laursen for Evra to help fund another transfer but decided to wait because they were playing Chelsea and Sunderland respectively....Laursen scores at Chelsea and Evra is rested :(

Tevez also rested. Gonna need a miracle from someone to have a decent gameweek.

I brought in Dempsey and Cahill and both scored. Not bad

53 points so far with bonus points yet to be dished out & Arsenal half way through their match with Gallas & Cesc on my team.
    Not expecting Friedel to get much in their game but anything above 57 is happy enough for me.

My Fantasy Cup opponent has a total of 7 so far so hoping they are all as easy as this one.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

BAM 76 POINTS

Laursen
    Ronaldo
    Gerard
    Dempsey
    Keane * 2

I was in the goals this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

77 + Dunne to come for me.

I'd say the lad I got in the cup was raging. It's my only realistic hope of silverware this season.

My fantasy cup comes down to the Man City vs Blackburn match.

I'm 5 points behind. We both have Petrov, but he has Richards and Dunne while I have Bentley and Santa Cruz. Gonna be exciting to watch now :)

My fantasy cup comes down to the Man City vs Blackburn match.

I'm 5 points behind. We both have Petrov, but he has Richards and Dunne while I have Bentley and Santa Cruz. Gonna be exciting to watch now :)

I'm 5 points ahead of mine , I have Dunne, he has Richards. So only if Richards scores and picks up the bonus points will I be knocked out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'm 20 points ahead of mine. We both have Santa Cruz to play and he has Petrov but I reckon I'll be safe.

Used my Wild Card too. Go rid of Laursen and Distin and both get decent scores, but luckily enough I got rid of Belletti and bought in Ferdinand, Alex, Howard, Ronaldo and Cahill and they all got decent scores. I'm on 59 with Santa Cruz to play and 3 points for Pienaar who replaces a rested Tevez.

Trying my best to catch those ahead of me in the league with money on it but it's difficult when you have the same players. It's all about picking the right captain each week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

Yep-it all comes down to the captain. I had Berbatov this week, nice. I'm on 68 with 3 points for my automatic sub.

JæKæ wrote: »
    Yep-it all comes down to the captain. I had Berbatov this week, nice. I'm on 68 with 3 points for my automatic sub.

That's why Ronaldo is killing me thesedays. Some people will have players grab 2 points here and there, but Ronaldo with his goals, assists, and bonus points mean that he is getting an average of 20-30 points a week for them.

I would love to have him in my team but can't afford him, and would take a lot of transfers to get him in.

I reckon he's worth the money though. Midfield is key. I have the dream midfield too. Fabregas, Cahill, Ronaldo, Gerrard.
    It's better to spend on midfield than defence I think.

I reckon he's worth the money though. Midfield is key. I have the dream midfield too. Fabregas, Cahill, Ronaldo, Gerrard.
    It's better to spend on midfield than defence I think.

Moi aussi. And Huddlestone in reserve.

• Advertisement

I had a good squad up til now-13 good quality players. I used to rotate each week, depending on who was playing a weaker team.
    But I always ended up having a goalscorer or clean sheet on the bench. So I now put all the money into the starting 11, with some half decent subs. No more tinkering with the starting 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

My opponent in the Fantasy Cup scored 82 this week... Good job I scored 83! :D

Shamrok wrote: »
    My opponent in the Fantasy Cup scored 82 this week... Good job I scored 83! :D

ha cruel :D

Laursen has been credited with an assist-last minute. Must have been a stewards enquiry. That takes me to 74 this week.

Laursen has been credited with an assist-last minute. Must have been a stewards enquiry. That takes me to 74 this week.

Torres had an assist all yesterday and today till they updated. Boourns

A lot can change alright with last minute decisions, bonus points, auto substitutions. You're nearly better off not looking at it til the last game has been played in a gameweek and all totals are finalised.
    I was flying high until Bentley, Petrov and Santa Cruz cleaned up tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

91 points, qualified in my cup game and into the top 20 in the boards league, good gameweek! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Just scraped through in my cup game. At the start of the day I was on 41 and my opponent on 53. He had no players today; I had Dunne and Petrov. That, combined with Laursen being awarded an assist, saw me through.

Don't know what to do with Lampard injured now. Do they normally send Ronaldo home this time of year because he gets homesick or am I confused?
    A lot can change alright with last minute decisions, bonus points, auto substitutions. You're nearly better off not looking at it til the last game has been played in a gameweek and all totals are finalised.

Totally agree with this. Many times I've thought "Wow, I'm doing great this week!" only to see my position slink away as subs and bonus points are added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

61 pts. Out of the cup. and a decision to make re: Lampard.

Updated 79pts...made it through in the cup

Sold Adebayor and bought Santa Claus..Derby vs Blackburn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

2 Transfers

Lampard and Benjani out

Torres and Bentley in

• Advertisement

Out of the cup both scored 74 points each but they won on amount of goals scored :(

KevIRL wrote: »
    Benjani out

Bad move..pompeys next four prem matches are

Portsmouth v Middlesbrough, 15:00
    Reading v Portsmouth, 15:00
    Sunderland v Portsmouth, 13:30
    Portsmouth v Derby, 15:00

I would expect Benjani to score more than Torres in the next 4 games

Fulham are the new Derby when looking at the opposition. They are probably worse than Derby at the moment and concede bucket loads.

I was on 48 before the Man City vs Blackburn game....finished on 82 :D

Petrov got me 11, Bentley got 9 and Santa Cruz got 12. Then got a couple of points for the auto-subs, even though they were crap.

Through to the next round of the cup!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Killme00 wrote: »
    Bad move..pompeys next four prem matches are

Portsmouth v Middlesbrough, 15:00
    Reading v Portsmouth, 15:00
    Sunderland v Portsmouth, 13:30
    Portsmouth v Derby, 15:00

I would expect Benjani to score more than Torres in the next 4 games

Won't Benjani be at the ANC for the Sunderland/Derby games?

Noelie wrote: »
    Won't Benjani be at the ANC for the Sunderland/Derby games?

Nah his country won't be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

all right lads... I never noticed this thread before, don't post much in the soccer forum. But I have a team and am in a few leagues already. Is it okay to still join this one? not even sure I can at this stage.

jimbling wrote: »
    all right lads... I never noticed this thread before, don't post much in the soccer forum. But I have a team and am in a few leagues already. Is it okay to still join this one? not even sure I can at this stage.

I remember last season a few people joined a smaller league I was in 2 months into the season, so you might be able to. But they had to start on 0. There are several hundred teams in the boards league already, so you'd be starting on the back foot big time!

I remember last season a few people joined a smaller league I was in 2 months into the season, so you might be able to. But they had to start on 0. There are several hundred teams in the boards league already, so you'd be starting on the back foot big time!

ah, feck it so.... that would be no fun. Is there prizes for the league or something that they are worried about that?

I don't really know to be honest! You should have a look at the rules to make sure, but that was definitely the case in my local league last season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

you won't be starting on a back foot, as long as you start in week one your points will determine where abouts in the league you will be positioned, if you have feck all points you'll be very low down but if you have a ****e load of points you'll be high up. It has nothing to do with when you join the league

Noelie wrote: »
    you won't be starting on a back foot, as long as you start in week one your points will determine where abouts in the league you will be positioned, if you have feck all points you'll be very low down but if you have a ****e load of points you'll be high up. It has nothing to do with when you join the league

cheers, ill try to join it there now... see what happens

cool, I'm in in 29th position.

jimbling wrote: »
    cool, I'm in in 29th position.

In that case, apologies for the misinformation :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Thinking about gambling, have taken Tevez out, Santa Cruz in, may take Rooney out for Keane/Berbatov to leave me money to have Fabregas Gerrard Ronaldo and Petrov in Midfield.

I wouldn't sell both United strikers for a few weeks-they have some easy games coming up. Spurs have a few tough games coming up

Berbatov captain, nice!

Awful weekend of it so far. Captain Santa Cruz has to save me tomorrow.

Awful weekend of it so far. Captain Santa Cruz has to save me tomorrow.

+1.

Congrats Jae Kae.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Berbatov captain, nice!

Ditto, 40 points for him alone :D

Advertisement