Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

bonus points pending I need 7 points between Santa Cruz, Gerrard and Reina to win my cup match, nice 0-0 game between City and Pool would do nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

i had a stinker of a gameweek on Wednesday and seemed to be going nowhere with constant injuries and ridiculous bad luck so i played my wildcard

have a solid team now inc. Ronaldo and Fabregas and pretty much any form player

two of my team included Kitson and Upson

... and i left both of them on the f**king bench today

unless Torres and Santa Cruz break their legs in their warm ups tomorrow i'm losing out on 24 points :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

berbabtov only got 1 bonus point? What in the hell?

Nice job I had him as captain though :D if only one of my players did aswell in the cup last week. Lost by 4 points and i had almunia on the bench who got 7....oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Not a great week for a lot of people this week, 18 points so far for myself with 4 players left to play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Magic, Berbatov as Capt and Jones helped me to 74 pts !!! :)

Up to 38th in boards league :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Horrible week 32 points with just Torres left

Atleast my cup opponent was even more pathetic and on 27 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Decent enough week, 56 points with Dunne left to play tomorrow. Put Elano on my bench this week- hope it doesn't come back to haunt me.

Switched captain from Ronaldo to Berbatov yesterday, woke up and changed it back to Ronaldo.:mad: Had Larsson (7 pts) and Bramble (6 pts) on the bench. Could have been so much better.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Dire week for me, 27 points with 3 to play. My fantasy cup opponent has Berbatov so I'm out barring a miracle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

What rotten luck. I've had Jones on my team since Gameweek 8. Decided to drop him today and play Dempsey instead. That's 15 points sitting on the bench!

Really need Dunne and Petrov to perform tomorrow, and for Gerrard not to, if I'm to stay in the cup. As someone else said a nil all draw would be a good result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

A large slice of it is luck. I was doing bad with my decisions for captaincy all season. Up until last week when I drafted in Berbatov as captain. Two weeks as captain, with 11 and 19 pointers. Makes a huge difference to my mediocre season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Clean sheet for Liverpool saved me today along with Bently scoring. Ended up with 51 points after having only 18 yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

87 points and up to 7th in the league! God bless captain Berbatov, its been a good Christmas! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm gonna stop checking until the end of the gameweek, for the third week running I hadn't hit 20 by the end of the first day but ended up with 57, decent enough since it seemed to be a generally poor gameweek. Safely through to the next round of the cup and back into the top 30 on boards.

I wonder what the odds are of a boards local derby in the next round of the cup? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yay Bentley and Santa Cruz get me through to the next round of the cup :)

gandalf wrote: »
    Yay Bentley and Santa Cruz get me through to the next round of the cup :)

Exact same for me, they were my only hope given that berbatov was on my opponent's team, a goal each and the big bonus points meant i squeaked through by one point!

Is anyone else chancing benjani as captain against reading, banking on him being this gameweek's berbatov?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Nicky Shorey is some sort of Fantasy League phenomenon. He just keeps getting me points no matter how many he concedes. Three assists in one game is sensational for a full back (Yes I know he takes the dead balls but still).

Progressed comfortably in the cup with a 62-35 win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Nicky Shorey is some sort of Fantasy League phenomenon. He just keeps getting me points no matter how many he concedes. Three assists in one game is sensational for a full back (Yes I know he takes the dead balls but still).

Progressed comfortably in the cup with a 62-35 win.

have to agree with ya there Xavi....a few eyebrows were raised when I put him in my team but he has scored consistently every week. I had him in my team last year also and he did really well. If Reading kept a few clean sheets then who knows what kind of points he's get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

9 assists for a defender is incredible.

Shorey is fantastic but Laursen is the real sensation. I picked him up for 4.7, he's worth 6 now and has bagged as many points as Gerrard. Another savage performance from him again this gameweek, 11 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

are the matches tomorrow night not being counted for the gameweek?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I was wondering that myself. my captain was subbed off when he should be playing tomorrow. it wouldn't bother me too much if this was the case, if the scores stay the same then I'll have won another round in the fantasy cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

evil_seed wrote:
    are the matches tomorrow night not being counted for the gameweek?

Looking at the fixtures on fantasy.premleague.com, Gameweek 21 started today, Gameweek 22 doesn't start till 12th January, so id say tomorrow's must be included in gameweek 21.
     Closed: Gameweek 21
    1 Jan 11:30 GMT
    Open: Gameweek 22
    12 Jan 11:30 GMT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I'm sure its just a mistake.

Up to 28th place. Pleased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Yeah on the homepage there included in this gameweek anyway, must be a mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

It's fixed now actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Is Adeyabor going to the African Nations Cup or has he stopped playing for Togo? I was watching Final Score today and they spoke about Arsenal losing Eboue and Toure but never mentioned Adeyabor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Lemlin wrote: »
    Is Adeyabor going to the African Nations Cup or has he stopped playing for Togo? I was watching Final Score today and they spoke about Arsenal losing Eboue and Toure but never mentioned Adeyabor.

Togo didn't qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Smegball wrote: »
    Togo didn't qualify.

Thank God :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

46 points with Torres, Gerrard, Santa Cruz and Bentley to play

Go on Laursen and Mellberg !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Gutted I didnt get Laursen when his value was lower. I decided to wait uhtil after st. stephens day and his value jumped.

Anyway up to 25th before tonight and barring absolute disaster through to the next round of the cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

56 pts so far with Gerrard, Santa Cruz & Bent to play. Also Cahill to be replaced by Forsell who only got 1 pt. Sitting in 34th at moment. Has been my best season so far and largely due to not chopping & changing my team by 2-3 players a week as I did last year.

My target was to hit 1000points by GW19 and just beat it by 34pts.

Could have been a lot higher aswell had Saha not taken that pen for Utd 2 weeks ago and Ronnie took it instead and he hadn't missed that pen against West Ham. He also could have gotten a hattrick yesterday so I'll be keeping him as my captain for the rest of the season unless he gets injured, me thinks

I think this Eduardo guy is one to bring in...he's a goal machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

after last week leaving Kitson and Upson on the bench costing me 24 points i follow it up this week by leaving Mellberg on the bench costing me another 10 points :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

my cup match this week is epic 52-50 to the other guy who has dunne and richards to play and i have carra reina and dunne. Think i might sneak it.

kdjac

For Blackburn's penalty tonight, Samba had a shot which was handballed. Does this count as an assist? I'm looking for a few extra points to take me through in the cup!

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote: »
    my cup match this week is epic 52-50 to the other guy who has dunne and richards to play and i have carra reina and dunne. Think i might sneak it.

kdjac

Hard Luck :(

Samba got the assist-nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Dunne and Torres got me 17 points tonight bringing me to 66

I just can't get to the 70 point mark :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

69 points. Santa Cruz (C) let me down (for once)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

65 this week.... out of the Fantasy cub though.. he got 75.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I just had my best ever week with 71, and that was despite having taken Utaka out of my team...

this fantasy football lark is harder than i thought though. I still have my wildcard, but meh... can't even think of any changes to make. besides any time i have made a change that person I got rid of scored the week after, is that just really bad luck or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

88 point week for me, sweet!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,339 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

71 points - had Laursen as an automatic sub for an extra 11 points. Nice one.

74. Through in the cup by 6 points. Opponent got 68 which was class so I felt bad for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

72 Points for me best of the season so far,have high hopes going forward have a very strong midfield imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Phew, scraped through in the cup, 65 to 61!

69-68 :D Haven't had a comfortable victory in the cup yet, biggest margin has been 4 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

73 points for me, 5th in the league.

A bit disappointing actually, when before last night I was on 60 with Santa Cruz, Gerrard, Dunne and Emre/N'Zogbia still to play. Cahill missing this weekend was also a bit of a blow.

As for the Fantasy Cup, I got knocked out in the 1st round by someone a few hundred thousand places below me... 65-95 :(

Stupid mickey mouse competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

jimbling wrote: »
    65 this week.... out of the Fantasy cub though.. he got 75.

At least you qualified ! I had a stinker of a week just before Xmas and only got 38 points and it wasnt even enough to get me into it :mad: I wouldnt mind but I have had 60+ scores in each gameweek since, arrgghhh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Seems to have been a high scoring week all round. When people say it's been their best week do they mean from a points or position point of view? I had my best points week (73) but not my best gameweek rank.
    besides any time i have made a change that person I got rid of scored the week after, is that just really bad luck or what?

It's called the Fantasy Football Effect. There's also the Inverse Fantasy Football Effect where you buy, say, Bramble from Wigan but only as a sub and bring Jones back on to your team after he cleaned up with 15 points last week and then he doesn't even get a full game and meanwhile Bramble scores a goal against Liverpool. 9 points on the bench!

Just as an example like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement