Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

KdjaCL wrote: »
    my cup match this week is epic 52-50 to the other guy who has dunne and richards to play and i have carra reina and dunne. Think i might sneak it.

kdjac

How did the scores work out kdjac? It must have been very close?

Safely through the Cup to the next round 62-35....was expecting it to be much closer

I am just gutted by the recent performance of Friedel. I brought him in GW14 until GW19 and he scored a total of 11 points. Transferred him out GW20 and in GW20 & 21 he gets 20 points. My replacement gets only 10....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

I seriously luckboxed my way through in the fantasy cup 69-68. Going into last night I was 6 points down on my opponent. We both had Gerrard playing so that canceled out, he had Santa Cruz and Bently playing vs my Jaskkeilinen and Andy O'Brien. A last minute assist from my keeper and I'm through to the next round!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Yay im in the top 20 now having started my team in gamesweek three. Pretty happy bout that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Juan Pablo wrote: »
    A last minute assist from my keeper and I'm through to the next round!!

now that was lucky Juan....keeper assists are great. Just as well as Stelios looked offside and I thought the goal wasn't going to be given

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I don't know if it was luck or good judgement, but I gave the captaincy back to Ronaldo from Santa Cruz. I wasn't going to until I saw my Cup opponent had Ronaldo captain, and I aired on the side of caution. That saved me. In the end it was comfortable enough.

Up to 22nd in the Boards league. Christmas always seems to be a high scoring period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Epic cup match for me too, he won 61-53 but had made 3 transfers so went to goals scored, only Torres for him, Ronaldo and Laursen for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

i lost in the end thanks to feckin Gerrard, was winning 73-71 till he fecked up.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

A solid 69 sees me progress in the cup. Idiot had no keeper playing as he never changed an injured Van der Sar! Only Santa Cruz and Shorey let me down this week. Clean sheets from my back 4 (except Shorey) and my keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

It's a good thing this weekend is the FA Cup. My three strikers (Adebayor, Santa Cruz and Tevez) are all doubtful. Minor knocks though, hopefully back before the next gameweek.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

What happens if you have a player that transfers to another club, can you keep him? Eg. Anelka, his value might go up if he went to Chelsea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Yes you keep him. If it means that you then have 4 chelsea players you would have to get rid of one of them at the next transfer you make though as the 3 per team rule would be applied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

wardie wrote: »
    Yes you keep him. If it means that you then have 4 chelsea players you would have to get rid of one of them at the next transfer you make though as the 3 per team rule would be applied

I think in that case it would only be fair if that transfer was free on top of your one per week...but alas, no:(

...Just thinking if that scenario arose and you had 4 Chelsea players in your starting 11 and you left it be would Anelka be ineligible and automatically subbed out until you cut down to 3, or would you have the choice of holding out on any immediate transfer and picking 1 of the 4 yourself to benched?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

JæKæ wrote: »
    What happens if you have a player that transfers to another club, can you keep him? Eg. Anelka, his value might go up if he went to Chelsea

It wont go up just because he goes to Chelsea dont worry. The same could be said of Tevez and Man U he started the season as a Hammers player at £8.5m and nothing changed once the transfer went through, so as Jamie Carragher would say CALM DOWN CALM DOWN :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Out of interest, what's everyone's team worth at this stage?

Mine's 104.2m, with 0.5m in the bank.
    Seems to have shot up about 0.6 over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

110.6 but 0.0 in the bank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

101.3 with 0.7 in the bank....but i wouldnt pay that for it!!
    so have all the african nations players gone for this weekend?
    I need to sort my team out today before i go hide under a rock for a few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Will Tevez be back this weekend?

I'm thinking of getting rid of him for a cheap striker anyway to enable me to bring Fabregas in. Tevez may not start every week now that Saha is back and Fabregas seems a more reliable points scorer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

When is Lampard back?? Is it worth hanging on to him???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

0.7 in the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

103.1m, 1.9m in bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

110.6 but 0.0 in the bank

! thats serious profit making! who do you have? Im guessing both Fabregas and Laursen since early anyway.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    ! thats serious profit making! who do you have? Im guessing both Fabregas and Laursen since early anyway.

Yeah, had them from the start. Also had Richards from the start and sold when he peaked. Had Ronaldo and Tevez in at the start too but sold the latter for Torres a while back. Gerrard has gone up a lot, as did Lampard before he got injured. Benjani was a bargain but recently got replaced by Santa Cruz before he skyrocketed in form. Gave up on my back 5 early on as they werent earning the same kind of points consistently as midfielders so I play a 3 5 2 or 3 4 3 depending on the gameweek. Now I have

---James---Green---
    Laursen---Mellberg---Scharner---McCartney---Shorey
    Ronaldo---Cahill--Bentley---Gerrard---Fabergas
    Torres---Adebayor---Santa Cruz

Basically I rely on Villa/West Ham clean sheets and Defenders scoring/assisting at the back and select the rest based on opposition. Took a few 8 and 12 point hits early on to get a quality squad that performs and now I dont need to make (m)any transfers but can afford most of the top scoring players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

can anybody confirm if Wes Brown is suspended for this weekend?
    My plan off just having to sell Yobo might go down the pan if he's also out!

Think he's out for one week. 5 yellow accumulated.

ah nuts there's 4 points down the drain

You should resist the temptation to sell players on a one match ban- you lose money and points and it is rarely worth it. Do you have no subs to take his place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

got myself one hell of a bargain for this week, i reckon by 2 or 3 weeks most people will have copped on to this little gem and everyone will have him in their team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Who would that be then :)

got myself one hell of a bargain for this week, i reckon by 2 or 3 weeks most people will have copped on to this little gem and everyone will have him in their team

Titus Bramble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Obviously a new signing from the window. Skrtel or whatever the new Liverpool guy is called? He plays CB and they really need a player there

• Advertisement

Unearthly wrote: »
    Obviously a new signing from the window. Skrtel or whatever the new Liverpool guy is called? He plays CB and they really need a player there

Not necessarily as Agger is near fit again. He wouldve made a return tonight for the reserves except adverse weather forced it to be postponed. Maybe its Neville for Utd as he scored for their reserves the other day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I'm not going to play a guessing game with you, but if it's one of Derbys new signings, like Villa or Savage, then i can't agree with you that you got a bargain:D
    Unearthly wrote: »

He hasn't officially signed yet and isn't on the database anyway.

My top bargain tip is McFadden at 5.7M. With Yakuba away at ANC he will start games upfront...unless Everton sell him in the window!

Also, possibly Nugent for 6.1M at Pompey. Again because Kanu and Utaka are gone to ANC.

Robinson could be finished at Spurs after being dropped last night so Cerny at 3.9M isn't a bad shout, but then again Spurs rarely keep clean sheets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Im gonna hazard a guess that Jonny is talking about Lauren Robert. Assists, free kicks, etc could mean he's a snip at 4.5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

SofaKing wrote: »
    Im gonna hazard a guess that Jonny is talking about Lauren Robert. Assists, free kicks, etc could mean he's a snip at 4.5.

My thoughts exactly. I once remember Robert getting me a shed load of points in fantasty football a few years back when he scored two ridiculous goals against Spurs and laid on another two for Shearer. Bout 3:50 into this. and who can forget that audacious overhead backheel goal against Fulham a few years back. But he is a lazy sod and I can't see him having the stomach for a relegation scrap. If Jewell sees fit to start him though he could very well represent good value, and could be an ideal replacement for anyone who has the Ghana bound Pineaar (another bargain) in their team. We'll wait to be entertained!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I was thinking its Nery Castillo at 7.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

SofaKing wrote: »
    I don't know if Robert will start, he probably isn't match fit having not played in so long, could be Ghaly and Barnes on the wings

I was thinking its Nery Castillo at 7.5

Nery ain't gonna start for three reasons. 1. We're away, 2. He's not fully fit and 3. Elano's back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Will anelka start for chelsea tomorrow?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Should do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Will anelka start for chelsea tomorrow?

He feckin better ! I signed him Monday and I've made him captain :eek:

I don't think he'll start tomorrow. New signings usually come on for the last half hour. I have Rooney as captain.

Nope: Didn't realise Shevchenko was injured. He should start then alright. If Sheva was fit, Grant would be afraid to put Anelka straight in for him

anelka is on the bench!

Ronaldo is a machine!! Thanks feck I have him. Captain forever!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Ronaldo as captain, Tevez and Rio. Its been a good day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Since that last message, Tevez has got another and Ronaldo has got the hat trick!

• Advertisement

The end of my cup run-my rival had Rio, Ronaldo, and Tevez as captain.
    I went for Dwayne Rooney, dammnit

Ronny as skip, Tevez and Vidic for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Had Ronaldo (c) Ferdinand and Tevez in my team, 83 so far with Santa Cruz to play. My cup rival has the same. He's on 81 but has Santa Cruz and Distin to play. He also has Lescott in his team so he'll probably get a bonus point or two for his goal. Can't believe I'll probably tip the 100 mark this week and still get knocked out of the cup. :(

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Had Ronaldo (c) Ferdinand and Tevez in my team, 83 so far with Santa Cruz to play. My cup rival has the same. He's on 81 but has Santa Cruz and Distin to play. He also has Lescott in his team so he'll probably get a bonus point or two for his goal. Can't believe I'll probably tip the 100 mark this week and still get knocked out of the cup. :(

That is unlucky. 79-72 to me at the moment with bonus points for the United game to come though it means f*ck all as we both have Ronny as skipper and Tevez. After that we both have Bentley to go and I have Santa Cruz, he has Distin. A bonus for Lescott would do me nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

the one week i take the captaincy off Ronaldo...... :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement