Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

114 for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

WTF??
    I remember watching the match and thinking that Santa Cruz got the header and secretly hoped they would give him the assist, but I think one of the Bolton defenders got a tackle in while Roberts was on his run through (even though it just knocked it back into his path). Do You reckon this is why he got it taken away?

The guys over in Fantasy football admin land must study loads of footage. I remember Almunia being awarded an extra point one week days after the matches had finished. Seems they had spotted an extra save brining him up from 2 saves to 3, giving him an extra point.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Gah, had 101 until the assist was taken off Santa Cruz :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

I scored 97 this week but when it came to the cup I only got 93? any idea's why ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

You made 2 transfers. They count in the cup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

If you made 2 transfers for the week then the extra 4 comes of your weekly cup score.

It also comes off your overall score but you dont see it affecting the normal weekly score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

can someone pm me the code for the league, got people contacting me looking to join and i cant remember what it is , cheers, k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

It's on the first page of the thread.

can someone pm me the code for the league, got people contacting me looking to join and i cant remember what it is , cheers, k

You'd better not be on 3000 points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

At the bottom of my fantasy league page it says the highest weekly points was 131,,,, can ye all see that too? But when i look at the team there are 4 man utd players in his team, how is this possible? He has Rooney / Tevez / Ronaldo and Ferdinand.

And no, im not looking at the * star highest point players team.

Nuttzy wrote: »
    At the bottom of my fantasy league page it says the highest weekly points was 131,,,, can ye all see that too? But when i look at the team there are 4 man utd players in his team, how is this possible? He has Rooney / Tevez / Ronaldo and Ferdinand.

And no, im not looking at the * star highest point players team.

The guy has made 0 transfers, therefore he got Tevez before he moved from Wham. If he decides to make a transfer he will have to get rid of a Utd player. Good spotting by the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

got aboyt 70 points.

Does everbody who got 100 pts have ronaldo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

98 points and had Ronaldo. Only player not to score was Alonso. Anyone know what the story is here? I thought that as soon as he got some level of fitness back he would stroll into the Pool team...

Anyway I've dumped him for Hleb.

Is it worth buying Beletti? I had him before but sold him when he didnt play 2/3 games in a row for no apparent reason. Will he play every week, and Chelsea have signed a new defender now aswell that can play in any position in defense meaning Beletti could be left out now and then.

Is Brown or Ferdinand a better bet?
    And whos a good sub midfielder, Laurson = Birmingham or Richardson = Sunderland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Is Brown or Ferdinand a better bet?
    And whos a good sub midfielder, Laurson = Birmingham or Richardson = Sunderland?

If you can afford him, Ferdinand's a much better bet. As for sub midfielder, i'd go with RIchardson, he's done very well since he came back, his price is well below what it should be and only 2% of teams have him, lots of room for an increase in value. I'll be getting him myself next gameweek as an investment.

I can afford Ferdinand but it`ll mean ill have to get rid of Santa Cruz for Berbatov instead of getting rid of Benjani, i had hoped to get rid of Benjani as Portsmouth are useless lately, letting in goals and not scoring.

I can afford Ferdinand but it`ll mean ill have to get rid of Santa Cruz for Berbatov instead of getting rid of Benjani, i had hoped to get rid of Benjani as Portsmouth are useless lately, letting in goals and not scoring.

Might want to hold on to benjani for one more gameweek, portsmouth are playing bottom placed derby at home this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'm buying in Given. I reckon he'll score a few in his role as an Attacking Goalkeeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I'm buying in Given. I reckon he'll score a few in his role as an Attacking Goalkeeper.

LOL :D

I'm bringing in Phillippe Albert, he's always good for a header from a corner, I might even bring in Warren Barton for the odd assist from his old skool wing back position :p

• Advertisement

Bored in work and I was having a look at the Dream Team with consists of:

Green

Laursen
    Ferdinand
    Lescot

Ronaldo
    Fabregas
    Gerrard
    Petrov
    Bentley

Tevez
    Adebayor

1274pts.

add 141pts. for Ronaldo if you kept him for Captain all the way through would've brought you up to 1415pts. and that score would've given you top score overall.

But the bizarre thing is, that team would've only cost you 83.5 at the start so it would've left you enough to buy the remaining subs. (Well not strictly true as the cheapest you could've gotten the remaining subs for is 16.5 but you get the gist)

GOD! I must be really bored!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

haha brilliant!! i dropped shorey for vidic for tomorrow to hopefully pick up a clean sheet, he'll probably nail me by chipping in with an assist!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

gucci wrote: »
    haha brilliant!! i dropped shorey for vidic for tomorrow to hopefully pick up a clean sheet, he'll probably nail me by chipping in with an assist!!

Yeah I've the same problem. I haven't dropped Shorey yet this season and he's not let me down. 3 assists the other is unreal for a left back. However they are probably gonna get destroyed.....

Exciting times in the Fantasy Cup. He's 45-40 up. I thought I was f*cked as he has Benjani but he criminally doubted Ronny and didn't put him as captain so that last minute goal has caught me up.

He has three players left to play, I have four. We both have Lescott and Dunne so it's a shootout between Steven Taylor and Agbonlahor for me and Rob Green for him. I need goals for City!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Fabregas is getting dumped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Unearthly wrote: »
    Fabregas is getting dumped

i'm beginning to think similar. he hasn't regained his early form.

Benjani has made my week for me, i'm glad i forgot to transfer him out now. took him long enough to get back on the score sheet.

sionnach wrote: »
    Might want to hold on to benjani for one more gameweek, portsmouth are playing bottom placed derby at home this week.

I hope you took my advice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

I think I'll drop Cesc too, but not til after Newcastle home.

Ah I dunno, I reckon he's worth keeping. Regardless of whether or not he scores gaols or gets assists he's generally good for bonus points. Plus, I've had him from the start so if I was to get rid of him I'd lose too much money and wouldn't be able to buy him back.

• Advertisement

sionnach wrote: »
    I hope you took my advice!

Yeah, i took your advice, i knew he was playing Derby so wasnt gonna get rid of him this week. I swapped gerrard and pamarot for Ricchardson and Alex.
    My strategy for the rest of the season is to use my 1 free transfer every week to buy a player from whatever team is playing Derby, defenders likely to score or whatever player i reckon is likely to score in that match.

What ye think? For example next week i might draft in Elano vs Derby.

Yeah, i took your advice, i knew he was playing Derby so wasnt gonna get rid of him this week. I swapped gerrard and pamarot for Ricchardson and Alex.
    My strategy for the rest of the season is to use my 1 free transfer every week to buy a player from whatever team is playing Derby, defenders likely to score or whatever player i reckon is likely to score in that match.

What ye think? For example next week i might draft in Elano vs Derby.

City away to Derby? I bet we lose. If you're gonna draft anyone go for Petrov. he'll destroy their full back whereas Elano is likely to be double marked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think an alternation of strikers who are playing Derby is not the worst transfer policy in the world. Problem with Derby is though, the goals could literally come from anywhere.

PHB wrote: »
    I think an alternation of strikers who are playing Derby is not the worst transfer policy in the world. Problem with Derby is though, the goals could literally come from anywhere.

Exactly could be worth taking a gamble on the defender most likely to score or assist againt them on a particular week. Might take a gamble on Dunne next wk.

they`re playing Birmingham in 2 weeks, i see Jermone scored twice in the reverse fixture, hmmmmm, i might get him that week, or even Laursson, birmingham are doing well lately against tough teams too, so i reckon they`ll have fun with Derby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Benjani has made my week for me, I'm glad i forgot to transfer him out now. took him long enough to get back on the score sheet.
    i thought he had gone to play in the African nations cup :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    so i left him on the bench, however if Gareth barry doesn't play tonight (hes doubtful apparently)
    considering my pathetic performance the last 2weeks i really need those 17 points (unless of course barry gets a hat trick tonight, that will be sufficient!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

38 points with two to play

hoping for something like a Mellberg hat-trick with clean sheet or a Torres double hat-trick to get me back into this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Im 5 points down in the fantasy cup. We both have Laurson so it all boils down to Ashley Young for me versus Jamie Carragher for him. I think I could be in trouble! Come on Villa!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Im fecked for the cup as well tonight, not a hope in hell. I need Gerrard and Carra to get me a combined total of about 25...The feckers whole defense was unreal this week, he played 1-5-3-2 with all of his back 6 keeping clean sheets and 2 scoring!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Im ahead 46 - 43 in the cup

I have Mellberg, Laursen and Agbonlahor.
    He has Torres and Carragher.

Up the Villa!!

I'm five points down with Agbonlahor to go. He needs 6 points but at the mo he only has two. Looks like I'm on my way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Gerrard is out, Ballack is in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

A wise move. Look at the amount of bonus points Ballack has amassed since returning. He'll be adding goals and assisits to that in the next few weeks, good value @ 8.3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

How come Ballack didn't start for Chelsea tonight? Is he injured?

Lemlin wrote: »
    Huh?
    What has last night's match got to do with the Fantasy Football? It was a Carling Cup match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

I assume he just wants to know if he'll be playing next week in the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Huh?
    What has last night's match got to do with the Fantasy Football? It was a Carling Cup match.

What has it got to do with Fantasy Football? Well it was an important game and they didn't bother starting him, if he wasn't injured that is. You go back to sleep though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

Who to make captain? Fabregas vs. Newcastle, or Rooney or Ronaldo vs. Portsmouth?
    Tough one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Lemlin wrote: »

ballack has a calf strain. Doubtful for FA cup this weekend, And I assume doubtful as well for the midweek game aswell.

I have ditched santa Cruz for Tevez. I am banking on him having hit and passed his peak already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Santa Cruz is next to leave for me aswell, Keane will be going in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Cahill out, Suspended for this gameweek, and read today he is in the OZ squad for a world cup game on 6th Feb in Melbourne so doubt he will play on the 9th for everton..Bentley in..

Anybody making Petrov captain seen as he`s playing derby? Worth a gamble, huh, im chancing it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement