Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

No happy at all about this gameweek. Such a high possibility of players getting injured in the FA Cup and being out for midweek. Damn Villa and Blackburn for not still being in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Anyone get caught out by the deadline for this gameweek?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

KevIRL wrote: »

yes :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Unearthly wrote: »
    yes :(

How'd you manage that? You'd a full week to make changes, its not like the 3 days at Christmas. Plus, most deadlines are Saturday mornings.

Damn you Santa Cruz. Dropped him for Eduardo last second.

How'd you manage that? You'd a full week to make changes, its not like the 3 days at Christmas. Plus, most deadlines are Saturday mornings.

Damn you Santa Cruz. Dropped him for Eduardo last second.

I think a fair few people thought it was an FA cup weekend, and didnt bother with the FF.

Exactly, had no idea there was a premiership game today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah I got caught out too. :(

I just thought that it was an FA Cup weekend.

I was wondering why people were posting in this thread. I even check when a couple of players in my team were playing and when I seen that they weren't playing until midweek I just assumed that the Gameweek was just a bunch of midweek games.

No harm done really but I could've done with using a free transfer this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

KevIRL wrote: »

Yes:( though think my team should hold up well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Had three players playing today so picked up a nice few points including a goal and an assist :D

Seán Ó Cinnéide had this league wrapped up before Christmas, he was streets ahead!
    But now he is 3rd, how the mighty have fallen

• Advertisement

Was gonna drop Santa Cruz this week but thought he might be due a goal. My faith was rewarded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Adeyabor selected by only 34% of teams. I can't believe that. I have it hard to find a team in most of the leagues I'm in that doesn't have him.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Adeyabor selected by only 34% of teams. I can't believe that. I have it hard to find a team in most of the leagues I'm in that doesn't have him.

I've had him since nearly the start

He was frying the head scoring a hattrick one week, then going missing for a month, but he is a lot more consistent now and is a must have in any team.

I've had him since nearly the start

He was frying the head scoring a hattrick one week, then going missing for a month, but he is a lot more consistent now and is a must have in any team.

I've had him from pretty much the start too. He was always a cheap striker in a top team. Much like Tevez when he moved to Man United.

Fabregas is getting dumped

Looks like missing the deadline has its advantages :cool:

I was bout to bring Fabregas in but went for Ballack instead. Not sure what to do about Fabregas. Thinking about dropping Petrov because he hasn't done anything now in a few weeks.

• Advertisement

Why anyone would drop Fabregas is beyond me. He is an assist machine and is constantly getting bonus points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I got Ade in when Van Persie picked up his original injury. So glad I didn't drop him back out when VP came back (sort of) to fitness.

He's scored in each of his last 5 games.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Why anyone would drop Fabregas is beyond me. He is an assist machine and is constantly getting bonus points.

Well he had gone through a slump recently. Glad I held onto him.

49 points so far this week with Ronaldo, Gerrard and Anelka (c) to play tonight.

Hoping for a blank from Ronaldo with an Anelka hat trick

Lemlin wrote: »
    Thinking about dropping Petrov because he hasn't done anything now in a few weeks.
    Cue a hattrick against Derby tonight so! :D

Man City have a tough couple of weeks ahead of them. Arsenal, Manu & Everton next.

23pts. with 6 still to play and Wheater & Bent to come in for Cahill and Richardson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

I think the fantasy football website is broken, Fabregas wasn't given any bonus point.

• Advertisement

Noelie wrote: »
    I think the fantasy football website is broken, Fabregas wasn't given and bonus point.

Yeah there's somethin not quite right there. For a goal and an assist surely he deserved something. Who got the bonus points in the game?

Yeah there's somethin not quite right there. For a goal and an assist surely he deserved something. Who got the bonus points in the game?

Flamini: 3
    Hleb: 2
    Clichy: 1

That's odd alright, surely there's some type of script built into the site that automatically gives Fabregas the full 3 points each week regardless of his performance?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    That's odd alright, surely there's some type of script built into the site that automatically gives Fabregas the full 3 points each week regardless of his performance?

Not really seen him get that many bonus points since that injury before Christmas.

Richard Dunne and Ronaldo are now the bonus kings

Not really seen him get that many bonus points since that injury before Christmas.

I was being a tad sarcastic.

But just looking at the site there, since the new year he's gotten bonus points in 2 of the 4 games he's played.

And before his injury he didn't go more than a week without with any, most weeks getting the full 3.

I was being a tad sarcastic.

Doh

Looking back it was so obvious it literally smacks me in the face now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Feck it, Tevez on the bench...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Don't forget Laursen.

I haven't dropped Petrov yet but he's dropped after tonight. Apparently he laid on a sitter for Vassell already and he missed it!

I'm glad I brought Ballack in though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I left James in goal by accident but I reckon hes gonna get a few bonus pts with all those saves tonight :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Was home and dry in my cup match till Reina conceded that 94th minute penalty, now Im through on goals scored unless Ferdinand and Anelka get more bonus points than Lescott, Tevez and Benjani.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I wonder is there anybody who doesnt have Ronaldo as captain these days?

Archimedes wrote: »

My fantasy cup opponent :D

81 provisionally, delighted.

Archimedes wrote: »
    A mate of mine who's in a league with me and some others that has some cash on the eventual winner.

He's been in the top 10,000 for ages but for the last few weeks he's been giving the captaincy to Fabregas for some reason.
    He's either gambling on Ronaldo fvcking up so he can shoot ahead or he's just giving us all a chance to catch up!! Although this week he still managed 78pts.

One or two in my league don't even have him in the team never mind as captain!

A solid mid-70s week again for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

83 for me and i didnt have Ronaldo as captain. The top 5 of my league, im amongst these top 5, all had Ronaldo as captain the past few weeks but took a chance on Adabeyor to try jump ahead this week. Ironically, if i had have left ronaldo as captain i`d be winning my league by 13 points. Still, didnt backfire too much.

Im thinking of swapping Petrov for Ballack but chelsea arent palying in 2 game weeks from now and i already have Anelka and Alex so i`d need 3 playing subs. Hmmm, nah i wont get him.

Any suggestions on a new midfielder for me, to join up with Ronaldo + Fabergas. Whos on a little run with handy games comin up? Villa?

Just be weary if you go for Cahill. He was called up to the Australia squad for WC qualifiers in February, he could miss two games for Everton.

Get rid of/don't buy any City players. We have some horrible fixtures coming up and have no striker to win them for us.

Get rid of/don't buy any City players. We have some horrible fixtures coming up and have no striker to win them for us.

What about Sturridge?

• Advertisement

What about Sturridge?

What about him? The lad's 18, only just back from 8 months out through injury and isn't ready to play against the likes of Arsenal and United. I wouldn't throw into my team based on those two goals.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Great week, but missed the century by 2 points for the sencond time this month. Of course I brough in Young prematurely as I realise he's suspended for next week. I have no subs of worth som an thinking of gambling with a 9m striker and hope he gets 4+ points to pay for the transfer-and then some!

Anelka isn't doing it for me either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

77 points for me, my best week actually

would have been 86 if it wasn't for poxy Villa and Bburn getting knocked out of the cup and messing up the transfer deadline for my planned acquisition Wheater :mad:

can't see myself climbing the rankings, too many people have Ronaldo (c), Adebayor, Lescott, Laursen, Fabregas and i can't find or afford any other players that will outperform that lot :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Im replacing Petrov with Barry, villa have been scoring a lot and their next 3 games are Fulham, Newcastle and Reading. Bound to be points in there.

Anyone thinking of taking a punt on Alfonso Alves? I'm still thinking about it, I guess it depends on his price as well. That or Defoe if he goes to Pompey.

Anyone thinking of taking a punt on Alfonso Alves? I'm still thinking about it, I guess it depends on his price as well. That or Defoe if he goes to Pompey.

Alves costs 8. Still, he could be a bargain if he's banging in hat tricks every week. Thinking of it for tomorrow since they've Newcastle who cant defend.
    Pompey have Chelsea so that one will be cagey. Might have to wait a week to see about Defoe, when Pompey have Bolton. Also, theres some confusion over the whole Benjani-Defoe transfers paying for each other debacle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,436 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Does Alves actually have international clearence to play tomorrow? I'm not sure that he does.

Tauren wrote: »
    Does Alves actually have international clearence to play tomorrow? I'm not sure that he does.

All Sky say is that he is set to make his debut if he recieves it in time. Also...

AZ Alkmaar are prepared to see Afonso Alves banned from playing for new club Middlesbrough for the rest of the season after announcing they will take their claim on the Brazil international to FIFA.

The Dutch club are still insistent they have a pre-contract agreement with the striker, a claim which is disputed by Alves. The 27-year-old was sold by Heerenveen to Boro for an undisclosed fee on transfer deadline day but AZ chairman Dirk Scheringa will ask FIFA to investigate.

He told De Telegraaf: "He really has a chance of getting banned from playing for the rest of the season. We have a water-tight contract with him."

The Dutch FA (KVNB), who signed off the transfer to Boro on Thursday, have already ruled that the agreement between the player and AZ is invalid because the club have not met certain conditions.

You'd be mad to sign Alves. You can't be sure he'll get his game, and if he does you can't be sure he'll play more than a few minutes. And even if he does play it could take him a while to settle into the team/premiership.

These types of gambles very rarely pay off. Much better off getting a striker (or any player for that matter) that's in form.

You'd be mad to sign Alves. You can't be sure he'll get his game, and if he does you can't be sure he'll play more than a few minutes. And even if he does play it could take him a while to settle into the team/premiership.

These types of gambles very rarely pay off. Much better off getting a striker (or any player for that matter) that's in form.

Mad, or inspired? Boro have little in the line of strikers so equally, he could get a lot of games. Everyone has the core "form" players (Adebayor, Tevez, Ronaldo, Fabergas, Cahill, Bentley, Laursen, Lescott, Ferdinand etc) so he could be just the guy to offer something different if this mess gets sorted out.

You just don't want everyone else to sign him so his value won't rise... :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement