Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Mad, or inspired? Boro have little in the line of strikers so equally, he could get a lot of games. Everyone has the core "form" players (Adebayor, Tevez, Ronaldo, Fabergas, Cahill, Bentley, Laursen, Lescott, Ferdinand etc) so he could be just the guy to offer something different if this mess gets sorted out.
    It's only inspired if it works out! I learned the hard way that you should always go with the form players. There's an old saying, "If something happens once it may never happen again. But if it happens twice it's sure to happen again" something like that anyway, but it's quite apt here.
    MrJoeSoap wrote:
    You just don't want everyone else to sign him so his value won't rise...
    lol

I've already made 2 transfers this week. 2 in form midfielders that were going quite cheap actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Anyone thinking of bringing in Defoe? He's only 7.5 million. I reckon he'll be good to bag a few in that Pompey team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Just completely mucked up my transfer for this week and wiped around .4 mil from the bank. Had to play my wildcard to rectify things. Goddamnit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Lemlin wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of bringing in Defoe? He's only 7.5 million. I reckon he'll be good to bag a few in that Pompey team.

Yep very tempted. I'm also reluctant to let Santa Cruz go though.

I let Distin go because he got a hamstring injury against United, and even though his status is normal on the site, Sky rated him as slightly doubtful. Brought in Upson, but I plan to swap back after the weekend. Distin is a bonus points machine.

Yep very tempted. I'm also reluctant to let Santa Cruz go though.

I let Distin go because he got a hamstring injury against United, and even though his status is normal on the site, Sky rated him as slightly doubtful. Brought in Upson, but I plan to swap back after the weekend. Distin is a bonus points machine.

I'm in the same predicament but I'm thinking of letting Tevez go because he's been complaining about not getting a proper rest for two Summers now and Fergie may start resting him in PL games for the Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Reina and Petrov out, Almunia and Ballack in.

bohsman wrote: »
    Reina and Petrov out, Almunia and Ballack in.

Change that if you can. They have Almunia down as out for tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Balls, Niemi as sub should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I am, think he will be a good signing for Pompey and he has a point to prove to the spuds and get back in the England squad, not sure if this week is the right week though against Chelsea. Any opinions. Currently have Bent, Jones and Eduardo, so would have to transfer out Eduardo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Change that if you can. They have Almunia down as out for tomorrow.

I wouldn't trust that. they get it wrong often enough. He's in the squad on BBC and no mention of a knock

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I wouldn't trust that. they get it wrong often enough. He's in the squad on BBC and no mention of a knock

It was on Arsenal tv earlier. Looks like he could be out.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    It was on Arsenal tv earlier. Looks like he could be out.

Hmmmm I see. Well I'm gonna keep him. Have Niemi as backup anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

just used my 1 transfer this week....Cahill out for Barry..

Cahill is doubtful and with him being called up by Aus, better out now than later

Green in for Almunia. Shorey restored to the starting XI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Agree about transferring out Tevez - can see him on the bench for a bit now

Also anyone thinking of getting Cerny in? He's only 3.9 million and given the defensive signings by Spurs (Woodgate and Rangers guy) , the fact that King is back and also given Ramos is a defensive coach recokn could be worth a punt.

Also Tom Huddlestone is only 4.5 million - looks like he's slimmed down a lot and is getting his game regularly and has quite a peg on him. Have him as a good value sub midfielder

Also Liverpool have two games in the one game week coming up so might be worth transferring a few Pool players in.

Don't agree about Defoe - Portsmouth have been struggling the last while and until the guys from the African Nations Cup are back I'd say hold off

I'm going to keep Tevez in the hope that he got his rest in midweek. If he doesn't play I have subs that can come in. Certainly not worth sacrificing four points for second transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Oh dear, this is shaping up to be a woeful gameweek for me, i just HAD to delay getting adebayor for another week so as not to incur the four point penalty to supposedly better my chances of winning my fantasy cup match. *sigh* And my opponent has him as captain, to make things worse. Ronaldo better score 5 or i'm screwed

Yep horrendous week for me. Likewise i didn't want the four point peno so left Adebayor on the sidelines. Disgusted.

wish I had a bit more balls when choosing my capt but the fear of not having Ronaldo and everyone else having him and him scoring 2 kept him for me.

I really fancied Spurs to keep him quiet today and was thinking about adebayor instaed. when is the liverpool double gameweek?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

:(

Again I make Ronaldo captain and he does sfa. ffs.

I'm wondering if it's worth bringing in Scholes now but I'd have to drop Tevez and Hunt and I'd get Benjani as well with the leftovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Not a great week so far but bringing Adebayor back into my team has paid dividends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

So what's the deal with Benjani - is he likely to get a game with Portsmouth again after Defoe's transfer in, and him missing the transfer out?

Recommend me a striker for 6.3m :p

Chelsea & Spurs don't play GW27

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Liverpool and West Ham have two games in GW 28

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

took a bit of a gamble to catch up in the league, cesc, upson and santa cruz out gerrard, lescott and murphy in hope i make back the 8 points soon enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Trippie wrote: »
    took a bit of a gamble to catch up in the league, cesc, upson and santa cruz out gerrard, lescott and murphy in hope i make back the 8 points soon enough
    You probably should've waited until after the International friendlies before making any changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

worst fantasy week ever, rooney ronnie melberg vidic and campbell all fail to perform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

is Almunia still injured for the weekend?

I think so. He's meant to be out until the 29th I heard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anyone have an update on Torres...with the Pool having 2 games on Week 28, I was thinking of adding a few Pool players to the line up. May as well start early if I can and get someone in now...it's a pain they have Chelsea away right before the double week though :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Anyone have an update on Torres...with the Pool having 2 games on Week 28, I was thinking of adding a few Pool players to the line up. May as well start early if I can and get someone in now...it's a pain they have Chelsea away right before the double week though :rolleyes:

Torres got injured for Spain and will miss the Chelsea game, according to Sky Sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Well after my worst week in months (26 points), I decided to make afew changes and take my first point hit of the season. So out with Dunne, Santa Cruz and Richardson and in with Lescott, Jones and Dempsey. So hopefully that will pay off, also giving the captaincy to Berbatov instead of Ronaldo aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Cant decide whether to switch captaincy from Ronnie to Berbatov? Had Ronaldo for ages and he has been a massive success but with spurs playing derby I am tempted..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Feck sake, I wanted to sign Danny Wellbeck because Ferguson intimated he would feature tomorrow with both Saha and Rooney out...and he's not even in the FF squad!:(

Ridiculous!...and he surely would have been a bargain?

Well made one sub, got rid of Bentley this week for Downing, will bring back in Bentley nxt week.

Can't decide on my captain though, Ronaldo,Cesc,Cahill or Lescott. Have a feeling city might get something against Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

shepthedog wrote: »
    Cant decide whether to switch captaincy from Ronnie to Berbatov? Had Ronaldo for ages and he has been a massive success but with spurs playing derby I am tempted..

Berbatov on the bench....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

KevIRL wrote: »
    Berbatov on the bench....
    Balls! :(

Yesss. My Cup opponent has Berbatov. I was worried about that being the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yesss. My Cup opponent has Berbatov. I was worried about that being the difference.

brought in noble today myself, he's started the last good few games - back on the bench today typically enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Bought John Carew this week and made the big man captain. Hopefully it'll work out and he'll grab me a goal today. Wait a second my personal assistant is whispering something into my ear here.....

Excellent he's just told me the Villa game is just over and my new captain Carew has bagged himself a hatrick. Nice.:cool:

• Advertisement

Why the f*ck isn't Noble playin for West Ham? Not even on the poxy bench. Nothing about an injury. My first sub is Steven fecking Taylor as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Why the f*ck isn't Noble playin for West Ham? Not even on the poxy bench. Nothing about an injury. My first sub is Steven fecking Taylor as well

Alan Curbishley has hinted that Mark Noble may miss out against Birmingham at the weekend.

The Hammers boss confirmed that the 20-year-old midfielder may to be rested after featuring against Wigan, Liverpool and Croatia under 21s since last Wednesday.

"He played a big game on Tuesday," said Curbishley at yesterday's pre-match press conference.

"He's played three games in six days and was a bit stiff yesterday - so we'll see what we've got tomorrow really.

"He ran an enormous amount during the [Liverpool] game. He looked a little bit tired against Wigan and he's had to go and play again on Tuesday night and run an enormous amount again.

"I'm not in a position to rotate it too much but what I know when I play Mark Noble is what I'm going to get - he'll give us everything he's got."

Lee Bowyer is likely to step into Noble's place if the youngster is rested against Birmingham, who are back in the bottom three despite spending big in January's transfer window.

Elsewhere there is good news ahead of Saturday; back in contention are Julien Faubert, Nobby Solano and Luis Boa Morte - although Bobby Zamora is likely to require further match practice before being considered for selection.

"Julien played a full reserve game on Wednesday; Nobby Solano obviously came on at Wigan and played in the reserve game as well," added Curbishley. "With Ljungberg, that's three people at the moment who can play in that position.

"We've got Matty Etherington and Boa Morte on the other side; Freddie can play on the other side too so we are getting some of the players together."

Fortunately for Curbishley all those players on international duty in midweek appear to have emerged unscathed.

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=123064

Loada me sack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Well, he came on and scored a penalty. 5 points will do nicely.

Well, he came on and scored a penalty. 5 points will do nicely.

Still, not as devestating as it could have been. We're equal on points but I've more players to play.

Happy enough so far. The way fixtures are only my defense played and got 18 between the four of them, and by the sounds of it James is in for some bonus points.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ffs, you and me both Xavi..spent ages finding someone for the midfield for the weekend. I didnt read about it this morning :(

Get the feeling I'll have a rubbish week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

23 points with 2 and half to play (Anelka probably won't score)

would have been 27 if it wasn't for that geebag Carrick hitting the ball on target for the first time in about 3 years :mad:

and it would have been 32 if i dropped Mellberg for Wheater like i planned but then forgot :o

Ade and Fab better destroy Balckburn into obliviion tomorrow night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Stupid week again.

3 utd players :rolleyes: and I left Dickie Dunne on the bench to go 3 at the back. ffs

Ade better score 3 tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

It seems that anyone near the top is having a bad time atm since we all have the same underperforming core for the last couple of weeks. Changing Captaincy from Ronaldo as I think United may be entering a bad/lower scoring patch.

• Advertisement

40 points with Cesc and Eduardo to play.

Wish I had not put Ronaldo as my captain now.

Advertisement