Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

kaimera wrote: »
    Stupid week again.

3 utd players :rolleyes: and I left Dickie Dunne on the bench to go 3 at the back. ffs

Ade better score 3 tomorrow night.

I must be posting under a different name now cause that's my exact situation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

34 points with Cesc, Ade, Bentley and Santa Cruz to play tomorrow. So a very high scoring match would do nicely (with Blackburn winning to suit my real-life interests :o)

My cup opponent has 26 with only Clichy and Ade to play. Starting to think I can win this thing :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

10 points :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Up until last week's unmitigated disaster that was 30 pts, I had been a model of consistency. This week however, despite retaining Ronaldo as my captain, I've somehow managed the highest score in the boards top 27 with a whopping 47 points! Fabregas and Santa Cruz still to play.

Meanwhile my team value continues to plummet. In gameweek 20 it went from 103.7 to 104.2. More recently it's been hovering between 104.2 and 104.4 but tonight it's down to 104.1.

I find it very difficult to keep track of the market and only ever making one transfer doesn't help. One of the guys in my private league is over 200pts behind me but has a team value of 107.1m having made about 46 transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Team:

1: Green

2: Upson

3: Brown

4: Laursen

5: Lescott

6: Fabregas

7: Gerrard

8: Ronaldo
    (C)

9: Petrov

10: Adebayor

11: Tevez

Got knocked out of the cup this week as West ham couldn't keep a clean sheet against Birmingham! and my opponent has James and goes through by three points. However I do have 9 in the bank from some sub wheeling and dealing and my trade of Distin for Upson for the upsoming west-ham double gameweek.

So the choice is............. Trade Upson back for Distin OR trade Petrov for Ballack which would give me the midfield of wet dreams with Cesc, Gerrard, Ronaldo and Ballack. I was planning to do that but now that Man C and Petrov are looking sexy again................ it's a hard call.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

45 this week. Had 3 Arsenal players last night (Fabergas, Adebayor and Clichy) who rescued me from a pitiful score of 30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Chelsea dont play GW27.

I fancy City to win v Eve so I'd keep Petrov [as I am!]

I was aware Chelsea were off in GW27 but is it worth the trade as I have two west ham players playing twice in GW 27 against Liverpool and Chelsea so with Ballack and Gerrard I'd be hedging my bets either way. I suppose the question is who is going to have a better run over the last ten weeks- chelsea with all their african nations players or city. My head says chelsea but the fact that petrov is a guaranteed start and has been so consistent is the only thing holding me back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm looking to drop Alex and bring in a defender. I was thinking about a Liverpool defender because they have two games in the next gameweek. Is that new Skrtel fella guaranteed his place for a few weeks? I know Carra is but I haven't 8.8, only 8.5.

Just trying to plan out my transfers over the next few weeks to get in as many players as possible that have a double gameweek coming up. So just a reminder to those who are doing the same, or transferring out players with no gameweek this weekend:

Gameweek 27: No fixtures for Spurs or Chelsea (thankfully it doesn't affect any other teams, they must have been set to play each other coincidentally)

Gameweek 28: Double fixtures for both Liverpool and West Ham.

Gameweek 29: No games for Man United, Chelsea, Pompey, Derby, Birmingham or Bolton (FA Cup weekend I think).

Gameweek 30: Double fixtures for Spurs and Chelsea.

After that I'm not sure, I don't know if there's a date announced for when the FA Cup teams play their fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Just trying to plan out my transfers over the next few weeks to get in as many players as possible that have a double gameweek coming up. So just a reminder to those who are doing the same, or transferring out players with no gameweek this weekend:

Gameweek 27: No fixtures for Spurs or Chelsea (thankfully it doesn't affect any other teams, they must have been set to play each other coincidentally)

Gameweek 28: Double fixtures for both Liverpool and West Ham.

Gameweek 29: No games for Man United, Chelsea, Pompey, Derby, Birmingham or Bolton (FA Cup weekend I think).

Gameweek 30: Double fixtures for Spurs and Chelsea.

After that I'm not sure, I don't know if there's a date announced for when the FA Cup teams play their fixtures.

Gameweek 29 could still feature most of those ommitted teams because if any of them have their postponed game rearranged for the immediate Wednesday after they will still be included in the gameweek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm looking to drop Alex and bring in a defender. I was thinking about a Liverpool defender because they have two games in the next gameweek. Is that new Skrtel fella guaranteed his place for a few weeks? I know Carra is but I haven't 8.8, only 8.5.
    Finnan?

Nunu wrote: »
    Gameweek 29 could still feature most of those ommitted teams because if any of them have their postponed game rearranged for the immediate Wednesday after they will still be included in the gameweek.

Ah true, and I really hope that is the case. At the moment there's no date announced on the FF site.

kaimera wrote: »
    Finnan?

He's not guaranteed his place if Arbeloa comes back though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Looking to drop Cahill and bring in either Bullard or Diarra so I can buy Adebayor. Basically need a midfielder whose value is not greater than 6.4, any suggestions.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Looking to drop Cahill and bring in either Bullard or Diarra so I can buy Adebayor. Basically need a midfielder whose value is not greater than 6.4, any suggestions.

Mark Noble. I fancy West Ham to do Fulham away from home and he plays twice in the next game week so you'll have him in. He was rested last week so that should be that over with. Only 4.4 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Mark Noble. I fancy West Ham to do Fulham away from home and he plays twice in the next game week so you'll have him in. He was rested last week so that should be that over with. Only 4.4 as well.

Sounds like a good bet to me tks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

I keep avoiding Ronaldo as captain, usually backfires too. Had Gerrard this week, as I knew Boro would leak goals. Stevie didn't feature though, and ROnaldo has lots of points by half time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Nice one for Torres for the hat-trick esp as he's mon capitane.

A delightful 34 points

Shame the rest of my team did poo-ish - real danger he might outscore the rest of them

Nice one for Torres for the hat-trick esp as he's mon capitane.

A delightful 34 points

Shame the rest of my team did poo-ish - real danger he might outscore the rest of them

Have Torres and Ronaldo...but signed Gerrard and made him Captain...D'OH!!

• Advertisement

64 points with four players still to go. Back on track after a couple of horror weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

61 points with 4 to play, thankfully way better than my last 2 gameweek scores of 39 and 32 :)

now a Man City/Everton 0-0 draw and Bolton clean sheet would be lovely

64 points with four players still to go. Back on track after a couple of horror weeks.

Exactly the same. Lescott, Petrov, Santa Cruz and Bentley to play. Through to the next round of the cup as well.

61 points with 4 to play, thankfully way better than my last 2 gameweek scores of 39 and 32 :)

now a Man City/Everton 0-0 draw and Bolton clean sheet would be lovely

Lol unlucky there.

Goals for my two players playing today, Bentley and Shorey, have really boosted my points tally.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

so are chelsea pompey derby and brum now back in gameweek 29 for the 12th of March ???

james123 wrote: »
    so are chelsea pompey derby and brum now back in gameweek 29 for the 12th of March ???

Yes.

Only Utd - Bolton fixture is missing now because Bolton are playing UEFA Cup Thursday 13th March...that match will most likely be played on March 18/19, unless Utd need an FA Cup replay, then Lord knows when it will be played!

Cahill and Tevez out. Noble and Torres in. I decided to take a four point hit to get Torres in for next weekend. Hopefully he plays in both games.

Argh Petrov :mad:

Violent conduct, that's him gone for three games. Gonna be some careful decision making over the next few weeks with the rescheduled games, I guess I know my first transfer.

Petrov getting sent is some weird blessing in disguise for me as most of my rivals have him. Nice points for Lescott again. Has me on 91 with maybe bonus points to come.

• Advertisement

Dempsey Out Pienaar In, that leaves me with 2.8 in the transfer kitty now!

i may take a 4 point hit on signing Almunia by the end of the week because a certain keeper i signed suddenly went to sh!t the second i signed him :rolleyes:

i'm kinda tempted by Torres too but when i had him last he wasn't doing nothing spectacular and then i signed Anelka who was 1.0 cheaper but he has only delivered 1 goal and 0 assists and the dull way Chelsea are playing, i'm not seeing an avalanche of goals or assists..... its a tough one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Howard, Lescot and Ronaldo (c) saved me this week. 73 ain't bad considering my defence and forwards were sh1t.

Liverpool double week is annoying as I'm tempted to buy in a pool player but you can never be guaranteed they'll play both games.

Lol unlucky there.
    ah not too bad really, it was toss of a coin between Wheater or Cahill in defence this week and neither covered themselves in glory with nil point each :)

Petrov being sent off has made up my mind for me- In you come Ballack.

1: Green
    2: Upson
    3: Brown
    4: Laursen
    5: Lescott
    6: Fabregas
    7: Gerrard
    8: Ronaldo
    (C)
    9: Ballack
    10: Adebayor
    11: Tevez

Upson, Gerrard and Green both playing twice this week. Up to 8th. Money in the bank. Looking healthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

The Evertonian backbone( Howard, Lescott and Cahill) has saved me from a very poor week thankfully. If I had of had Ronaldo as captain I couldve got nearly 90 points though :(

Switched Torres in for Adebayor(since Arsenal are in average form and have a tough game against Villa next) and made him Captain. Wouldve picked Ronaldo as captain but I have a suspicion of Ferguson resting him against Fulham and only bringing him on against Fulham if hes in a bad sitaution. Probably swap back for Ade though after the double week for the pool. Dont trust Rafa and with Eduardo and RVP out I expect Adebayor to be playing every game nearly.

Wouldve picked Ronaldo as captain but I have a suspicion of Ferguson resting him against Fulham and only bringing him on against Fulham if hes in a bad sitaution

Unlikely seeing as he only played 66 mins against newcastle and was rested in the FA cup against Arsenal.

You just got burned last week for not making Ronaldo captain. Learn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Chelsea have a couple of relatively easy weeks coming up and then a double in GW30. Derby in GW29. I think I'll be bringing in Nicolas for Benjani and use up my spare cash

I think from now on in, whoever is playing Derby, I'll be bringing in the in form player on teh opposing team that week with my free transfer

SetantaL wrote: »
    Unlikely seeing as he only played 66 mins against newcastle and was rested in the FA cup against Arsenal.

You just got burned last week for not making Ronaldo captain. Learn.

But they have the vital Champions League game against Lyon after the Fulham game. If it was a tough game, Ronaldo would play but since its a lower team I expect Ronaldo to be rested in prep for the Champions League unless hes really needed off the bench.

I'll bet you a Kitkat he plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,849 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ronaldo will play

Wildcard played this week, kept Ronaldo thats it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,849 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Gerrard for captain?

• Advertisement

I dunno whether to go with Ronaldo or Torres as captain this week.

Do people think would Lampard be worth getting in? I have some spare cash and was going to swap Ballack. I can get Lampard, Gerrard or Fabregas though (have made two transfers this week so it'd be after this gameweek). I dunno which would be best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Syke

Woohoo for top 10 placing.

I have Gerrard and Torres, but do I put them as captain over Ronaldo and then... which one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pigheads just played his wild card. Watch out losers, the Chicken Chokers are about to storm up that leaderboard. Adebayor, Rooney and Torres up front.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

For people who are thinking of putting Gerrard as captain I'd say hold off - I know there's the double game week but he was very poor by his standards against Boro and he isn't really in form at the moment. On the other hand if you have Torres I think you have to have him as captain as he's back in smashing form after his injury niggle and has the two games this week.
    I have both in my team and for me tis a no-brainer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,703 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

For people who are thinking of putting Gerrard as captain I'd say hold off - I know there's the double game week but he was very poor by his standards against Boro and he isn't really in form at the moment. On the other hand if you have Torres I think you have to have him as captain as he's back in smashing form after his injury niggle and has the two games this week.

When is the double game week?

Edit: just saw it was this week, so If I put a liverpool player in now will he qualify for both games?

I have Torres and Gerrard too...bought Gerrrard recently specifically with this gameweek in mind so I'm going with him as captain.
    Thing is, as you say he didn't play well against 'boro but still got 2 bonus points! Players like himself and Lampard are always getting bonus pts no matter how they play ...I expect him to get a goal in one of the games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Boggles wrote: »
    When is the double game week?

Edit: just saw it was this week, so If I put a liverpool player in now will he qualify for both games?

yup will indeed!

I have Gerrard, Carra and Noble for the double games. Thinking of actually going with Carra as captain as he'll prob get a bonus point or 2, and has a great chance of 2 clean sheets in those 2 matches which gives a min of 12 points to be doubled.

At the same time though, Ronaldo as captain V Fulham is tempting..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Not sure what to do with my backline this week. Ive upson and anton ferdinand for west ham playing twice this week...but them two games are against chelsea and liverpool. Cant see them keeping clean sheets...other option is campbell who is playing everton away and laursen whos away to arsenal.Got carragher in though so hopefully he'l keep two clean sheets....

Then its either ronaldo or torres for captain....

SetantaL wrote: »
    I'll bet you a Kitkat he plays.
    Sure :rolleyes: Ill still keep him in the team but i dont want to risk losing the captains bonus on someone who very likely wont play. Even if he does start I expect Man U will be comfy by halftime and he'll be taken off after 60 mins. He could still score (he is Ronaldo after all) but with Torres playing at least 1 out of the 2 games(probably bothconsidering the fourth place scrap) he seems a much better bet.

I can't see Liverpool keeping two clean sheets. I've brought in Skrtel. Hoping he plays in both games.

• Advertisement
Advertisement