Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Pighead wrote: »
    Pigheads just played his wild card. Watch out losers, the Chicken Chokers are about to storm up that leaderboard. Adebayor, Rooney and Torres up front.:cool:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

bring it on......!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

bring it on......!!!!!!!!
    Oh its on already girlfriend. There ain't no need to bring it anywhere. Its been brought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Oh its on already girlfriend. There ain't no need to bring it anywhere. Its been brought.

Remember the time we had a wager during the world cup Pighead :D

Lemlin wrote: »
    Remember the time we had a wager during the world cup Pighead :D
    Sure do Lemlin. Had to start a thread calling the mods spanners if I recall correctly.

You remain the only man to have ever beaten Pighead in a bet(or anything else actually). You should be proud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

You remain the only man to have ever beaten Pighead in a bet(or anything else actually). You should be proud.

How's the fantasy cup going? :D

How's the fantasy cup going? :D
    Sent out the reserves for that sham of a competition. Pighead cares not for fantasy Cups. Its all about the league baby.:cool:

Sent out the reserves for that sham of a competition. Pighead cares not for fantasy Cups. Its all about the league baby.:cool:

Ah fair enough. :)

Is anyone bringing in a Liverpool player for the double gameweek? You really can't rely on any of them starting both games. I was thinking of getting Gerrard in, sacrificing Fabregas for the week, but I can see him being rested before the Inter game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

i'm kinda tempted by Torres too but when i had him last he wasn't doing nothing spectacular and then i signed Anelka who was 1.0 cheaper but he has only delivered 1 goal and 0 assists and the dull way Chelsea are playing, i'm not seeing an avalanche of goals or assists..... its a tough one!

i signed the git, he'll probably not score for the rest of the season now with my Fantasy Football curse :cool:

Is anyone bringing in a Liverpool player for the double gameweek? You really can't rely on any of them starting both games. I was thinking of getting Gerrard in, sacrificing Fabregas for the week, but I can see him being rested before the Inter game.

There's a full week before the Inter game though. And I think Benitez is realising there's a real battle for 4th now and he needs to start his best players (eg. Torres and Gerrard) pretty much every week.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    There's a full week before the Inter game though. And I think Benitez is realising there's a real battle for 4th now and he needs to start his best players (eg. Torres and Gerrard) pretty much every week.

Cheers for that, I got my wires crossed. I thought the second part of gameweek 28 was the weekend before the CL. Think I'll gamble on Gerrard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭enner43

I've given Gerrard the captaincy over Ronaldo. Hope it doesnt backfire now! Petrovs suspension is annoyin coz i had already planned my subs but hes missin 3 games so have to do somethin. Ive got 7.6 in the bank. was thinkin of hleb but they're playin villa this wk so other choices are downing or maybe noble. Any suggestions?

At the moment just Torres, but I've brought players in before for double gameweeks and they didn't work out.

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    At the moment just Torres, but I've brought players in before for double gameweeks and they didn't work out.

Me too, but sometimes it's a master-stroke. This time last year Liverpool were in the exact same position (ie had two games) and I got Gerrard in, who got nearly 40 points.

I have to take a hit to get Petrov out as well. I'd like Cahill, but that'd give me 2 Pompey and 2 Everton players, which would mean having 4 players in one game this weekend. I'm really not fond of those situations. I'm thinking of bringing in Jenas; Spurs should be fairly upbeat after the Carling Cup win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Is everyone going to sell petrov? Its a massive loss for three games.. He is only worth 7.2 to me and then to buy him back after suspension will cost 7.8 so not sure..

Who would you buy for 7.2 to replace him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

Hleb is only 7.2. A spurs player, maybe Malbranque? They have an easy run in, still to play B'Ham, Newcastle, Boro, Wigan, Bolton, Reading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

shepthedog wrote: »
    Is everyone going to sell petrov? Its a massive loss for three games.. He is only worth 7.2 to me and then to buy him back after suspension will cost 7.8 so not sure..

Who would you buy for 7.2 to replace him?

Only 7.7 to buy him back now! I'd imagine he'll drop to about 7.5 as people ship him out over the next week or 2.

Finally made the decision!

Fabregas out > Gerrard in
    Petrov out > Jenas in

Gave Gerrard the captaincy as well. My cup opponent has a pretty similar team, with Ronaldo captain, hope the gamble pays off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Thing Jegielka and Cahill for Everton, Sagna and Petrov out? Too many everton players as I also have Howard in goal? But Evertons form has been excellent and they are a very easy run coming up for three games..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

After deliberation I have decided to retain Ronaldo as captain. he knocked two past Fulham in their last encounter and his form is terriffic. Added to that Gerrard has not scored in the premership since Christmas. I honestly fancy Ronaldo to score more points in one game against than Gerrard does in two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I can't decide between Ronaldo or Torres. As you've said, Ronaldo has put 2 past Fulham already, but Torres has put 1 past Bolton the last time they met and pool have a double week. Argghh! Can't make my mind up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

You'd def fancy Torres to score at least two but then again Ronald will get 5 points for a goal as against Torres's 4. Plus Ronaldo is more likely to pick up assists. That's just my two cents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ronny to remain captain for me I think. Even if he only comes on for a half hour he'll still bang in a goal or two.

Have Green, Upson and Noble all in for a double gameweek. Think they have the potential to do something against both Chelsea and 'pool.

Still have a transfer to use so might get in a 'pool midfielder just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Really don't know if I will put Gerrard as captain.

just brought in Torres for Adebayor. Was thinking about Gerrard for Fabregas but not worth the 4pts. Gonna go for Torres as capt over Ronaldo this week as you always get a 2nd bite of the cherry with a player like Torres and the game is at Anfield so I would fancy him to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Problem is Ronaldo might not start due to CL football :/

PHB wrote: »
    Problem is Ronaldo might not start due to CL football :/

Yeah there is a risk alright but if he comes on he'll score!

I've made no transfers this week as all my squad are available so just a little reshuffle has me set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,703 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

So, 40 minutes left, Ronaldo or Gerrard as captain?, come on people!!

Skrtel doesn't seem to be listed in the Pool squad on BBC. Is he injured or what's up?

Boggles wrote: »
    So, 40 minutes left, Ronaldo or Gerrard as captain?, come on people!!

I got cold feet and gave it back to Ronaldo in the end :o

Ronaldo is on the bench, as is Rooney. Now, two hat tricks for Torres and my private League might look very different.....(or not)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Vidic out aswell !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Taking the captaincy off Tevez and giving it back to Ronaldo is going to bite me in the ass now! :( Plus Vidic out is a blow too because none of my bench are starting today; Dempsey, Petrov and Mcshane. Need my starting 10 to have blinders or its going to be a very bad gameweek!

Argh I wish I left it with Gerrard. I'm gonna have a bad gameweek.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Bloody Lampard sent-off!!!:mad: They're 3-0 up , whats he friggin layin into players for!!!

Late assist from Adebayor thank Christ to save some face. Ruined the clean sheet for all those with Laursen too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

22 points with only James and Lescott to play, could really have done with that clean sheet for Laursen! :(

It's not down as an assist for Adebayor, did he get it?

Having a bit of a 'mare, but the last two minutes may have saved me! Bentley assist and a Jenas goal, while my Cup opponent lost a clean sheet for Wheater :D

Still not looking great though, Distin and Lescott have to out-score Torres and Diarra tomorrow.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Late assist from Adebayor thank Christ to save some face. Ruined the clean sheet for all those with Laursen too.

They havent credited him with it for some reason. Delighted with it though as I left Laursen on the bench (in favour of McCartney...least he gets a second chance midweek)

Well BBC said he knocked it down for Bendtner so it better be. Assist for bentley you say? Lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

32 with 3 to play, was pretty annoyed till i checked the scores of my rivals in my league, 5 out of 6 are under 20 (:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Only 12 points so far. On the other hand I still have Howard, Lescott,Cahill,Torres (c) and Benjani to play. Never thought Id say this but cmon Torres! I need joy for both sides of Liverpool city to enjoy this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Mikael Forssell I could kiss you. Made up for Ronaldo not starting and Vidic not playing. Hopefully Torres scores in both matches now to get a nice Captains payload. Currently 26 with Ireland, James, Lescott and Torres to play. Bramble will probably be drafted in instead of Vidic so here's hoping for Stevie Ireland to score a few or else a Wigan clean sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

SetantaL wrote: »
    I'll bet you a Kitkat he plays.

Youve won the kitkat but lost the points.

The assist still hasn't been credited to Adebayor yet but just saw the goal there and there's no doubt.

can't believe I have Forsel on the bench. at least I went with Torres as capt. All my rivals in my league have Ron as capt so if torres does well, I'm in luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Terrible terrible week for me..... I didn't bother changing anything, meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

whoot, 10 points from Joe Hart turn an ok week into a good one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,703 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Thank Christ I made Gerrard Captain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

20 Points with five players to play, thankfully transfered out Adebayor for Torres. So have James,Lescott,Diarra, Gerrard as captain, thank God instead of Ronaldo and Torres. Low scoring week for many people.

25pts so far this week, but my 3 subs have scored 26 between them (17 from Forrsell alone)....unbelieveable

• Advertisement
Advertisement