Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

No assist for Gerrard today...WTF:confused:
    ...last attacking player to touch the ball for own goals always gets the assist.

...He took the shot for Jaaskelainen o.g.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I meant to put I have Dunne and Forsell on the bench, had planned on bringing dunne in for Bouma and making Gerrard captain instead of Adebayor but slept in yesterday morning :( At least ade got the assist but Gerrard has a fair few more points to rack up this week id say, and really should get the assist from jussi's fck up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

There is no assist from own goals though. Its always been that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yeh, its only an assist for an own goal, if it was a pass that the defending player diverted. Whereas, the difference here is Gerrard had a shot on goal.

Bit mad i think. Oh well :/

EDIT: Actually, the 3rd paragraph of the official Assists rule contradicts what i've just said. Now im confusted :(

Lemlin wrote: »
    There is no assist from own goals though. Its always been that way.

Not true.

There were assists given for both the Davies and Senderos og's yesterday - O'Shea and Agbonlahor respectively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

He has been given 2 bonus points and the assist now-nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

JæKæ wrote: »
    He has been given 2 bonus points and the assist now-nice
    Strange, I saw that on mine as well but when I refreshed my page he was back on 2 points.
    ~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I meant to put I have Dunne and Forsell on the bench, had planned on bringing dunne in for Bouma and making Gerrard captain instead of Adebayor but slept in yesterday morning :(

Yep, sleeping in cost me big as well. I gave the captaincy to Ronaldo because my cup opponent had the same, but when I woke up at 1 on saturday and checked he had bought Torres and given it to him. Need a miracle to get through at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I won my KitKat but lost my break.

When I heard Ronaldo, my captain wasn't playing. I was not happy. Then my first sub Forsell scored a hat trick. I was happy. Then that bastard scotman brought Ronaldo on in a game they were already 3-0 up and I lost my beautiful automatic substitution 17 points. I was not happy.

Luckily Ballck in for Petrov saved me. I still have Noble, gerrard and green to play so at 40 points, judging by the ****e all around this week, I'll take it. It could all have been so different though. Sigh,

Man U and Bolton out for GW 29.

Chelsea, Man U, Bolton and Tot all have double games in GW 30. Tasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ooh, looks like GW30 could be make or break for a lot of people, me included!

• Advertisement

Wow, GW30 is gonna be some high-scoring week! (That said, 29 won't be so great)

This week didn't do as much damage as I thought. Out of the cup, but didn't move down in the league, still 14th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Dempsey Out Pienaar In
    aha Stevie P the 4.5 assist machine is sitting there with his 7 points waiting to replace Vidic as my automatic substitute :cool:

even if Torres and Upson didn't play this week i'll be on 40 points so this week could have been alot worse after the usual Ronaldo/Captaincy disaster that i saw coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

SetantaL wrote: »
    Man U and Bolton out for GW 29.

Chelsea, Man U, Bolton and Tot all have double games in GW 30. Tasty.

and Chelsea have Derby at home GW29...time to bring in a few Chavs

Lampard's ban has been recinded

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/mhojkfgbcwql/

I have Ballack in my team and frankly was delighted to see him banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Lampard's ban has been recinded

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/mhojkfgbcwql/

I have Ballack in my team and frankly was delighted to see him banned.
    ****e.

I had sold Ronnie for him but had forgotten about his red card so sold him for Stevie then and lost the 4 points. Arse.

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    and Chelsea have Derby at home GW29...time to bring in a few Chavs

Yep, but which ones? I think I'll wait until the last possible minute to see some team news, I can see players being rested.

Yep, but which ones? I think I'll wait until the last possible minute to see some team news, I can see players being rested.

Anelka and I think Joe Cole. John Terry now he is back is also in contention.

Man United are playing Derby and Bolton. I can see them resting alot of players. Chelsea have Derby, then Sunderland and then Spurs so I can see them resting alot of players during that time too. Its very hard to call.

I was going to bring in Van Der Saar but I can see him being rested in a couple of those games. Might bring in a Chelsea defender but haven't the cash for Terry and who else is guaranteed to start?

Think I'm going to bring in Joe Cole this weekend. Although ya could see him rested then but have to take the chance.

Man U are throu to 1/4 finals of CL so they will want to make sure they take full advantage of these next few games to overtake Arsenal. I can see them resting players like Ronnie only when they are 2/3 up.
    VDS will prob get rested and maybe Rooney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Is Alex for chelsea now on the bench the whole time now or what , need a chelsea defender is he in the 1st four?

come on Torres, stick another one in and then hopefully Noble scores an injury time consolation penalty

james123 wrote: »
    Is Alex for chelsea now on the bench the whole time now or what , need a chelsea defender is he in the 1st four?

He's a sub now. Carvalho and Terry are first choice central with Belletti or Ferrara on the right and Cole on the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

oh, how bloody beautiful.... buddy was taking the piss out of me all day today about been ahead for the week.
    I, with full confidence, told him that he won't be laughing so hard when Torres (my captain) scores a hat trick and Liverpool keep a clean sheet (reina and carragher)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Gerrard as captain and Torres, I love these double gameweeks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Gerrard as captain and Torres, I love these double gameweeks :)

Other way round for me for maximum points. 85 this week mostly from Gerrard and captain Torres

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

The 4pt hit I took to get captain Torres in really paid off! Back in the top 10 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

back in the top 22...AND having joined 2 weeks late. If only id joined in the first week :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Who the f*ck loses 4-0 in consecutive games? That's right, a team with three of my players in it. Bloody typical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Arggghh! Going mad I didn't make Torres captain this week, went for Ronaldo instead. At least Liverpool are playing Newcastle on Saturday so it's a chance for Torres to bag a few more.

Was also gonna put Gallas on the bench for Nosworthy but decided against it because Arsenal were at home. A measly 40 points this week. My 2 West Ham players were useless too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,849 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

94 points get in there! and 0 each for my three defenders!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,703 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

My lead is being eroded, If I didn't go over to the dark side and sign Gerrard and make him captain, I'd be in big trouble.

What do people reckon for Lampard instead of Gerrard?

Newcastle are prob worse than Derby at the moment, but Chelsea have a double week next week.

I'd personally swap Gerrard for lampard. The next three games a chelsea player has all the advantages. However I did advocte making Ronaldo captain last week so what do I know. Gone from 8th to 10th but Ballack is going to have a big weekend for Daddy. I can feel it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

after stupidly leaving the captaincy on Ronaldo when Torres had a double gameweek i'm planning to put it on Torres for this week for some Newcastle drubbing action but....

will he be rested or benched with the Inter game midweek? *thinks deeply* :confused: these decisions are make and break in this game and i get them wrong all the time so i need advice! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I'd personally swap Gerrard for lampard. The next three games a chelsea player has all the advantages. However I did advocte making Ronaldo captain last week so what do I know. Gone from 8th to 10th but Ballack is going to have a big weekend for Daddy. I can feel it.

I hope that Kit Kat was worth it. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭enner43

after stupidly leaving the captaincy on Ronaldo when Torres had a double gameweek i'm planning to put it on Torres for this week for some Newcastle drubbing action but....

will he be rested or benched with the Inter game midweek? *thinks deeply* :confused: these decisions are make and break in this game and i get them wrong all the time so i need advice! :)

Im wondering the same about Gerrard myself. Ya just never know what team Benitez is going to play! They have Inter on Wed but they're under a bit of pressure for that 4th place. not sure what im going to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Was Pieener injured or was he just not picked to start the 5/6 games before the last 2 that he played, is he worth buying as a cheap 1st team player?

Its hard to know who to buy for the double game wk30, seen as Man u and Chelsea both play either Derby or Sunderland in that week, players will be rested and any one you bring in form either Man u or chelses will probably only paly 1 of the 2 games if lucky.

Might be best getting in Tottenham players instead,,,, i might add Robbie keane to Lennon. Hmmm, im gonna make about 5 transfers over the next 2game wks, make or break time. haha. :)

Nuttzy wrote: »
    Was Pieener injured or was he just not picked to start the 5/6 games before the last 2 that he played, is he worth buying as a cheap 1st team player?

He was off at the African Cup of Nations. Well worth a place in the squad at the price he is.

I don't think even the most hardened Liverpool fan could tell you what team is gonna play! I'm wondering the same with Gerrard. But with Ronaldo not playing I'm going to leave him.

Edit: Actually anyone with Fabregas or Anelka might be able to help me out here. What are their saleable values?

Because with United not playing I want to take the 4-point hit and sell Ronaldo and Tevez for Fabregas and Anelka. The only thing is, I'm worried about not being able to afford to bring them back.

Ronaldo sells for 12.9 but I'd have to buy him back for 13.5
    Tevez sells for 8.9 but I'd have to buy him back for 9.2

Now, if I sold them for Fab and Anelka it'd leave me with 3.1 in the bank. But, I can't see what Fab and Anelka would sell for unless I confirm transfers. I'm worried that it wouldn't add back up.

Well, I have Fabergas and he`ll be selling for 1.3 and currently costs 1.4, if that helps you. He hasnt done anything lately, im getting rid of him. Anelka doesnt do much either. Can you afford Drogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Fukk!!!!

Made 3 changes this morning to bring in Lampard as capt and now...

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/NewsHomePage/0,,10268~1103577,00.html

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    Fukk!!!!

Ballack in then

As for Gerrard, he will play every game from now until end of season. If he was going to be rested Rafa would have taken him off with Torres the other night when they were 3 up instead of risking him for the last 10 mins

KevIRL wrote: »
    Fukk!!!!

Lampard ain't out:D

That link you provided is injury update from weeks back I presume, because that's what kept him out for his last injury!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Nunu wrote: »
    Lampard ain't out:D

That link you provided is injury update from weeks back I presume, because that's what kept him out for his last injury!

Oh Nunu.

Nice way to ruin a ruse.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yeh, no worries, nothing in the news about any Lampard injury.
    Cech is out tho!

EDIT: Devious!

Upson injured for west ham. had to take a 4 point hit to transfer him out damn all. Arsenal best be keeping a clean sheet now to offset the cost.

Is Upson out or just doubtful? Might get rid of him and Cesc to get some Chelski players in for that juicy double gameweek comin up.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

103 points this week :D:D
    Cudicini is a cheap option now Czech is out and the double game week comin up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Terrible couple of gameweeks. Brought in Lampard and Ballack to hopefully put me back on track! :) Now to decide wheter to give the captaincy to either of them or Yakubu, decisions decisons!

How long is Cech likely to be out?
    Will Cudini get to play the double game week i wonder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

enner43 wrote: »
    Im wondering the same about Gerrard myself. Ya just never know what team Benitez is going to play!

When does he ever rest Gerrard?
    Goin for a Chelsea captain meself, but can't decide between the sure-fire clean sheet of Carvalho, or the lot of potential points for Micheall Ballack

Advertisement