Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Nuttzy wrote: »
    How long is Cech likely to be out?
    Will Cudini get to play the double game week i wonder.

7 days. Cech could be back for Gameweek 30 and might feature in at least one of the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Wondering who will start up front for Chelsea, Anelka or Drogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Two transfers made - Carvalho and Ballack for Upson and Fabregas.

Bearing in mind all these double weeks coming up I now have 3 United players and 2 from Chelsea so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Ballack & JCole for Barry & Fabregas

Lining my team up nicely for the double gameweek. Ronaldo Ferdinand Ballack & Cole. I think Chelsea could put 5 or 6 past Derby today.

Not usre though who to put as captain for today.

Choice between Torres or Ballack.....??????? :confused::confused:

Also, which keeper for this week...Gordon or James? Thinking of going with James

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Argh I need some big performances. I ended up swapping Ronny and Tevez for Fab and Anelka (who I made captain) but Upson is doubtful and Jenas is almost definitely out. There was no way I was going to sacrifice 8 points, so I have to hope the others do the job. Unfortunately my subs are crap.

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    Fukk!!!!

Made 3 changes this morning to bring in Lampard as capt and now...

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/NewsHomePage/0,,10268~1103577,00.html

Is he actually injured? He's not playing in the FA cup today (apparently due to injury)?

Two transfers made, Ronaldo out Lampard in and Captain, will buy Ronaldo back in a couplke of weeks.,

Torres out and Anelka in, might regret that one.

As a matter of interest, how many transfers have people made so far this season. I am currently on 49 transfers.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, how many transfers have people made so far this season. I am currently on 49 transfers.

77, but managed to make my team worth 112.4 million in doing so.

33 for me

Man I wish I made Gerrard captain. I was worried he'd be rested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

after stupidly leaving the captaincy on Ronaldo when Torres had a double gameweek i'm planning to put it on Torres for this week for some Newcastle drubbing action but....

will he be rested or benched with the Inter game midweek? *thinks deeply* :confused: these decisions are make and break in this game and i get them wrong all the time so i need advice! :)

i took the captaincy off Torres :(:(:(

NOT :) (thank christ i made a good decision in this game for once!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭BobbyD10

Have most people used their wildcard and if not when is the right time to play it.
    Utd and Chelsea play twice soon so maybr then...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

There is no 'right' time but if you still have it then these doubleweeks may be a good chance to rake in some points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I used mine just before Christmas and it paid off. Although next year I'll use it earlier if needs be. I tried to hold onto it for too long and tried to change my team by a couple of players each week which was pointless because I was dropping too many points in transfers and by the time I had gotten around to buying "in form" players they had already gone off the boil form wise.

I think it's best to use it earlier on so that you can buy in players like Elano or Petrov etc. while they don't cost too much and are in top form. If you wait too late you can miss out and just end up spending too much time trying to overhaul your team.

Anyway, 25 points so far this week. Torres (c) and Hunt, rest of the team still to play. Bought in A Cole and Makele for the Derby match and the upcoming double week, hopefully Chelsea will have a point to prove after today's match and put a hatful past Derby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,703 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Someone please tell me Lampard will be playing Wednesday, lie to me if you have to.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    33 for me

Fair dues lads...I made 48 and I thought I was conservative this year

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

24 transfers altogether for me. Having a foul run in recent weeks though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

35 transfers - wildcard used

28 points sacrificed - better than I thought esp considering 12 points of these were in the first two weeks when i realised i'd bought some duds

Re Wildcard used it after Christmas

Changes I made were

31 Jan 16:33 Keane (9.2) Van Persie (8.7) 25
    31 Jan 16:33 N'Zogbia (4.9) Huddlestone (4.5) 25
    31 Jan 16:33 Pamarot (4.3) Shorey (4.8) 25
    31 Jan 16:33 Mellberg (5.0) Skrtel (6.0) 25
    31 Jan 16:33 James (5.1) Cerny (3.9) 25

Some reasoning but these - thought Cerny would be a good cheap starter after Ramos dropped Robinson and that the Spurs defence in front of him would get him clean sheets

Huddlestone - he's my midfield sub - usually play 4-4-3 reckoned he would improve on Ramos's diet and has a shot on him

Mellberg - reckoned Villa would have trouble with their small squad in the 2nd half of the season and this would lead to goals against

Shorey - thought he would pick up assists

Skrtel - Pool fan a hopeful punt really

Van Persie - thought he'd be fit and bangin in goals -
    I have bought Van Persie in five times and sold him five times - AGHHHHH !!! :eek::eek::eek::eek: laff I almost cried

Lampard will be playing Wednesday

:D I have no idea - none - not a one Sorry Boggles

On a completely unrelated and selfish note why did Torres only get one bonus point yesterday and how exactly did Alonso get two ahead of him?

I had Torres, Gerrard and Arbeloa - with Torres as captain. I'm a Pool fan.

I watched the match and thought it would be a tight call between Gerrard or Torres for three and two with Arbeloa possiblly on the one
    Thought there was a big gap between Gerrard and Torres in terms of performance and all the old Pool players - Can't see what Alonso did to get a point - had a good first five mins but after that was quiet. Thought Arbeloa defended well [for what little there was to do] and got forward very well in support and helping clean up the odd loose ball.

So just the 12 goals conceded by West Ham in their last three games. What a sham.

• Advertisement

Gerrard and Lescott have salvaged this week for me, although it's still been fairly weak. 32 points, with James, Distin and Anelka(c) to play. Damn FA Cup.

I hope Lampard plays on Wednesday as have him as captain, also have, James, Laursen,Diarra and Anelka. 31 Points at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,849 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

37 transfers with 1580 points. Not so bad I suppose. Dont think this counts my wildcard transfers though.
    OPENROAD wrote: »
    I hope Lampard plays on Wednesday as have him as captain, also have, James, Laursen,Diarra and Anelka. 31 Points at the moment.

Me too. Lamps as captain with Joey Cole, Belletti (all are really dodgy enough as Grant mightent play them!) along with Hreidarsson and Bouma to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

26 Transsfers. Wildcard used in week three. Ballack (c) , Forsell, Laursen and Muamba to play. On 39 for the week.

Stevie G is turning the corner it seems. Still in the boards top ten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

44 transfers.

62 points this week with Carvalho & Laursen to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

I've made 42 transfers.

my god, i'm having a horrible weak. Chelsea better devour Derby with Anelka getting a hat trick... it's my only hope. (oh and lampard needs to go off injured in the first minute :D)

Lampard starts for Chelsea tonight, phew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

And Ballack too \o/

Hattrick for him + cupla assist would be nice.

Lamps + Ballack vs Derby ...they can't not score, can they ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

ffs frank, why did you have to come back for derby, ballack as capt isnt doing as well as i envisaged. how the **** do they score?

• Advertisement

FFS how did Ballack not get involved in a single goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

good man frank:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Awww, Fwank nicked all of Ballacks goals :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Just the 44 points for Frank, not even including bonus. He's gonna hit 50 for me as captain. That must be the record?

Good week, 91 points, the decision to bring Lampard in and make him captain pays off :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Weeee 98 points, gwan Frank and Defoe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Really deliberated before selling Ronaldo and bringing in Lampard, but my God it paid off:D....slightly tempered though by having Gerrard as captain instead.

Made my transfers for this week - Hutton for McShane, Carrick for Cahill and have to say my team is looking excellent for the run in -

Howard

Clichy Carvalho Ferdinand Hutton

Gerrard Lampard Carrick

Yakubu Torres Carew
    (bringing in RVP next week hopefully)

Subs: Cerny(damn you Robinson, why did you have to get back in!), Nosworthy, Mullins, Robert:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

First time I've put serious thought into my team for a while. This is what I'm left with;

James
    Brown Laursen Ashley Cole
    Ronaldo Lampard Fabregas Flamini Piennar
    Adebayor Tevez

I'm going gung ho this week with Chelsea and United -

Green
    Dunne Carvalho Vidic Lescott
    Ronaldo Ballack Bentley Johnson
    Tevez Adebayor

One transfer going to made this weekend I think to get my third Chelsea player in. If Cech doesn't recover it'll be Cudicini I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Fupping Boro costing me multiple clean sheets again!

Still, 66 pts ain't bad considering no Chelsea players and Ronaldo + Tevez confined to the bench.

Down to 8th but ground gained on top spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

99 points :D

Bringing in Lampard as capt, and Huddlestone were inspired transfer decisions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

jimbling wrote: »
    I've made 42 transfers.

my god, i'm having a horrible weak. Chelsea better devour Derby with Anelka getting a hat trick... it's my only hope. (oh and lampard needs to go off injured in the first minute :D)

well.... that worked out exactly like I wanted :rolleyes:

jeez, what an crap weak. 43 points. the guy in second in my mini-league got 105 ffs. I'm still just out in front, but next week's gonna have to be a big one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,849 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

112 GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Franky
    Joey Cole
    Hutton
    Torres
    Gerrard

Ronnie and Carlos to return for next week... looking good!

Ok need some thoughts on captaincy issue for this week - this one is doing my head in at the moment

Also in the mix Gerrard, Huddlestone

Torres - on fire, been my captain for the last few weeks and rewarded me well - playing Reading this week so in with a shout for some decent points- but only one game as opposed to the other options two games

Berbatov - bagging a nicer couple of goals lately - one last night and two the previous week - also double-game week - however games against Chelsea could well be tight as Chelsea look for revenge, against Man City Richards is def out and Dunne is doubtful - altough accoring to Richards "We are both in the treatment room at the moment and having a bit of banter but I don't think his [Dunne] injury is too bad - he has just got a bad cut. You know what the skipper is like, he will play through anything. " so could be playing against a dodgy Man City defence. But might be tired given the 120 mins played last night

Tevez - double game week away against Derby and home to Bolton - however I just don't feel he's been in the best of form lately - also worried he might be rested, which I don't think is going to happen to Torres or Berbatov

Aggghhh!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Chelsea play derby. Ballack my captain has nothing to do with 6 goals gets me a lousy 6 points. Anelka a forward playing in a game with 6 goals...gets me one assist. Ashley cole playing at home against derby in a match where there coasting...let in a goal and i loose the clean sheet....ahhh brutal 53 points in all.

Anyways what would people do for next week. Ive already 3 chelsea in but should i sell torres and buy tevez/berbabtov and buy wes brown? or buy hutton and hudlestone and keep torres?

Right! This is my final throw of the dice to top my league. Got rid of Fabregas and got in Lampard and made 2 other changes. Really need a big gameweek this week.

Howard
    Chimbonda
    A Cole
    Lescott
    Makelele
    Ronaldo (c)
    Lampard
    Huddlestone
    Flamini
    Tevez
    Torres

If that team doesn't make the 100 points this week I give up!

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Right! This is my final throw of the dice to top my league. Got rid of Fabregas and got in Lampard and made 2 other changes. Really need a big gameweek this week.

Howard
    Chimbonda
    A Cole
    Lescott
    Makelele
    Ronaldo (c)
    Lampard
    Huddlestone
    Flamini
    Tevez
    Torres

If that team doesn't make the 100 points this week I give up!

I'm going to mess with your mind now and tell you that Ronaldo will not play in the midweek game against Bolton because Utd play Liverpool the following weekend.

Nunu wrote: »
    I'm going to mess with your mind now and tell you that Ronaldo will not play in the midweek game against Bolton because Utd play Liverpool the following weekend.
    :p Oh I know that's a possibility alright but I can't decide who to go with for captain. But Ronaldo "should" play against Derby and "should" get a few and he might "possibly" play some of the Bolton game and might "possibly" get a goal or two.

But then again there's Torres, Lampard or Tevez to consider too. Argghh!!! Fook it! I'll stick with Ronaldo!

Having a similiar problem myself:o.

I currently have Ferdinand, but if he doesn't keep 2 clean sheets it'll back fire.

Carrick might seem like an odd choice, but i'm positive he'll start both games and he is in great form, could see him getting a goal and a couple of assists and bonus pts.

Common sense though says I should go with Lampard, who also plays twice. I opted for Gerrard last week ahead of him and thought good choice, then Lamps scores 4!

I'll make a final decision tomorrow.

I'm going to bring in Huddlestone & Kalou

Then I'll have Cole, Ballack, kalou, ferdinand, Ronaldo & hudd for double week.

Gonna go with Ron for capt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

just realised tonight that Kalou has done something (assist or goak) in 12 of his 16 PL starts this year..pretty good going! Since his massive absense from the team, in his only 2 games he's set up 2 and scored 1. Worth a punt at 7.8 for the double week this week imo. Change to defoe maybe then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement