Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ok 12 goals conceded in 3 games means Rob Green gets the bullet and in comes Cudicini with Cech still out. Means I have three Chelsea and three United. Dunne faces a late fitness test so I have Shorey as first sub in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ok 12 goals conceded in 3 games means Rob Green gets the bullet and in comes Cudicini with Cech still out. Means I have three Chelsea and three United.

Ditto. Green really has gone to the dogs (knowing my luck he'll save 2 penaltys today). Also have 2 spurs as well as the other 6 playing twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

just heard Drogba could start today with Anelka so I'm not bringing in Kalou as he might only play against spurs and they are solid enough at the back...can't see too many goals in that one

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    just heard Drogba could start today with Anelka so I'm not bringing in Kalou as he might only play against spurs and they are solid enough at the back...can't see too many goals in that one

so much for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Well, not too bad a start without a football being kicked. I risked Ronaldo as captain even though I thought he could be rested, delighted he's starting. I was smug then thinking I'd done brilliantly swapping back Anelka for Tevez, because Anelka isn't even in the Chelsea squad. But turns out Tevez isn't in the United squad either :(

Ronaldo starts. Phew.

And no Tevez at all? WTF?

An assist for Rob Green. F*cking typical.

An assist for Rob Green. F*cking typical.

No he didnt. He still leaked one though.

{QUOTE]1539: GOAL West Ham 1-1 Blackburn
    A long kick from Robert Green finds its way to Dean Ashton who flicks the ball around his marker before side-footing his shot into the left-hand corner of Brad Friedel's goal.[/QUOTE]

I took that to mean an assist.

No Tevez or Carvalho today. Poxy rotations.

• Advertisement

{QUOTE]1539: GOAL West Ham 1-1 Blackburn
    A long kick from Robert Green finds its way to Dean Ashton who flicks the ball around his marker before side-footing his shot into the left-hand corner of Brad Friedel's goal.QUOTE]

I took that to mean an assist.

No Tevez or Carvalho today. Poxy rotations.

Came off Bobby Zamora's head though

Ah fair enough. Glad he didn't get one anyway!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Fergie for the chop...:mad:

No Tevez or Ferdinand today which is rediculous. And I actially dropped both my Villa defenders today and went with Ferdinand, A. Cole and Lescott in a 3-man defense. Well looks like I'll be stuck with one of them as a sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Was Tevez just rested today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

44 points with 6 to play, thank you Ron :)

made a boo boo not signing Foster because i somehow thought Derby might actually get goals against United today, had already signed Scharner and Frankie Lampard this week so i wasnt chancing dropping another 4 points, would have gained 4 points instead. Joe Hart better now keep a clean sheet, create 2 assists and score a hat trick

I would thank Ron but it's no use to me really as the top ten or twelve in my league have him anyway so it counts for f*ck all.

40 points is ok considering Carvalho and Tevez didn't play and I have Dunne, Johnson and Lescott plus the others 6 again midweek to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I made Ferdinand captain expecting 2 clean sheets:(
    It came down to him or Lampard and I fully expected Rio to play twice.

...I sold Ronaldo last week at huge profit(can't get him back) to improve my team overall, evryone else has him so if he continues his goal scoring to the end of the season it'll be a huge mistake on my part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

57 points

Hart still to play
    Hutton & Huddlestone two games
    and Ronnie, Brown, Lamps and Joe Cole still to play there second game

happy enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

50 points with 4 more to play, if Everton have a good game against Fulham could be a good gameweek for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

CURSES! Belletti, Dempsey and Tevez in the team, those two better play mid-week.

Does anyone know why Belletti hasn't played the last 2 games?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Fergie for the chop...:mad:

No Tevez or Ferdinand today which is rediculous. And I actially dropped both my Villa defenders today and went with Ferdinand, A. Cole and Lescott in a 3-man defense. Well looks like I'll be stuck with one of them as a sub.

and now Huddlestone on the bench...so very frustrating.

I have 7 playing again this week (A. Cole, J. Cole, Ballack, Ronaldo, Tevez, Ferdinand and Huddlestone). After Fergies antics and Evertons brainfart today, I'm left on a miserable 44 so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

With Cahill a doubt and the big 4 playing each other I've taken a risk, brought in Downing and made him captain. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭BobbyD10

I'd say the next few weeks should be interesting for the fantasy league.

Granted I suspect all four teams to play full strength this weekend ahead of grand slam sunday, however, with important champions league games on the horizon you may see some big names rested depending on the opposition of course, so all bodes well for good decision making.

Still wondering when to play my wild card tho, haven needed it so far so may not use it at all...ah but I will soon me thinks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Syke

54 points for me (so far).

Still in the top ten.

Thank god I didn't put Tevez as captain, although I suspect Tevez may play Weds and Ronaldo may be rested.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Will be interesting to see who Fergie plays against Bolton, I suspect he won't take any chances after the laboured effort at Derby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I really think that if Fergie was going to rest Ronaldo he would of rested him against Derby. I think he'll start tomorrow and may come off after 60 minutes or so, when United should be well in the lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Lemlin wrote: »
    I really think that if Fergie was going to rest Ronaldo he would of rested him against Derby. I think he'll start tomorrow and may come off after 60 minutes or so, when United should be well in the lead.

aye, hopefully with Captain Ron getting a few more goals!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Would be friggin great alright:D

Gridlock wrote: »
    Would be friggin great alright:D

I think had Arsenal won Ronaldo would have been a cert. I think he may be on the bench.

Bolton are the type of team that he might be afraid to do his skills against.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Had inspirational signing of James McFadden when i was trying to find a bit of money! Got me a goal last nite, im in mid to lower table obscurity but im enjoying getting one over on one of the lads who laughed at me when i told him my changes on sat nite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

This has got to be one of the biggest point scoring gameweeks ever.

• Advertisement

95, but not too excited because I suspect most people have Ronaldo and have hit a similar target!

117 this week. I nearly cracked up when I say Ballack, Huddlestone and Ferdinand not playing again! Luckily supersub Huddlestone (1), Joe Cole (2) and Ronaldo (2) put me right again.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    117 this week. I nearly cracked up when I say Ballack, Huddlestone and Ferdinand not playing again! Luckily supersub Huddlestone (1), Joe Cole (2) and Ronaldo (2) put me right again.

I had those 3 aswell and if they had all played both matches I would have probably got about 130+

At 111 at the moment with bonus points to be added

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Nunu wrote: »
    I'm going to mess with your mind now and tell you that Ronaldo will not play in the midweek game against Bolton because Utd play Liverpool the following weekend.
    Thank fook I didn't listen to you!!! :p:D

104 this week but it should've been soooo much more!!

123 for me

Lamps
    Torres
    Gerrard
    Huddlestone
    Joe Cole
    Ronaldo (c)

got me the points...slowly crawling up the table

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Thank fook I didn't listen to you!!! :p:D

104 this week but it should've been soooo much more!!

Oh man, I somehow contrived to get only 34 pts this week!!!

My once unassailable lead at the top of my private league has now been cut drastically with the 4 or 5 closest to me all getting around the 100 pt mark:(

I was top 10 in boards now I'm just scared to look!!

P.S. I made Ferdinand Captain(0 pts) and sold Ronaldo 2 weeks ago...can't get him back. I'm proper FOOKED:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

106 this week without "yer man" as captain.

An absolutely pitiful 86 for me. 0 points for Carvalho for the week. Disgraceful carry on.

99 points takes me to 5th but I can't help but think Chelsea let me down :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

why lord didn't I flog fabregas for joe cole, ah well, hind sight is 20-20.

Nunu wrote: »
    Oh man, I somehow contrived to get only 34 pts this week!!!

My once unassailable lead at the top of my private league has now been cut drastically with the 4 or 5 closest to me all getting around the 100 pt mark:(

I was top 10 in boards now I'm just scared to look!!

P.S. I made Ferdinand Captain(0 pts) and sold Ronaldo 2 weeks ago...can't get him back. I'm proper FOOKED:D
    34?!?!?! That's it, I'm putting you on block for this thread, you obviously shouldn't be giving advice!! :p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

A bad 82 points thanks to Ronaldo. Injuries and the like have hampered me from getting in the clutch of United/Chelski stars I was looking to get for the last few weeks but sure Ill live. I hope my Downing risk pays off this weekend. Boro at home to Derby, a possible walkover in the making with Boro still playing for survival and derby only showing up once in a blue moon. Still looking to break into the top 100 in the boards league. My aims for the season have been to finish in the top 100,000 overall, finish in the top 100 of the boards league and win one of my other private leagues. Im currently on track to complete 1, am about 5 points from 3 but a good 3 from 2. But I have faith. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

I think this week will be the opposite especially with the big four playing each other very little points on offer

interesting captain choices for this weekend? going for joey cole myself

james123 wrote: »
    I think this week will be the opposite especially with the big four playing each other very little points on offer
    Last week was only high scoring for a lot of people because of the Ronaldo and the double game week, but even then it was difficult to know who was gonna play the 2 games.

This week shouldn't be too high for the big 4 goals wise, but I'd imagine it will be for the defences. Can't see any the results being more than 0-0 draws or 1-0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

99 points, my best week yet but short of 1 f**king point to make 100 thanks to c**ting Fergie subbing Vidic with a clean sheet in the palm of his hands in 57th minute :mad: and not even an assist from Lampard when Chelsea score 4?? :mad:

Tim Cahill is looking dodgy again this week and i want to get rid of him but i have no idea who to replace him with.... Downing looks tempting this weekend with Derby coming up but it would be very risky.... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Why dont you pick a derby defender they seem on form!

Trilla wrote: »
    interesting captain choices for this weekend? going for joey cole myself

Had to go for Mr. Reliable (Ronaldo) and he didn't dissapoint. I almost put Lampard in my team about 5 times over the week but decided to stick with Joe Cole and Ballack who did superbly and woefully, respectively. The only other choice I really had to make was between Forsell and McFadden. Went for the scot and he bagged a nice goal.

The only problem is now I am left with a team with 3 Utd and 3 Chelsea going into Super Sunday. May get rid of Ballack and A. Cole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Horrible 46 points.

Rio didn't play either game; Carrick was subbed in the first one. Carvalho only played v Spurs and look what happened there.

Christ.

Weird gameweek. With my 95 I managed to somehow go down a few places to 27th; but still, closed the gap on the leader to 70ish. Still hope :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement