Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Had to go for Mr. Reliable (Ronaldo) and he didn't dissapoint..

I meant this weekend coming, Man Utd vs Pool wkend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Yeah this weeks captain choice is tough, I think I'll stick with Ronaldo just incase :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Trilla wrote: »
    I meant this weekend coming, Man Utd vs Pool wkend

I dont think I'll be choosing any player from Grand Slam Sunday. You can't say for certain that any of those players will have a great day. Last GSS, I scored about 30 points lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Really considering taking out Adebayor tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Invincible

Adebayor has lost a bit of form surely,whether he'll improve with Van persie back,there was low scores the last time these 4 teams played,cancelled each other out.

Has someone to be a member of boards.ie,to enter the boards.ie fantasy football league?,have a friend with a score of 1852.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

:confused:why is defoe ineligible against spurs? he's not on loan :confused:

evil_seed wrote: »
    :confused:why is defoe ineligible against spurs? he's not on loan :confused:

he was on loan, then they made a permanent deal at the end of the transfer window. Stupid I know, but that means Defoe was on loan from Tottenham during this season and therefore cant play against them this season. suckin ftupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭enner43

Smegball wrote: »
    Really considering taking out Adebayor tbh.

Was gonna do the same myself. Ever since he cut his hair he has been sh1te! Dont think im gonna give the captaincy to Ronaldo this wk. I just cant see him or any of the players from the top 4 doing too well so im takin a chance this week. Just signed yakubu so gonna give it to him. West Ham haven't been up too much lately and i fancy Everton to score a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Smegball wrote: »
    Yeah this weeks captain choice is tough, I think I'll stick with Ronaldo just incase :)
    Captain is going to be tough this week alright, think ill hand over the mantle to Berbatov, last time I did that he got scored 4 goals although he was playing Derby! :)

Just signed Arteta,easy game against west ham,so I'll make him captain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

I cant make take myself to take capt off ronnie.. he is just too too good..

Anyone know if Ferdinand is fit. I *think* United will keepa clean sheet and I want to include him.

Also, do people reckon Ballack will be sub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Brought Yakubu in for Adebayor. I'll reverse the change next week probably, just can't see Adebayor getting too much return at the Bridge. Also, Everton play Liverpool next week so it make sense to change back.

Well "Futureguy", Ferdinand meant to have back injury,or maybe it's just a story and Fergie is saving him,I don't have him anymore.
    I had Ballack,but changed him for Arteta as you can't be sure,Anelka is meant to be back for the game.
    "besty"Yakuba for Adeybor is a good move,if you had'nt bought Yakuba when he was 7.9M, and not have enough to get him back next week like some of us. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

"Ronaldo for captain...

no Lampard for captain...

no Ronaldo for captain...

no Lampard for captain....."

i've got 21 minutes to decide, absolutely agonizing decision! :D

Stick with Ronaldo "Jonny",more consistant!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Ballack & Benjani out for me. Downing & Keane in. Kean capt

I'm expecting goals at WH Lane today with Keane to get 2. Boro hopefully getting a few against Derby

i went with....

Frankie!

f**k it, as much as Ron has been a point scoring captaincy animal and i'm struggling to overtake to people coz f**king everyone has him as captain. its a brave risk that i just have to take but it could be the risk that makes a winner

oh the tension! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Took a bit of a gamble and dumped Flamini & Adebayor for Petrov & Yakubu who I made captain over Ronaldo & Lampard. This better pay off. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Didn't want to give the captaincy to any of the big players like Ronaldo, Torres, Lampard etc. cos they all play each other this week. So I took a gamble on Chimbonda because he's gotten an assist in all but one of his last 5 games. No assist but a clean sheet so I'm pretty happy with that, hopefully he'll pick up a couple of bonus points. Cue a Ronaldo hat trick tomorrow though! :rolleyes:

Giving captaincy to Berbatov paid off, got an assist and a clean sheet, might even get afew bonus points. Although Ronaldo will prob get a goal, an assist and a clean sheet tomorrow! I wouldnt be too disappointed if he did. ;)

Giving captaincy to Berbatov paid off, got an assist and a clean sheet, might even get afew bonus points. Although Ronaldo will prob get a goal, an assist and a clean sheet tomorrow! I wouldnt be too disappointed if he did. ;)
    Clean sheets have no bearing on a Forwards points tally, and I don't think it has a bearing on MFs either although last year it did affect MFs.

midfielders get an extra point for a clean sheet

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Clean sheets have no bearing on a Forwards points tally, and I don't think it has a bearing on MFs either although last year it did affect MFs.
    Yeah sorry my bad, forwards dont get a clean sheet bonus, midfielders do though.

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    midfielders get an extra point for a clean sheet
    Welllll, when I said don't I did of course mean did :o:pac:

It was different for the MFs last year though wasn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Welllll, when I said don't I did of course mean did :o:pac:

It was different for the MFs last year though wasn't it?

nope, they got a point for a clean sheet last year as well..

I think it was the same last year,will check though.

KevIRL wrote: »
    nope, they got a point for a clean sheet last year as well..
    You sure? Didn't they get a total of 4 points last year for the 90mins with a clean sheet etc.? Or it was the year before. This year they only get 3 for the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

36 with 4 to play. Santa Cruz and Bentley saved me.

Stupid Birmingham dropping McFadden after he playing wellin his previous 4.

7 played and a whopping 18 points. Brought in the Yak (6 pts) and Robbie Keane (2 pts) for Torres and Tevez-I don't think there will be many goals during Utd/Pool and these 2 give me about 3 million to play with next week. Everton and Villa both conceding late goals absolutely destroyed me as they made up 4 of my back 5. My love affair with Villa is officially over.

Have Joe Cole, Ronaldo, Ashley Cole to play tomorrow.

Ah...just as I hit send, I find the Yak and Huddlestone both got 3 bonus points...so 23 actually...whoop-de-doo :)

• Advertisement

40 points with Ronaldo, Vidic and Lampard to play. Lescott and Laurson not getting clean sheets was annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

49 points, this week I got rid of Tevez and Jones for Santa Cruz and Yakubu:) still have Cesc, Ronaldo(captain) and Gerrard to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Stupid Birmingham dropping McFadden after he playing wellin his previous 4.

McFadden was injured today so didnt play.

47 for me :):)

Yakubu as capt with Bentley and huddlestone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Thank f*ck for Dunney and Bentley. Solid performances from both. Have 6 players up today now. Once Liverpool concede a load I'll be happy.

clean sheet for a MF was also 1pt last year

How Lampard didnt get any assist points? Didnt he flick the ball to Drogba for their first goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

How Lampard didnt get any assist points? Didnt he flick the ball to Drogba for their first goal?

will be given to him later I imagine (hope)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,703 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Came off an Arsenal player last, think that nulls the assist.

Boggles wrote: »
    Came off an Arsenal player last, think that nulls the assist.

correct

45 points this week despite dropping Ronaldo as captain, could have been far worse. my other mistakes this week were 1) i missed out on a clean sheet for Gary Cahill as i messed up the order of my subs which is a pain the tits 2) signing Petrov instead of Bentley knowing Man City are sinking towards mid table mediocrity by May

i'll get it right in 2008/2009!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Another good week for me with 77 points,thanks to Ronaldo as captain, and bringing in Santa Cruz and Yakubu

• Advertisement

Joe cole has 5 yellows now,will he miss next game?,or is there a time limit on when the 1 game ban is imposed ?

Invincible wrote: »
    Joe cole has 5 yellows now,will he miss next game?,or is there a time limit on when the 1 game ban is imposed ?

That ended in February. But if he gets another 5 he'll still get a two-game ban I think.

Be interested in seeing, how many players have been in peoples' teams since day one?

My only survivors from gameweek 1 are David James, Lescott and Bentley.

In team news, Santa Cruz is a doubt for this weekend after being injured by Blackburn team-mate Aaron Mokoena during Paraguy's game against South Africa. :eek: Pity, he's been in good form. I've replaced him with Defoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

I've had James, Bentley and Fabregas in from the start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Why didnt Pieneer play for Everton last week, wasnt even on the bench, wasnt down as injured? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Did I hear somewhere that he has a virus?
    Tim Cahill looks to be out for the season so he may play more now

For a striker, I want to replace Tevez and maybe Adebayor as they aren't playing well lately
    Who would you pick, Defoe or Yakubu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Well Yakubu might be the better choice as he has more to play for, going for the 4th spot?
    Wheras Defoe is involved in the FA cup and could be rested at some stage, though i doubt it.
    Its hard to know though, they're both showing good form.

If you havnt got Berbatov/Keane could be worth swapping for either of them.

Might be worth keeping Tevez for this weekend as Villa have lost there way latley. Is Tevez likely to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Anyone know if Hreidsson will play for Pompey tomorrow? Says he's doubtful.

Wheras Defoe is involved in the FA cup and could be rested at some stage, though i doubt it.

cup tied???
    Invincible wrote: »

think some of them were whiped re "5 yellow ban" rule

• Advertisement

Well Yakubu might be the better choice as he has more to play for, going for the 4th spot?
    Its hard to know though, they're both showing good form.

If you havnt got Berbatov/Keane could be worth swapping for either of them.

Might be worth keeping Tevez for this weekend as Villa have lost there way latley. Is Tevez likely to start.
    Id imagine Tevez should start tomorrow alright seeing as he didnt play any midweek international. Cant decide whether to leave Berbatov as captain who is playing Newcastle (not known for their rock solid defence :)) or give it back to Ronaldo who could quite well be rested tomorrow see as Man U are playing away to Roma on Tuesday. Decisions decisions! :)

Advertisement