Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Lampard possibly out due to illness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,703 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I'm gona stick with Ronaldo as captain.

Lampard didn't train today, they have training again in the morning, stay tuned to sky sports news before the deadline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

AAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH. Adebayor is on the fricking bench. AND I MADE HIM MY FRICKING CAPTAIN. Disaster for Pighead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Pighead wrote: »
    AAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH. Adebayor is on the fricking bench. AND I MADE HIM MY FRICKING CAPTAIN. Disaster for Pighead.

Ha ha unlucky! Arsene was on the blower to me earlier and broke the news so I flogged him for Defoe :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ha ha unlucky! Arsene was on the blower to me earlier and broke the news so I flogged him for Defoe :cool:
    Pighead will be on the blower later on to Arsene to break the news to him that he's a spanner.:mad:

• Advertisement

And Defoe nets! Love it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

All going wrong for Arsenal at the Reebok, 2-0 down and Diaby sent off!!
    I'll lose a buncha points this round!! Come on Gooners show some grit FFS:mad:

And now Kenwyn Jones has bagged one. Come on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Get in there!

Broke my policy of not having 3 players from any one team when I brought Defoe in.

2 for him, penalty save for James and a clean sheet for Distin. 27 points between them before bonus!

Yes super effort from James and Defoe with two goals. Love it!

Vidic, Ronny and Tevez all start for United. Phew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

David James with 12 points before any bonus points even handed out! What a performance! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

And now Kenwyn Jones has bagged one. Come on!

Every time I bench him. Every time.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Every time I bench him. Every time.

I benched him but Michael Johnson was sick so couldn't play. In comes Jones.

That coulda happened for me had Abedayor stayed on the bench.

I skipped selling Jones for Defoe last week because he couldn't play and this week he's out of my price range.

Why do the gods of fantasy football mock me? Why?

And now skipper Ronny has a goal and an assist and Tevez has scored. Gonna be a super week!

Get in there!

Broke my policy of not having 3 players from any one team when I brought Defoe in.

2 for him, penalty save for James and a clean sheet for Distin. 27 points between them before bonus!

And now a goal and an assist for captain Ronny and a goal for Tevez.

Best start to a gameweek ever!

I could hit the 100 at this rate! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

I think I'm the only one in the top 10 without Ronaldo as captain. Need a colossal performance from Gerrard tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

All hail Ronaldo. Good performances for Fabrgas , Defoe and Shorey too. :D

75 with Wheater, Torres, Howard and Lescott to play.

Can't see how people can have anyone else as captain other than Ronaldo, it's like free money. :)

63 points with 6 players to play.

• Advertisement

80 with four to play. A good Spurs and Everton win now tomorrow please. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

I am on 75 at the moment but still have Gerrard and Keane to get a few more points for me hopefully :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Boggles wrote: »
    Can't see how people can have anyone else as captain other than Ronaldo, it's like free money. :)
    Indeed. I actually took it off him last week because I didn't think he'd get anything against Liverpool.....how wrong was I!!

So glad I gave it back to him this week. One of the lads that I'm competing with in a mini league got rid of him a couple of weeks ago...silly boy...not that I'm complaining though! And another one would be probably be in the top 100 overall if he had've stuck with him as captain over the Christmas. He missed out on so many points.

Think this year has to be one of the highest scoring years due to Ronaldo. So many people topping the 100 mark on a regular basis.

55 this week with 6 to play, not bad. Reid was a good buy, a goal and another 3 bonus points this week.

Lescott, Downing, Huddlestone, Berbatov; transform! Rollout!

68 points so far.

The biggest mistake I made this year was not handing the captaincy to Ronaldo. I bought him early enough just stuck by Fabregras for too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Pighead wrote: »
    Pighead will be on the blower later on to Arsene to break the news to him that he's a spanner.:mad:

mwuah ha ha ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Anyone see the lad with the highest score at the end of today? He's got 4 Utd players in the team!?! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

91 points with 4 to play. Not too shabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

Anyone see the lad with the highest score at the end of today? He's got 4 Utd players in the team!?! :confused:
    Look at his transfer history, he hasn't made any at all! He's had the same team all season. So he bought Tevez when he was still at West Ham, and had 3 United players in the team. Normally you would be forced to transfer out 1 player when you make a transfer, but he hasn't made any, so he hasn't been forced.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Another good week of transfers for me.

Transfered out Santa Cruz and brought in Defoe. :)

Also out goes Diarra In comes Huddlestone.

80 points so far with Lescott,Huddlestone, Gerrard and Yakubu to play.

• Advertisement

82 points with 6 to come from first sub Jones and Ballack, Carvalho and Lescott all to play today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

where the hell was Martin Petrov yesterday? :mad: he's already looking like my most useless signing of the season

im on 59 points with Jones to jump off the bench and Torres, Lampard, Neville and Pienaar to play. Lampard and Pienaar are doubts and if they dont play i will only have 10 points scoring players this week

where the hell was Martin Petrov yesterday? :mad: he's already looking like my most useless signing of the season

im on 59 points with Jones to jump off the bench and Torres, Lampard, Neville and Pienaar to play. Lampard and Pienaar are doubts and if they dont play i will only have 10 points scoring players this week
    Petrov has a slight knee injury.
    Lampard out with a virus according to Setanta

even though I have JCole today, I want him to have a stinker

And Carvalho scores. What a weekend for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Goin for a top 20 finish, i'll settle for that (currently joint 18th)
    And Carvalho scores. What a weekend for me!

Its all about you!

• Advertisement

Bloody sure it it. 105 points!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Bloody sure it it. 105 points!

Well done good scoring! I was this close to changing my captain from Ronaldo to Torres. Thank God I didnt!

I couldn't change him as captain. It's guaranteed big points every week. I know everyone has him but if you take the gamble and he scores big like on Saturday then you'll slip way behind.

In the last three weeks I've brought in Carvalho, James and Defoe and it all paid off this week.

A score of 87 and back in the top 30 (just) :). Had a stinker of a day yesterday too with Lescott, Piener, Berbatov all scoring poorly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I could of sworn they said that Torres got a yellow card on Sunday and gets a ban now because he has five cards. Did he get a ban? If so, why is he not down as missing this weekend's game? What game will he miss?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Lemlin wrote: »
    I could of sworn they said that Torres got a yellow card on Sunday and gets a ban now because he has five cards. Did he get a ban? If so, why is he not down as missing this weekend's game? What game will he miss?
    He did get a yellow and it was his fifth but this late in the season it doesn't count. He'll just get an official warning from the FA. I think you need about 10 yellows this late in the season to get a match ban.

I'm up to the dizzy heights of 21 or 22nd place....

another 2 weeks like that and I have won my work league and collect all that dosh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Invincible

Who do you think will replace Vidic,as he'll missthe next couple of games with his injury? Will O'Shea prove his versatility or will Silvestre step in,now he's back from injury?

Invincible wrote: »
    Who do you think will replace Vidic,as he'll missthe next couple of games with his injury? Will O'Shea prove his versatility or will Silvestre step in,now he's back from injury?
    O'Shea is a midfielder in FF for some reason

O'Shea is a midfielder in FF for some reason

O'Shea is quite simply the best footballer in the world, he can't be pigeon holed into a position. :)

I replaced Vidic with Evra, a few pounds cheaper too.

Adebayor out, Yakubu in.

I agonised over this one because Ade scored against Liverpool midweek, but the thought of Everton at home to Derby was too tempting not to get the Yak in.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Dilemma, who will start Rooney or Tevez or both ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Dilemma, who will start Rooney or Tevez or both ?

I would guess Tevez

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Lampard or j cole lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Anyone think Rafa will risk playing Torres this weekend?

• Advertisement
Advertisement