Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Torres - I'm seriously thinking of benchin him
    james123 wrote: »
    Lampard or j cole lads?

Ronaldo all the way, for captain that is

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Torres - I'm seriously thinking of benchin him

Quote:
    Originally Posted by james123
    Lampard or j cole lads?

Ronaldo all the way, for captain that is

I dont really trust you or your family

james123 wrote: »
    I dont really trust you or your family

wtf!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Vidic out, Rio in.

Torres benched...brought in Hibbert for Wheater and now it looks like he wont play :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Took a chance a gave the captaincy to Yakubu for Evertons game against Derby! So hopefully the Yak will be well fed tomorrow! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Dropped K. Jones for Yakubu 2 weeks ago, Jones has 18 points from 2 games since - well I suppose it always happens me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Stuck Yakubu in as capt and he goes and misses an open goal from 3 yards ....:mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Invincible

Defoe not playing against West Ham on Tuesday as he's going to his Granny's funeral in the caribbean.

• Advertisement

I was banking on him scoring against his old club, it always happens

Ah well, RIP Defoe's granny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Invincible

I was banking on him scoring against his old club, it always happens

Ah well, RIP Defoe's granny

RIP indeed,hope she had a long and happy life!

Ah shite. Come on Mark Noble so!

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ah shite. Come on Mark Noble so!
    Yeah I forgot I have him to come off the bench for Defoe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Syke

Yeah I forgot I have him to come off the bench for Defoe

I'd Heridessun (or however your spell it) for Defoe, so happy days.

Still, hoped to do better, I'm mainintaining my top 5 position, but only just.

Here is hoping for a champion's league spot :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Anyone think that now would be a good time to remove Torres and Gerrard? They scored 2 pts between them last week and I fear Rafa's rotation more than ever now.

Those two could afford me Berbatov and Lampard.

Orr. I could swap Torres, Gerrard and Forssell for Berbatov, Bentley and a cuptied Defoe... although that might have to be spread out over two weeks to avoid the pts deductions, as is my general rule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I'd probably keep them Lampard is being quiet and no way is Berbatov better than Torres.

I was going to sell one of either Tevez and Ade for defoe but when it came to it I just couldn't. Tevez would be more likely but is a hands down better forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

51 points, but not too bad, it was a low-scoring week generally. Moved up to 14th.

FFS Noble didn't even play.

51 points for me as well. Acceptable.

Apologies for the shameless thread hijacking but anyhoo.....

Greetings sports fans!

As some of you may have seen, I am currently doing a bit of a survey on the soccer forum. I know some of you have responded so cheers for that but it would great to get as many people as possible.

It's just three short questions so pop on over!

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Apologies for the shameless thread hijacking but anyhoo.....

Greetings sports fans!

As some of you may have seen, I am currently doing a bit of a survey on the soccer forum. I know some of you have responded so cheers for that but it would great to get as many people as possible.

It's just three short questions so pop on over!

Spam! :pac:

Just did it. Have fun compiling the results :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Thinking of dropping Gerrard now,just have a feeling Rafa might start to rotate now:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Who's the better buy in Midfield, Barry for villa vs Derby or Butt for Portsmouth vs Newcastle. Butt has gotten nice bonus points in the last 3 games but will they be able to continue their form against a big physical team like Portsmouth.

Barry doesnt do a whole lot so not sure on him, but who else in Midfield might be worth a gamble.

Perhaps drafting in a Villa defender like Bouma for 4.5M might be a handy 6points tomorrow. Can ye see Villa getting another 4 goals this week?

Do ye think Liverpool + Blackburn will be a quiet match, I reckon Arsenal will completely fold to Man utd.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Would certainly go with Barry, he's got 7 goals and is Villas penalty taker, they've got a fairly handy run in aswell!

Anyone have an idea of the team Grant will most likely go with? Have Carv.,JT,Lamps and Drogba. Would be great if they all played but have a feelin he'll rotate them??:rolleyes:

Gridlock wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea of the team Grant will most likely go with? Have Carv.,JT,Lamps and Drogba. Would be great if they all played but have a feelin he'll rotate them??:rolleyes:
    Yeah I stuck Barry in for this week, expecting big things from him! :) I doubt Grant will rotate too much, they will have had a 5 day break before they play Wigan on Monday and its a crucial game for them in the title race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Gridlock wrote: »

How do you have 4 players from one team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Yeah, they havent even been transferred in this year? (like that guy with 4 utd players who bought tevez when he was still with west ham)
    Trickerys afoot methinks

I'm not in the Boards FF, with one on Sportel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Anyone know whats up with Lampard not playing last night?

cost me my captain points

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Anyone know whats up with Lampard not playing last night?

cost me my captain points
    Read in the paper this morning that he left due to a serious family illness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

dumped Lampard and signed Fab for what must be the third time this season :D was going to go with Gerrard but i can smell Rafa resting him with the CL semis around the corner, Fab should have a free run of games so fingers crossed he bangs in some goals as he hasnt scored since January i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Gameweek 35 is set to be the toughest so far I think. I've already gotten rid of Torres but there's still the matter of Ronaldo, Gerrard and Tevez being rested. Then there's the dilemma of who to replace them with and you look around there's not many other teams with anything to play for. As for captain, I might go with a defender...

Lampard is still likely out too as his mother is still sick in hospital

Don't forget to make all your changes today or tomorrow, because of the Everton vs Chelsea game being early.

Thinking of getting rid of Gerrard, I can't see him playing. There aren't a whole lot of stand-out candidates to replace him though. I'm thinking of Fabregas, with Arsenal playing Reading at home. They'll be hurting as well, could see a good performance.

Ronaldo would be playing for definite if they played before Chelsea this week, but Surr Alex can afford to rest him if Chelsea fail to win at Goodison. Is he worth risking for captain. Last 2 weeks I haven't played him as capt and my scores have suffered.

I fancy Crouch to get a game against Fulham for definite. I'm thinking of bringing him in for Santa Cruz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Santa Cruz is a guaranteed start and is hitting in goals now, i wouldnt swap him for crouch that mightnt play, cruz might even grab a goal at Man U, he did at liverpool last week.

Is Carlton Cole worth a gamble for the Westham v Derby match? Or a westham defender maybe? Fabergas might be worth buying in against reading and then Derby next week, could bring in Van persie to have for the derby game too next week?

Yakubu out (he has been poor ever since I signed him), captain Dean Ashton in. Fortune favours the brave! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Do you reckon Tevez will start this weekend?

Santa Cruz is a guaranteed start and is hitting in goals now, i wouldnt swap him for crouch that mightnt play, cruz might even grab a goal at Man U, he did at liverpool last week.

ya but he offered and the whole team nothing going forward in that game. I was at the game and only for his chance in the 90th min after a lapse in concentration by Liverpool who were coasting 3-0 at that stage did he snatch a goal. Can't see the defence of UTD giving him much, whereas when Crouch has been asked to play, he has done the business. I fancy him to get his game for teh next few weeks to give Torres a rest for CL action.

Moyes has almost conceeded 4th at this stage saying they just need to make sure they get 5th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,703 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

wardie wrote: »
    Lampard is still likely out too as his mother is still sick in hospital

Are People sticking with Lampard? Or is time to get back in Fabergas?

Going to wait till chelsea tem is announced at about 7 this evening. will leave Lampard in if he is playing as some reports said he may be there tonite.

West Ham have only scored 18 goals at home all season so as much as Ashton could be a good pick , it has 1-0 to west ham written all over it.

wardie wrote: »
    Going to wait till chelsea tem is announced at about 7 this evening. will leave Lampard in if he is playing as some reports said he may be there tonite.

West Ham have only scored 18 goals at home all season so as much as Ashton could be a good pick , it has 1-0 to west ham written all over it.

By doing that, will we make the deadline, you sure the team is announced at 7?

well the deadline to make changes is 7:30, so the team will definitely be out by then.

If he's not in the team this week, then its a good move to swap him for Fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Lampard out of squad for tonight according to sky sports.

Lampard Out..!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Quel Surprise. I forgot about the early deadline. I just hope the other crowd in my league did too. :mad:

*sigh* Thought Chelsea would concede so dropped Carvalho. Bastard goes and bags 8 points. Tis always the way.

There is a guy on it already with 39 points.

Swapped Fabergas for Lampard.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

Only had 1 player last night. Essien ! as Captain !!!

Fcuk sake, my captain Ashton not even on the bench today! :mad: Ive a feeling its going to be a bad week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement