Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Fabregas should get the 3 bonus points giving him 9, but he should have scored twice. Would have made my week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,703 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Fabregas should get the 3 bonus points giving him 9, but he should have scored twice. Would have made my week

I'd give him man of the match. He will be my captain next week against Derby too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Got rid of Torres and Lampard and a couple of others and bought in Cesc, Ade, Barry & Agbonlahor. So far so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I really need Defoe (c) to do the business tomorrow if Im going to get anything out of this GW. 21 so far with Laursen, Whitehead, Defoe and Collins to play :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Utter disaster.

No Gerrard(c)/Torres, Hunt didnt play. Only one of my subs played so I ended up with around 7-8 players getting points :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Invincible

kaimera wrote: »
    Utter disaster.

No Gerrard(c)/Torres, Hunt didnt play. Only one of my subs played so I ended up with around 7-8 players getting points :(

It's looking a bit like the prelude to the latter stages of last seasons champions league,when the big players,Gerrard,Drogba,Lampard,Rooney and Ronaldo were dropped.There was a fella way ahead in our league at the time,he came second as he did'nt transfer his main players that were involved in the C.L.

Has Liam Miler got a reprieve,as he's playing today,or is it just because of injuries ?

35 points all together :( Brought in Adebayor for Torres and made him captain. With Arsenal no longer under pressure and Derby seemingly capitulating in the face of a strong breeze I hope it pays off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Whys Almunia not playing these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

bohsman wrote: »
    Whys Almunia not playing these days?

injured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Any idea when hes due back? Should I be getting Lehmann in for him this week?

Arsene suggested yesterday he will rest his players that will be involved in Euro 2008 for the rest of the season, I was thinking of making Fabergas captain against Derby, not so sure now he will even play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I'm leaving Fabregas as captain, so fingers crossed he plays. He should really because Hleb, Rosicky, Diaby and possibly Flamini are out.

I have Gallas, Fabregas and just signed RVP, so if Wenger does rest his Euro '08 players I'm screwed!:eek:

Nunu wrote: »
    I'm leaving Fabregas as captain, so fingers crossed he plays. He should really because Hleb, Rosicky, Diaby and possibly Flamini are out.

I have Gallas, Fabregas and just signed RVP, so if Wenger does rest his Euro '08 players I'm screwed!:eek:

Good point, he hasn't much reserve in midfield.

I have Fabergas Captain, Van P and Adebayor, one of them is bound to get a goal.

Sold Ronaldo & Forrsell for Essien & Adebayor.

Fab my capt. Big gamble selling Ronaldo who has kept me up there all season but last few games he has not been hi usual self and think today is no difference. He might even get rested as Utd will play for a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Tevez out, Young in

Ronaldo's on the bench for United today

Xavi6 wrote: »

Ronaldo's on the bench for United today

delighted....

I sold Tevez and he's on the bench too. Happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

9 points, including 1 from Ronaldo...

Shorey (6), Larrson (9) Noble (7) all on the bench and all unlikely to be used :(

• Advertisement

No Carragher so Shorey to come in. Need someone else not to play today to get Noble in.

No goalkeeper for me this week seeing as James misses his first game in 166 and Niemi injured. disaster at this stage of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I don't even want to check my score, what a disaster of a weekend.

A 0-0 at Goodison today and an Arsenal avalanche tomorrow is the best I can hope for now. My Arsenal trio of Ade, Fab and Clichy not playing wouldn't be thne worst thing in the world either after the performances of my 3 outfield subs. Gordon for James on the other hand does fvck all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

kinaldo wrote: »
    A 0-0 at Goodison today and an Arsenal avalanche tomorrow is the best I can hope for now. My Arsenal trio of Ade, Fab and Clichy not playing wouldn't be thne worst thing in the world either after the performances of my 3 outfield subs. Gordon for James on the other hand does fvck all.
    Ditto wrt Arsenal.

low double digit points at the minute with 3 arsenal players to go tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

13 points so far :( Have Ade(c) and Fabregas to play still. Cmon Adebayor!

• Advertisement

How the feck did Carson get a bonus point when he only made 1 save?

37 points this week, not bad, but just like everyone else it seems I'm hoping for an Arsenal goalfest tomorrow. I've got Cesc (c) Ade and Gilberto to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

No Carragher so Shorey to come in. Need someone else not to play today to get Noble in.

Looks like you got what you wanted. Pity you didnt stipulate that the "someone else not to play" should be outfield. Damn James anyway.
    No goalkeeper for me this week seeing as James misses his first game in 166 and Niemi injured. disaster at this stage of the season.

Oh lord. 23 points for the week. Disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Second in my league has conceded the title, 72 points clear with 2 weeks left, let the celebrations begin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

13 points so far :( Have Ade(c) and Fabregas to play still. Cmon Adebayor!

I have this combo too. Adebayor dropped agghhhhh

• Advertisement

I know. Well this weeks a complete write off nw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Adebayor (c) :( Walcott and Cesc playing tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

menoscemo wrote: »
    I have this combo too. Adebayor dropped agghhhhh

edit, all is forgiven

Hahahahahahaha! I Dont Beleive It! :D:D:D:D:D Thank You Van Persies Hamstring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

I thought van Persie was going to screw me yet again this season - thankful he reliably got injured.

Enter my captain for the week Adebayor - hatrick in 45 mins - 26 glorious points - just imagine he had played 90mins. go on ye beauty

muppet V.Persie...

was hoping Ade would warm the bench tonight...was needing Shorey to come in for him...

strange as it may seem but even though I have Ade on my team I would have preferred not to have his points

Make that 32 points Mori. A 3 point bonus(technically 6 since I assume you have him as captain) for the big man :D From a 13 to a 52 point week. B-E-A-utiful! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

He's pushed me up to 8 points behind in my league. Was 100+ behind a couple of weeks ago so looks like €100 could be going my way :cool: If I hadn't changed Fabregas for Hleb the week before last I would be sorted now :eek: 11 points thrown down the drain

only changed my captain from Ronaldo twice since October/November. First time for derby against City (Ronaldo no goals, Abebayor gets the job done) and this week :D

Ive actually taken a big risk this week. Brought in Santa Cruz and made him captain. Heres hoping for another Derby whipping :D

What happened to James? Rested/Injured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

OPENROAD wrote: »
    What happened to James? Rested/Injured?
    He's injured, might miss the cup final

Tks, have Gordon so don't think I'll waste a transfer out on James.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Heh. Brought back Martin Petrov and made him captain instead of Ronaldo. That plus Barry and Kirkland subbing for James got me an extra point ahead of the guy chasing me even though the sly fecker guessed right with Adebayor. Two more weeks baby and the wildcard is still sitting there :)

Ive actually taken a big risk this week. Brought in Santa Cruz and made him captain. Heres hoping for another Derby whipping :D

Yep I shall be doing the exact same thing. 4 goals for Roque, all assisted by Bentley :cool:

71 points this week and up to second in my league. I'd been languishing around 5th or 6th for the last few months but really turned it around in the last couple of weeks. Every one else sticking with Ronaldo as captain this week helped a lot also! :)

Anybody notice the guy that got the highest score this week? He had
    Almunia replaced by Hart
    Hreidarsson replaced by Scharner
    Gerrard replaced by Larsson
    Torres replaced by Boyce

earning him 32 points in the process, that's some bench!!

10th to 5th this week! 68 points with 43 coming from my Arsenal trio. Still would have been slightly better off had Fabregas and Clichy not played!!

Brought Captain Ade in a couple of weeks ago in anticipation of Derby, did the same with Bentley, now to go back for Santa Cruz!

Ugh, what a write-off of a weekend. 25 points, pushed down to 22nd. Although I'm still within range of my top 10 target, I'll have to have two blinders.

Anyone putting a team in this,it's ran on the same platform as fantasy premierleague,only it's based on Euro 2008.
    It's here http://en.fantasy.euro2008.uefa.com/
    It'll be something to keep the fun going until the premierleague returns.:)

Yeah if there's enough interest from the masses here I'll defo get involved for the craic

• Advertisement

There's a UEFA one for Euro 2008 as well. EDIT: Oops, the UEFA one is McDonalds.

For this weekend, I've gone for an 8-point hit. Need one final push in the last two gameweeks.

James (injured) out, Carson in.
    Jenas out, Barry in (a move I contemplated weeks ago and stupidly didn't do).
    Yakubu out, Santa Cruz back in (one playing Arsenal, the other playing Derby).

Advertisement