Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

4 point hit for me.

Defoe out, Santa Cruz in as skipper

James out, Friedel in. Clean sheet for Friedel will see me come out in the positives.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

I bought Al-habsi a few weeks ago when I noticed that my regular sub keeper, Niemi, wasn't getting games anymore.
    Saved me last week when James was injured, looks like he will again this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Invincible wrote: »
    Anyone putting a team in this,it's ran on the same platform as fantasy premierleague,only it's based on Euro 2008.
    It's here http://en.fantasy.euro2008.uefa.com/
    It'll be something to keep the fun going until the premierleague returns.:)

I did this McD one 2yrs ago for World Cup and it was a different format to the Premier League one.

The Premier League one should have one for the Euro championships on the usual site

Defoe out for S.Cruz and possibly making him captain.

Tempted to go for another change but not sure who to.....

I fancy Fulham against Bir and Bullard in for Noble or Huddlestone (I have 2.3m spare)

Fulham have Pompy next week and they will probably rest a good few players before cup final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Looks like our Santa Cruz as captain gamble hasnt worked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Looks like our Santa Cruz as captain gamble hasnt worked

Please don't tell me he's not playing :confused:

He is (i'd say), just that most of us had Ronaldo as capt who has two goals and an assist so far

Phew yeah i know ronaldo has 14 so far and he'll prob get the three bonus as well but have faith in sparky's boys :D santa cruz for a hat trick i say!!

FFS berbatov not even in squad for today grrrr.....

Phew yeah i know ronaldo has 14 so far and he'll prob get the three bonus as well but have faith in sparky's boys :D santa cruz for a hat trick i say!!
    2 goals so far for rocky, looking good

• Advertisement

2 goals so far for rocky, looking good

Yeah happy days still time for a couple more :pac:

Roque ya little dancer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

FFS berbatov not even in squad for today grrrr.....
    Damm!
    Thank God for Ronnie and Santa! :)

Yup altho friedel and mellberg have let me down as has kranjcar. Downing at least has an assist. Brought in agbonlahor too. Damn...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Would have got more with Ronaldo but Santa Cruz as captain has done good enough.

Yeah not bad he should prob get the 3 bonus too

my defence the last 3-4 weeks has been not short of shocking....

thanks god for Rocky today as capt or I would have had nothing to show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Xavi6 wrote: »
    4 point hit for me.

Defoe out, Santa Cruz in as skipper

James out, Friedel in. Clean sheet for Friedel will see me come out in the positives.

Nearly followed you on that one but Cerny has been getting games again recently so I held off. Thank god I did, he had a smashing few saves and kept the clean sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

82 points

6 more coming off the bench, and fabregas and Hart to play tomorrow.

Would be nice to hit the ton :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

60 points with Adebayor and Lescott to play. Ferdinand got 3 bonus points ahead of Ronaldo! :eek:

• Advertisement

I have 63 with lescott and dunne to play. Still hopeful of catching the two boyos ahead of me... God is good :D

60 points with Howard, Lescott, Adebayor and Fabregas to play :D:D And Ive moved into the top 100 for now. I'm on treack to reach my 3 objectives of winning a friends league, finish in the top 100000 and finish in the top 100 of the boards league.

62 with Lescott, Carragher and Joe Cole to come. No use though as everyone else had the Santa Cruz/Ronaldo combo so all got in and around 60.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

76 for me with Toure. Fab, Adebayour and Martins stil to play. ..)

No Fabregas for Arsenal today. Groin injury :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Xavi6 wrote: »
    No Fabregas for Arsenal today. Groin injury :D

Balls! Ah well, 72 is a nice cushion to fall back on. All the better if Lescott can shut them out for another 45.

Unless Adebayor scores a hattrick Id rather a 0-0 with Lescott and Howard in my team.

And there goes the clean sheet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

75 last week and soon to be 81 this week once Cahill is subbed in for Fab

why is it i've only come good/got lucky at this in the last 10 weeks!? i've risen from the depths of 500,000 overall after week 26 to pushing on breaking into the top 200,000 in the final week!

• Advertisement

75 last week and soon to be 81 this week once Cahill is subbed in for Fab

which Cahill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Syke

I'm content with a top-ten finish, barring a disaster or some sort.

Funny ol season.

ok, I'm 6pts behind the leader in my work league going into the last week.

He has Ronaldo and will probably make him captain for GW38.

I don't have him and would need to make 3 changes to bring him in thus leaving me 14pts behind. So I need an alternative going into the last week.

I have Fabregas who is out so he is my player to sell.

Something that is different and may pull it off for me.

My midfield at the moment is Bullard/JCole/Essien/Noble & Fab

His midfield is Essien/Barry/Bentley/Ronaldo & Muamba so no point considering any of those.

Any suggestions for me for a midfielder for less than 10.8m or less?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

I don't think Ronaldo will start against Wigan. Fergie will rest him and only bring him on if needed which is doubtful :) I would suggest Martin Petrov but City have a tricky away match against Middlesbrough. You may be better off going for defenders who'll get a guaranteed 6 points and/or better strikers. Who have you up front?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

I'd go for downing as boro are likely to win easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    ok, I'm 6pts behind the leader in my work league going into the last week.

He has Ronaldo and will probably make him captain for GW38.

I don't have him and would need to make 3 changes to bring him in thus leaving me 14pts behind. So I need an alternative going into the last week.

I have Fabregas who is out so he is my player to sell.

Something that is different and may pull it off for me.

My midfield at the moment is Bullard/JCole/Essien/Noble & Fab

His midfield is Essien/Barry/Bentley/Ronaldo & Muamba so no point considering any of those.

Any suggestions for me for a midfielder for less than 10.8m or less?
    Ballack as Captain, maybe?

He's playing like a man possessed atm. And is a big-game player.

If ManU draw / lose and Chelsea win this weekend, theres a good chance you could leap frog the leader.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

KerranJast wrote: »
    I don't think Ronaldo will start against Wigan. Fergie will rest him and only bring him on if needed which is doubtful :) I would suggest Martin Petrov but City have a tricky away match against Middlesbrough. You may be better off going for defenders who'll get a guaranteed 6 points and/or better strikers. Who have you up front?
    I'd be shocked if Ronaldo doesn't start on Sunday. It's such a huge game and as much as Fergie would like to rest him I can't see him taking a chance on not playing from the off.
    Utd. will try and go out to destroy Wigan from the off and then rest players if needs be.

SofaK wrote: »

Gonna buy in Ballack this week but not sure about making him captain.
    Finally managed to make it up to 2nd in my league after languishing around 6th or 7th for most of the season and putting Ballack in as captain would be too high risk, especially when there's only about 5 points separating me and the next guy.

I don't think Ronaldo will start against Wigan. Fergie will rest him and only bring him on if needed which is doubtful :)I would suggest Martin Petrov but City have a tricky away match against Middlesbrough. You may be better off going for defenders who'll get a guaranteed 6 points and/or better strikers. Who have you up front?

DO NOT PICK MARTIN PETROV! City are going to be a disaster at the weekend. The players aren't interested. We'll lose 2-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Gonna buy in Ballack this week but not sure about making him captain.
    Finally managed to make it up to 2nd in my league after languishing around 6th or 7th for most of the season and putting Ballack in as captain would be too high risk, especially when there's only about 5 points separating me and the next guy.
    I was going to suggest Ballack, he has been scoring consistently lately and has helped save me some blushes in beating a few of the guys to mid-table mediocrity

You may be better off going for defenders who'll get a guaranteed 6 points and/or better strikers. Who have you up front?
    Fairly much got my defenders sorted for the weekend. I have Terry/Rio/Shorey/Laursen & Lescott to pick from.

Up front I have Crouch/Rocky & Adebayor
    wardie wrote: »
    I'd go for downing as boro are likely to win easily.
    Was thinking him alright
    SofaK wrote: »

If ManU draw / lose and Chelsea win this weekend, theres a good chance you could leap frog the leader.

Can't go for Ballack as I have 3 Chelsea players already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,097 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Fairly much got my defenders sorted for the weekend. I have Terry/Rio/Shorey/Laursen & Lescott to pick from.

Up front I have Crouch/Rocky & Adebayor

Was thinking him alright

Can't go for Ballack as I have 3 Chelsea players already

Heres a bit of an off the wall solution;

Could ignore fabs and sell essien instead, bringing in ballack.

Could go 4-3-3 with;
    Terry Rio Shorey Laursen
    Bullard Ballack Cole
    Crouch Ade santa cruz

I think all 3 strikers have a good chance of scoring. Could see pool goin for a 4-4-2 for the last game, put crouch in the window, give him an incentive to stay or a chance to say goodbye.

Bolton will lie down i'd say after the last weeks celebrations since they became safe, so you could be nicely sorted with cole and ballack, meanwhile Wigan will be as staunch as they possibly can be.

• Advertisement

Two changes for the final week. Joe Cole and Mark Noble out, Michael Ballack and Michael Carrick in.

Line up -

Friedel
    Lescott Carragher Shorey Ferdinand
    Ronaldo Ballack (C) Carrick Bentley
    Young Santa Cruz

Subs: Dunne Johnson Jones

Need a big one here.

I would say with Bolton lying down, Ballack may get rested as he is likely to want to keep him injury free for CL final. Don't know if I'd risk selling Essien for him.

What about any of the other Man U midfielders?

Scholes/Park/Hargreaves? On the last day its usually the quiet ones all season who make names for themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I was worried about Ballack being rested as well, but went for him anyway (in for Fabregas).

So, final team of the year is:

Carson

Lescott
    Wheater
    Distin

Ballack
    Ronaldo
    Barry
    Bentley

Santa Cruz
    Defoe
    Tevez

Defoe should play as he's cup-tied next week, but my worry is that Pompy as a whole will be half-assed. Distin may well be rested too.

Not too confident, I'd be happy with staying in the top 20.

SS saying Cole & Lampard to start. where does that leave Ballack? Cole out wide, Ballack could still play with Essien behind them and Drogba up front

went for Hargreaves....dunno why

Team

Gordon
    Terry (Capt)/Rio/Shorey
    Bullard/Essien/Cole/Hargreaves
    Cruz/Ade/Crouch

Subs: Lescott/Laursen/Noble

I'd be very surprised if Ballack doesn't start. He's been their best player in the last three or four games. At least start him and take him off when it's 3-0 and he's got all the goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

too many people signing Ballack this week and alot putting the armband on him, considering before the last 2 games wasn't up to much i think its a risky move let alone the possibilty he may only make the bench

i went with Frankie Lampard to replace the injured Fab

Friedel

--- Wheater -- Evra -- P. Neville -- Scharner ---

--- Ronaldo (c) ---- Barry ---- Lampard

--- Santa Cruz --- Tevez --- Adebayor

Bench: Hart, Pienaar, Cahill, Johnson

i need these f**kers to get me 87 points today to make the 2000 point mark!

No point in me putting ronaldo as captain as everyone else I'm competing against has given it to him. Need to take a risk, though Ballack is not much of a risk. He's been superb lately when it matters and today should be no different provided he starts.

I went for Ballack as capt too. Reckon he has to play with Anelka having to miss out Sacrificed Barry for him as I'm chasing a guy for 2nd place and we both had him. Taking a gamble but am 40 behind him so it's a long shot to try and get 2nd in my league but y'never know :D

Ballack starts. Twas never in doubt really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement