Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

1383940414244»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Invincible

Invincible wrote: »
    Anyone putting a team in this,it's ran on the same platform as fantasy premierleague,only it's based on Euro 2008.
    It's here http://en.fantasy.euro2008.uefa.com/
    It'll be something to keep the fun going until the premierleague returns.:)

I set up a league for the above,the league code is 39952-5618

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ballack starts. Twas never in doubt really.

Nice to see that he's back to his form of old,good for him with Euro 08 only around the corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

me plan has back fired and Terry is gone off injured

I expect to see Steve Bennett celebrating with the Man U players after the game today....he's so far up Whiskey Noses rear end, its unbelievable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

I didn't realise that players sent off have subsequent goals conceded count against them. Richard Dunne on -6 points for anyone lucky enough to have fielded him (:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Kept Dunnie out of the side cause I knew something like this was going to happen. 54 provisional points for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

I have 54 as well. Counting on downing getting a couple of bonus points. Don't think i'll get 2nd in my league. Boo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Overall - 2105 points.

Boards Placing - 91st

Overall - 53,363rd

Transfers - 43

Not bad but not great either. Couple of poor weeks lately let me down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

Finished 193rd with 1998 points
    Mediocre season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Horrible week. 38pts. Went into yesterday in 4th, finished in 9th. Totally fcuked up by not replacing James / Gordon and bringing in Ballack and Tevez. Easily my worst gameweek by comparison to teams around me.

Still, not bad for a debut season! 2,853th overall and destroyed my private league.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

62 transfers couldn't help me. For a first go..meh I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

LOL. A girl won the Boards.ie league.

I finished on 2031 but fecked up in the last week to finish 3rd in my private league. Ah well, I'll be back next year!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

finished on 162 (2019 points). made 19 transfers. completely lost interest after Janruary, didn't make a single transfer since then. finished up with 4 City players on my team. not too bad considering. lol

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,703 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Is there some form of prize for the guy who won it outright?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    LOL. A girl won the Boards.ie league.

I finished on 2031 but fecked up in the last week to finish 3rd in my private league. Ah well, I'll be back next year!!!

She did surely,twas my niece,a girl also won the "Off the ball" league!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Fair play to her!

Final points: 2197
    Boards position: 27th

Won my local league though, consolation :)

• Advertisement

Fair play to her!

Final points: 2197
    Boards position: 27th

Won my local league though, consolation :)

Congrats Stephen,was a good total,got 1944,26th in work league.

Are you joining the McDonalds Fantasy Football ?
    Check post #2152 on page 144 for link.

Invincible wrote: »
    Congrats Stephen,was a good total,got 1944,26th in work league.

Are you joining the McDonalds Fantasy Football ?
    Check post #2152 on page 144 for link.

Yep, delighted we have something this summer, last summer I nearly had withdrawals :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Overall - 2160 points.

Boards Placing - 41st

Overall - 21,863

Transfers - 61

Considering I only joined in the 3rd gamesweek not bad. Finished 23rd in the world for everyone who joined in the 3rd week...ahh next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Overall: 2198

Boards - 26th

Overall - 9,882

Transfers - 35 (good few of them in the wildcard couple of weeks ago)

Pretty happy with it overall, won few private leagues with mates so bragging rights at least..
    It was the season of the Ronaldo captaincy really, anyone without him was at a massive disadvantage.. His value next season will be through the roof.

shepthedog wrote: »
    Overall: 2198

Boards - 26th

Overall - 9,882

Transfers - 35 (good few of them in the wildcard couple of weeks ago)

Pretty happy with it overall, won few private leagues with mates so bragging rights at least..
    It was the season of the Ronaldo captaincy really, anyone without him was at a massive disadvantage.. His value next season will be through the roof.

Maybe they'll class Ron as a striker next season,as they did with A.Young this season,M.Taylor was defender last season,now midfielder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Final Score: 1859

Boards - 324th

Transfers - 31

Clearly shows the strength in depth of Boards.ie league....I mean me and Kevin Keegan will be singing from the same hymn sheet, I cant see how i can compete with the guys at the top unless I get some BIG funding (about 50million more than all the 323 teams ahead of me :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

The person who lost the fantasy cup final by one point had James and Hart as goalies, neither played, sickener

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Total Score: 2153
    Boards: 45th
    Mini-League1: 1st
    Mini-League2: 2nd
    Transfers: 46

Had a bad last few weeks, but hung in to win the mini-league which had money one it..... yipeee!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Here's a thought for next season...

How about running a 2nd league, only this time make it a rule that no players from this year's top 4 in the league can be included? Might make it interesting, 6 of this year's Dream Team were from the CL qualifiers.

Maybe throw in a €20 entry fee, split 50/50 between prize money and a donation to the Santa Strike Fund?

I'd be willing to do any organising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

How about running a 2nd league, only this time make it a rule that no players from this year's top 4 in the league can be included? Might make it interesting, 6 of this year's Dream Team were from the CL qualifiers.

Maybe throw in a €20 entry fee, split 50/50 between prize money and a donation to the Santa Strike Fund?

I'd join :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Syke

Ahhhhhh I was looking at the wrong boards.ie league.

Why are there two? I finished waaaay down that one. 2098 points :(

Still I won my private league, overtaking the season long leader on the last day of the season with my one sub making the difference (Torres) yay!

Very interesting idea. Half the time this season, the fun was sucked out by knowing everyone else had Ronaldo as captain as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

I'd go for that too....

Provided the money isn't going to "rest in your account" :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Taking the top 4 out of the equation still leaves loads of options, especially GKs and CFs, but I still reckon it would be a trickier task picking a side that finishes clear of the field.

AFAIK there's nothing to stop a person registering two teams under different usernames/emails so everyone could still have their "serious" team.
    Mad_Max wrote:
    Provided the money isn't going to "rest in your account":pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

:D

I know you're jesting, but if anyone was wary I'm sure one of the mods wouldn't mind looking after the money. I'd enter a team, but probably disqualify myself from winning the prize money if I was in charge.

I reckon its a good way for the forum as a community to raise a feq quid for a good cause.

Advertisement