Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Had 2 ManC defenders in my lineup, so im happy. Hopefully they'll be amongst the bonus points too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Thrill utd

Playing
    Gk

Reina.........2

Defenders

Carragher...3
    Finnan.......2
    Bocanegra... playing tomorrow
    Hughes........playing tomorrow

Midfielders

Ronaldo (c)...playing tomorrow
    Hargreaves ...playing tomorrow
    Rio-coker.......2
    Milner............5

Strikers

Van Persie.....playing tomorrow
    Harewood......0

Subs

Tugay
    Baines......(injured)
    Drogba......(injured)

Total so far: 14

That penalty for Aston villa cost me 12 points. Ouch.

23 points so far with Ben-Haim, Eboue, Giggs, Lamps (C), V. Persie still to play. Not an amazing start but by no means bad :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

27 points for me with Vidic, Ronaldo, Van Persie and Rooney (C) still to play. Raging Benitiz didnt include Benayoun in his squad today, that cost me afew points.

EDIT: make that 27 points not 21, God bless those bonuses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

PHB wrote:
    Looks like McShane was a good buy
    Indeed. Got himself the 3 bonus points today and is sure to get plenty more. Although it's a pity they still have him in a Manu jersey for his pick.

I like some of the changes that they've made to the site, in particular the way you get the breakdown of points won when you run your cursor over the points icon under the player's jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Bah, 35 with only 2 players out tomorrow.

Time to panic transfer for gameweek2!! :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

39 with Evra, Rooney, Carvalho, Fabregas and v. Persie still to play.. and an auto substitution to make..

What teams are not playing mid-week?

^ Looks like villa, arsenal, liverpool, blackburn, west ham, newcastle all not playing :(

Bah, curse me for my lack of foresight. I of course have lots of blackburn, arsenal and villa players and no strikers available for midweek :eek:

Hmm.. I'd noticed Liverpool and Arsenal but not the rest.. so that's 4/11 for me with nothing on the bench apart from Tevez.. :( seems like I'll need to do a few transfers myself..

Bah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Every team plays the same amount of games so why is everyone going on about gameweek 2? :confused:

Yup - thinking about it, it's a good point.. if you spend 8 points transferring players and they score 15 points and you spend another 8 transferring them back out - you're losing 1 point.. whereas if you keep them you don't necessarily lose anything..

But what if the 3 players you were going to bring in score a hat trick each - and all 3 of them were defenders..

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

JPA wrote:
    Every team plays the same amount of games so why is everyone going on about gameweek 2? :confused:

Blackburn have a UEFA Cup qualifier and Arsenal and Liverpool have Champions League qualifiers mid-week so they aren't playing. That means the teams they were due to play (Villa, West Ham and Newcastle) can't play either so three fixtures have been postponed until later in the season.

Does anyone know why Jagielka didn't start for Everton yesterday? Was he just not started?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Can someone PM me the code for this or is it too late to enter?

My team scored 52 points yesterday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

kinaldo wrote:
    Can someone PM me the code for this or is it too late to enter?

My team scored 52 points yesterday :)

No one tell him the code!

• Advertisement

No one tell him the code!
    It's ok, the core of my team is from Arsenal and they're losing...

Also not a single player from Man U or Chelsea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

1997-1042
    is the code

That's certainly an interesting tactic, I assume you have Martins in your team though :P

I see our league is ranked 41 / 76,771 leagues in the world. Not too shabby. Looks like boardsies know their stuff :)
    kinaldo wrote:
    It's ok, the core of my team is from Arsenal and they're losing...

Also not a single player from Man U or Chelsea!
    So you're screwed for midweek games too then :)

PHB wrote:
    1997-1042
    is the code

That's certainly an interesting tactic, I assume you have Martins in your team though :P
    Cheers PHB!

Woo 2nd in the league (and 3rd in the Off the Ball, plus top of my private)! And Newcastle top of the Premiership! Great day all round :)

Yeah went with Martins, Bells, and Van Persie up front. It just kinda happened that way, no Chelsea or Man U players I mean. I expect a hard fall come the end of the day / midweek...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I have Kapo on the bench :eek:

What a strike by him !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i've signed up. *i think, new to this*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I like the new feature on the site where you move the cursor over the amount of points the player has gotten and it tells you where they got them.

question: why does it say i only sored 22 points in the tables but when i go through in the team view of what my starting 11 got, they add up to 44?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

It'll get updated by the end of the day, bonus points and substitutions still need to go through.

Why did Fabregas get 3 bonus?, i think they just automatically give them to him:). Fulham keeper or Hleb should have gotten the 3

playa3 wrote:
    Why did Fabregas get 3 bonus?, i think they just automatically give them to him:). Fulham keeper or Hleb should have gotten the 3

heh, i'm not complaining :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

heh, i'm not complaining :D

Oh no don't get me wrong, im not either, just wish i had him as captain:D Kinda makes you wonder about those bonus points though, him and Essien wrack them up like no tomorrow almost automatically, well rightly so for the most part. Actually theres my tip for people, get Essien and Fabregas and you're generally guaranteed at least 4/5 points a week, nice and consistent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

The new site is way too slow compared to last year and preferred last years layout aswell....

playa3 wrote:

Its always the same with Fabreagas...he only has to take to the pitch and he gets 3 bonus pts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

10th before the subs get put through a nice solid start :)

5th after Week 1. Keeping above my goal of averaging 53/week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

36 points after gameweek 1..... not a good start..... Berbatov, Robinson, Noble and Upson let us down this weekend :( but i've got enough belief in my boys and will stick with them through thick and thin...... for at least another week!

Best ever start for me - 63 and in the top 10.. and top of my work's league :) It's all downhill from here..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

49 points after week 1.

Feckin Rooney had to get injured. Immediate transfer for him.

So far so good.. a nice solid start, and my squad strength came in handy.

I had both Niemi and Dawson in my starting 11. Both were pulled out at the 11th hour. Enter my subs; Gordon and igimarson; 13 points between them :)

It's all about squad strength lads.. 11 men don't win leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

65 points for me and in 5th place only 8 points behind the leaders,a disappointing start for berbatov and james who i thought would rack up some points for me

Top of the league with 73 points, Los Mañanas, way to go Arsenal!

Still 2nd in the Newstalk Off the Ball league but 606 overall, out of over one million players...

I'm gonna enjoy the next 3 days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

cant believe i had mcshane on the bench doh!! on 48 points, hopefully i can stay in that top half group for a few weeks until i loose interest!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Happy with my 67 points at the weekend, but now i'm in some trouble. Here's why:

James

Carragher (No Match)
    S Taylor (No Match)
    Lescott
    McShane
    Baines (Injured)

Gerrard (No Match)
    Fabregas (No Match)
    Barry
    Hunt
    Richardson

Lita (Injured)
    Torres (No Match)
    Van Persie (No Match)

I'm thinking of going with a 2-3-0 formation . . .
    I'm gonna swap Lita for maybe Chopra. And then pray. Don't know if it's worth the points penalty to get rid of Baines, or maybe Torres.

Prob worth taking the 4point hit and selling V. Persie to get in a Chelsea striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I have a problem and need advice.

Rooney is injured. Transfer him out - 12m
    Bring in Tevez - 8.5 m. 3.5 m left.
    Then I want to get rid of Marlon Harewood as sub and bring in Bianchi. Left with 1.5 million.
    Meite out and Rio Ferdinand in.

This costs me 8 points but with Rooney out long term looks like a good move. Also City and United play midweek so the players I bring in might make it up.

Advice?

• Advertisement

besty wrote:
    I have a problem and need advice.

Rooney is injured. Transfer him out - 12m
    Bring in Tevez - 8.5 m. 3.5 m left.
    Then I want to get rid of Marlon Harewood as sub and bring in Bianchi. Left with 1.5 million.
    Meite out and Rio Ferdinand in.

This costs me 8 points but with Rooney out long term looks like a good move. Also City and United play midweek so the players I bring in might make it up.

Advice?
    I think it's probably worth the 8 point hit. A lot of people will either drop points from not having players playing in gameweek 2, or transfering players out to get in players who are.

With Rooney out long-term(ish) that transfer is a no brainer. Also, Bianchi for Marlon Harewood will probably make you back up your points. Harewood isn't a guaranteed regular for Villa, plus City have Derby at home in gameweek 2.

Plus, you could also make it only a 4 point deduction and leave Meite in, and get Rio in for next weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Are the midweek games, AND next weekend's games part of Gameweek2, or just the Midweek ones?

Can someone explain this whole concept to me actually, cheers.

Does a 'Gameweek' start on a Monday?

If there's Monday Night Football, does that count as the previous weekend, or the next one.

Thanks lads.

seansouth wrote:
    Are the midweek games, AND next weekend's games part of Gameweek2, or just the Midweek ones?

Can someone explain this whole concept to me actually, cheers.

Does a 'Gameweek' start on a Monday?

If there's Monday Night Football, does that count as the previous weekend, or the next one.

Thanks lads.
    Next weekend's games are Gameweek 3. Monday night football counts as the same weekend, as in, if there was a game tonight, it'd be counted as Gameweek 1 still.

I don't think it goes week by week or anything, but by each 'batch' of games.

Next weekend's games are Gameweek 3. Monday night football counts as the same weekend, as in, if there was a game tonight, it'd be counted as Gameweek 1 still.

I don't think it goes week by week or anything, but by each 'batch' of games.

Excellent thanks, so if I ship out an Arsenal player, I can have him back for next weekend.

Do the transfers work on the 'Gameweeks' too? Like, would you have a free transfer after the Gameweek 2 midweek, and before Gameweek 3 this weekend?

seansouth wrote:
    Excellent thanks, so if I ship out an Arsenal player, I can have him back for next weekend.

Do the transfers work on the 'Gameweeks' too? Like, would you have a free transfer after the Gameweek 2 midweek, and before Gameweek 3 this weekend?
    Yep, I think it's a free transfer per Gameweek. I took out Van Persie but I plan to bring him back before saturday.

:p

Same thing I'm wondering about!

I can't put a Chelsea player in, I already have three of them, Rooney is injured, I have Robbie Keane in already, and Doyle.

I don't know who to stick in instead. Any ideas anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

seansouth wrote:
    :p

Same thing I'm wondering about!

I can't put a Chelsea player in, I already have three of them, Rooney is injured, I have Robbie Keane in already, and Doyle.

I don't know who to stick in instead. Any ideas anyone?
    Tevez :D

A respectable 51pts this wkend but I didnt even make it onto the first page of the league!

I was about to put Martins in before I realised that they don't have a match either :(

In the end I stuck in Bianchi. Think he could be good for a goal against Derby, at home.

Went for Obafemi.

I was about to put Martins in before I realised that they don't have a match either :(

FÚCK

Balls! Did the transfer go through?? :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement