Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Should I buy this Merc Estate?

Options
  • 30-06-2007 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

W124 200T

What do you think? I've got a set of w124 8 hole alloys in the shed, give it a good spit and polish. I know that engine well and its an auto.

Kinda tempting I must say. Dunno where I'd put it though.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Looks solid.....Buy it now price is a little steep though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Tired of the A6 already? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nope but I thought it might be a car that I could turn round for a small profit, the 7 seats are a useful option. Or I could shift the A6 for a small profit (certainly no loss) and run the Merc for a year and sell on for almost what its bought for. Cheap motoring in nice cars.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Going by the fuzzy pic of the "back panel", I'd say the rear window frames (problem area on the estates) have rotted through quite a while ago.

Be prepared to find large amounts of rust and rot once you look into all the "secret compartments" in the back.

Most likely also found its way to where the sill meets the C-pillar, making the car a possible write off ...if not now, then definetly for the next NCT.

Looked at a few of these over the last while ...they were ALL in different stages of decay around that area. (Because it's bloody expensive to fix it when you first spot it and people try to botch it with silicone, filler and paint)

Bring a magnet and a long screwdriver if you go looking at that one ...certainly don't buy without inspection.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

Hi Mike,

Have you driven an old 200T in auto, gutless. Also it is white, very hard to sell. It's not a giveaway at that price either. Great cars though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement