Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What band would you like to see re-forming?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 BrianCollins

eh van halen with dave of course

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

funktastic wrote:
    Ride

they were so good at the time but not sure they would seem the same now.

i'd go for the stone roses..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

talking heads
    led zeplin
    alice in chains ( i know they're still going!) but with Layne Stanley

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

John wrote:
    None. Look to the future kids

Agreed

OK, maybe RATM, Primus or Orbital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Skunk Anansie!

*Now THERE'S a band to give them fukin' Kaiser Chiefs, Razorlight, The Killers and (Lord Save Me) Keane and their whingy, whiney ilk a kick up the hole that it so, very, very badly needs!*

/end rant :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Talking Heads. If the Pixies can be civil enough to each other for long enough to tour maybe lightning can strike twice, although I'm not that hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Does this include bring them back from teh dead, if need be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Talking Heads appreciation - good to read. What album of theirs would you recommend to buy first?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Well I'd say Remain In Light but that could frighten away some more casual fans possiby.

Maybe The Name of This Band is talking Heads. Great record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

None.

The Pixies touring again made me feel happy yet old.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Im slightlt obssed with older bands but ive seen most artists I like in one form or another recently with all the recent reformations a few I would still like to see are arnt dead are
    The Chamelsons
    My Bloddy Valintine
    Fatima Mansions (Seen Cathal solo which was great but would love to see a set of FM stuff)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Soundgarden
    Mr. Bungle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Technically only on a break but fingers crossed for a new Strokes album in 08

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

Agreed

OK, maybe RATM, Primus or Orbital
    Primus and Rage are back together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

scitilop wrote:
    Mn8

The band is just 'on hold' according to one of the band member's myspace page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

The Monkees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Reincarnate Freddie and find John Deacon and reform Queen! Get rid of that Paul Rodgers chap...though I did go to their gig a couple of years back..:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Lush. Sadly their drummer is deceased, but it would be fantastic to see the other three back together again. They were one of the best bands EVER.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buz5D8OWmRc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Hypnotoad

The beatles.It'd be great to hear some of their later stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

stovelid wrote:
    None.

The Pixies touring again made me feel happy yet old.

Yeah, how I miss the late eighties/early nineties when I was just discovering decent music, and Britpop was yet to piss on my parade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

Journey ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Reincarnate Freddie and find John Deacon and reform Queen! Get rid of that Paul Rodgers chap...though I did go to their gig a couple of years back..:P

hah - completel OT but i've really been impressed with the way john Deacon has kept his head down post Queen; he kinda said "right, the singer is gone, that was the ultimate selling point, i'm off to enjoy my retirement"

one of the few times he *did* pop up out of obscurity was, apparantly, when the popbitch.com website asked their readers in 2001 if anybody had 'had a **** in the house of somebody famous' to which they got a response from John Deacon saying 'I've had one in my own place - does that count?'

for that - he's more of a legend than the other two remaining!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/story/0,,1767307,00.html

Advertisement