Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorhome Insurance for under 25s

• 30-06-2007 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I was about to buy a 1986 camper last night but thought i should inquire about insurance first. I am 22 and my mates are the same age. All 3 of us would like to be able to drive it, but it seems very difficult to get insured if your under 25.

Any help please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Other than ringing any and all insurance companies that you can think of and applying generous amounts of begging and pleading, I don't know of any solution to your problem at the moment.

Try to explore all avenues that may apply: Have you got another vehicle ...you could try and get a mileage cap agreed ...or maybe go down the named driver route ...or maybe agree a non-foreign travel clause ...or seasonal use only ...or try and insure it as a van (with the knowledge of the ins. company) and carry all the camping bits at your own risk without cover?

Something will hopefully help to clinch the deal if you give them some room to maneuvre and "think outside the box"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mike0700

Vorak wrote:
    Hey Guys,

I was about to buy a 1986 camper last night but thought i should inquire about insurance first. I am 22 and my mates are the same age. All 3 of us would like to be able to drive it, but it seems very difficult to get insured if your under 25.

Any help please?

I used camping world for my insurance coverage. I would suggest you try them out, they offer great coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

mike0700 wrote:
    I used camping world for my insurance coverage. I would suggest you try them out, they offer great coverage.

I don't think that an American insurer is going to be of much help here in Ireland ?

Advertisement