Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keeping in touch while travelling across Europe? Email etc

• 30-06-2007 3:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm planning on going travelling for a while. I really need to keep on top of my emails though. Being able to access my gmail, see attachments, reply conveniently, and not be ripped off in the process.

What would anyone recommend? I dont have a blackberry..would that be the best choice? And would roaming under my Irish O2 account be ok, or should I look into getting another phone deal for mainland Europe?

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 paulbds

Try the T-Mobile webnwalk data deal. You can buy these PAYG sim cards and you can use them in your phone or GPRS Data card in your laptop and use email/data etc for the princely sum of £1 a day. You do however need to top them up with £10 initially

I have a couple of these Sim cards going spare as I sold a shed load of GPRS cards on eBay recenltly on ebay

I will be in the Wexford area next week on holidays and if you pm me with your address I will pop one in the post for you. free, gratis for nowt

Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Thanks very much for your help Paul...sending PM now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

that's 30GBP per month for unlimited GPRS throughout Europe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

ciaranfo wrote:
    that's 30GBP per month for unlimited GPRS throughout Europe?

That got me interested too, but it looks like there are roaming charges and usage restrictions.
    http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobile-phones/sim-card/pay-as-you-go/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

what about buying a n770. bargain on expansys at moment at €112 ...just a thought

• Advertisement
Advertisement