Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

DeBadge - Glue Removel

Options
  • 30-06-2007 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi lads,

Any ideas are welcome.

I've just de-badged my car. Problem is there's still a lot of glue/adhesive stuck there. It peeled away fine after using the hairdryer on it. But there's still some patches left, plus there's a lot of residue there still.

I don't have any white spirits, tried vodka(lol), still very hard to remove.

I was wondering if anyone had similar problem and can give me some advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Carb cleaner? Petrol?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 brianomurphy

what is a carb cleaner, sorry, bit clueless.

Would Wd40 do it, happen to have some of that.my guess is no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Carburetor cleaner is pretty powerful stuff designed to shift sooty disposits in carbs and fuel/air chambers on injection cars. I've used it for various other jobs. WD40 is a solvent too, might be worth a go.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

WD40 does the job. Used it on some of my old cars. Just make sure to clean the residue off afterwards. I wouldn't be using white spirits on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 brianomurphy

right thanks lads, will give WD40 a go tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Nail polish remover is very good at removing glue deposits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Video here might work for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

Petrol is very good, used it on an ex-guarda car that was covered in glue residue after stripping the florestant strips off it, and it worked for most of it, I used t-cut paste on the stubborn bits.:) :)

Advertisement