Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Airline?

Options
  • 30-06-2007 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

Im heading back to America at the end of july and im wondering who is the best airline to travel with? Im looking for a one way ticket to Orlando.Looking to get there as quick as possible for as cheap as possible :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Continental/Delta may have reasonable fares, with connections in EWR/JFK/ATL.

If you are looking to get their as quick as possible then it is probably wise to go from Shannon/Dublin to Newark or Atlanta and get a connection. There are usually connections with little time between available- so you dont have to be waiting around

LHR could be an option but sometimes the connection times are long...

Just had a look at Continental- around €400/450 via EWR (business class is around€1500 which is good lol) 2/3 hour connection time

Delta- looking for over €1000 with a journey time of over 24 hours in some instances!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Try US Airways as well they have connections in PHL and are pretty decent. Aircaft are 767's which are much bigger than Continental 757's although continental are doing one 767 flight a day now. US airways are the cheapest option.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

yea im probably going to book with US Airways.the connection is via phili and the total time is only 12hours.should be ok. I was just checking the seats and the entire row 13 was empty!lol....silly supersticious Americans!ill take it all to myself :P

No- US Airways stopped sending B762's to Ireland last summer.

All B752's now

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

yea they seem to be 757's.I guess im just going to have to hit the bar in dublin airport and sleep all the way there!i hope its open at 11 in the morning :D
    My one-way ticket was €452 from Dublin to Orlando (MCO). Wasnt too bad really.

• Advertisement

LOL. US airways should be grand.....

Their 757s- some of them came from Air Horizons after their demise. I remember seeing them at Air Atlanta before being delivered to Air Horizons, i remember them operating at Shannon with Air Horizons, and now I see them at Shannon operating with US Airways! Strange really!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Do the winglets make much of a difference on the continental 757-200s. Apparently they only give a 5% fuel economy increase? I thought it would be a lot more.

Probably only a small amount, but they also enable the aircraft to operate from shorter runways

I have had the pleasure of flying on a Continental 752 with winglets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Singapore Airline, my fav!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

http://www.aa.com/index_us.jhtml

good airline, flew with them a few months ago to Boston.

• Advertisement
Advertisement