Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 pay sim

• 30-06-2007 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭

My dad got an upgrade on 3 so he gave me his old handset. I can't find anyone willing to sell me a 3 pay sim.

Is there anywhere I can get one from?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

emailed support about this myself a week or 2 ago and basically they told me they dont sell three sims whatsoever to the public

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They mustn't want any customers so. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25 paulbds

Hi there, I bought one from a chap on eBay. It cost me about €15 and worked 100% AND gave me up to €50 credit after I topped up the 'phone.
    I needed an Irish 3 Sim card and the only way I could get one was by purchasing a new phone! I placed it in my UK pjhone and hey presto - -worked 100%. I have even been able to top it up in the UK but i usually get it topped up in Craphone warehouse in Wexford

I checked my feedback and here is his user iD

25wojda

He is based in Galway

Hope this helps

let me know how you get on

paul

Sadly he has none for sale now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

weeder wrote:
    emailed support about this myself a week or 2 ago and basically they told me they dont sell three sims whatsoever to the public

What are they playing at??? They seem to be ensuring a low market for themselves...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Had the same problem myself this evening, It's hard to believe they dont sell sim packs. My bro got a free upgrade and gave me his old phone and unless I can get it unlocked it's useless really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

Bond-007 wrote:
    My dad got an upgrade on 3 so he gave me his old handset. I can't find anyone willing to sell me a 3 pay sim.

Is there anywhere I can get one from?

Thanks

If anyone wants one try here

Thanks for that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭fattestman

A couple of you mentioned that you got phones from people who have upgraded, but don't have a 3 SIM. When you upgrade with 3 you get the option to have a free 3Pay SIM with €10 credit sent out to you for your old phone.

If you get the account holder to get onto 3 customer care they'll arrange for it to be sent. Takes a while to come though, but it'll come eventually.

• Advertisement

Cheers fattestman, I'll ask my bro to try that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I got my 3 upgrade call last week. I asked for a sim card to use in the old phone and they were happy to supply it. It comes with €10 free credit and then for the first eight months they will match the first €10 of top up.

Seems quite fair to me.

I got my 3 upgrade call last week. I asked for a sim card to use in the old phone and they were happy to supply it. It comes with €10 free credit and then for the first eight months they will match the first €10 of top up.

Seems quite fair to me.
    How long did you have to wait for the simcard Terrontress? Just wondering here as my bro ordered one for me yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭Terrontress

It is yet to arrive. When they were upgrading me, I said I didn't think the n73 was worth €149 so they agreed to reduce it to €99 which involved me getting an €50 credit to my account but the phone going through as €149. They just called me there to say that the credit had been applied and I asked when the sim would come. They said today or tomorrow. I ordered the upgrade on the 25th June so that is one week now with no sim.

They told my dad a few weeks ago that he was getting a free 3 pay simcard with his upgrade. It never arrived. :mad:

It is yet to arrive. When they were upgrading me, I said I didn't think the n73 was worth €149 so they agreed to reduce it to €99 which involved me getting an €50 credit to my account but the phone going through as €149. They just called me there to say that the credit had been applied and I asked when the sim would come. They said today or tomorrow. I ordered the upgrade on the 25th June so that is one week now with no sim.
    Cheers Terontress and Bond, my bro had the same problem, they told him they would send one and they never did.
    The clock is running now, he called on 1-7 for another simcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Generally it will take about a week to get the sim pack, unforunately they dont come with the upgrade phone. They post them out seperately and you know the state of the irish post system. Took over a month for a letter to get to me, it was sent from 8 miles away.

Advertisement