Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dual Monitor advice...

• 30-06-2007 6:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

Quick question for those smarter than me at this stuff round here...

I'm looking to buy a couple of 19" Monitors, for a dual screen setup. Currently I use a 21 Dell CRT and its nice and all but I want more desktop real estate. Now I haven't got a lot of cash to spend on this project - about 300 or a little over is as far as I can go.

So I was looking around using the usual suspects dabs and komplett and shortlisted the following - mainly becuase they're the cheapest!!

BenQ FP92E - TFT - 19" - 1280 x 1024
    Dabs Value 19" Widescreen TFT 1400x900
    Acer 19" LCD AL1916WAs TCO99 Monitor, Widescreen, Silver/Black, 500:1

Now I like the idea of two widesreen displays sitting on my desk but I like the idea of the higher resolution on the non widescreen ones...
    I'm gonna use them for a bit of web design, app coding, internet browsing and I game a bit.
    What do you folks think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

i have a Acer AL1916W here alongside the medion 19" lcd (two seperate comps side by side) and i have to say i find it a great monitor. mate of mine also uses it for gaming (i dont run games on the box the acer is hooked up to) and found it great for it. so vote +1 for dual acers

Advertisement