Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Couch ruined?

Options
  • 30-06-2007 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi, apologies if this is not the correct forum to post this in but it is the closest i could find.
    My problem is we were doing a spring clean today and i put a liquid air freshener on the couch while the floor was being cleaned. It must have been there for about 3 hours but when i was taking everything back off the couch the freshener had spilled out a bit (it is quite thick liquid). The couch is an ox blood colour and the area where the freshener spilt the colour has been removed. I have attached a pic of the section where it happened. I dont think its insured or anything, I was just wondering is there anything you can get to cover it over or does the whole area have to be replaced?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Some leather dye perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

i think leather polish will do the job for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

The stain looks like a little alien to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Can't help you with the fix. Had a similar thing happen in my car,used a vent freshner which leaked and melted the vent and some buttons underneath,which inturn broke the Ac unit. it's strong stuff whatever they use in them. It looks like it's taken the dye off the sofa, so the leather dye suggestion may be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

masterK wrote:
    The stain looks like a little alien to me.

lol that is what I thought,

sorry I cant help about the stain though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 elainec

Try the above company. I called them out last month to repair a rip in our leather couch and the guy did a brilliant job. No sign of the rip and matched the colour to perfection.

It was about a three week lead time before they could fit us in but they arrived out to the house will all their kit and did a brilliant job.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement