Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting recipes for low Protein diet for PKU sufferers

Options
  • 30-06-2007 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

I just moved into a new house and found that 2 of the people I am living with (brothers) have PKU (Phenylketonuria). PKU is a inherited genetic condition inability to break down excess amounts of the amino acid phenylalanine (Phe).
    Long story short they cant eat protein in anything than very small quantities.

Anyone know where I can find some low protein diet recipes?

btw, I already know about PKU.com, ntxPKU.org and PKUexchange.co.uk but I was hoping for something better as they seem to have very basic and non original.

P.S: after posting this in food & drink I thought this forum might be of help too, sorry for thr duplicate mods

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

Hey Dara,

Sorry for the late reply but I only noticed your post today.

I don't know if you have seen any good recipes but I know a site that might be of help.

I have PKU too and sometime use the recipes listed. Let me know if you find it of any use.

The site is: http://www.pkuboard.info/board.php?boardid=6

Good luck!

Advertisement