Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live Connection

• 30-06-2007 8:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭

Just got the wireless adapter for the 360 today.

No problems finding or connecting to my wireless network in the house.

But when I run "Test Xbox Live Connection" in the Network Settings, as soon as it gets to Xbox Live, it tells me, "An update is available for your console from Xbox Live." When I confirm to update, it then fails. It says "Can't download the update. Please test your connection in System Network Settings and try again."

So when I go to test my connection, it gets as far as Xbox Live again and then the update pops up again.

If I don't confirm the update, it automatically signs me out of Xbox Live

Does anyone know anyway of overcoming this... it's drving me insane!!!!

Thanks,
    Red

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Have you opened ports 88 and 3074 in your router?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

As far as I know, all ports on my router should be open.

I have no neighbours so I have no security on my router.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

What router are you using?

Netopia with Eircom Broadband

Afaik the Netopia has a built-in firewall. Setting it's security level to low might solve the problem but I'm not so sure that would be wise. I've no experience with Eircom though so I can't really give advice. You could try it temporally and see if it works, I guess. I'm not sure what a long-term solution would be. Maybe someone with Eircom can help.

In any case, I had this exact same problem when trying to connect to xbox live via my imac's wireless connection. In that case adjusting the firewall settings fixed it.

• Advertisement

adjusting the firewall settings fixed it.

Yeah, that got it done.... thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Turnip2000

Im having the exact problem. How does one go about opening ports? m thinking thats my problem because ive disabled and allowed and everything else with my firewalls. Anyone able to help me please??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

Turnip2000 wrote:
    Im having the exact problem. How does one go about opening ports? m thinking thats my problem because ive disabled and allowed and everything else with my firewalls. Anyone able to help me please??

I would also like to know this as it seems to be causing me a few problems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

When you go to the router settings for adjusting the firewall settings there is the NAT setting at the bottom or to the side depending on the software.

Open the drop down list and select Xbox Live for your NAT setting. It should work after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

i'm having the same problem trying to download the update.i connect to my router with the ethernet connection but it keeps failing the update.anyone know how to fix it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement