Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I just don't get it..

Options
  • 30-06-2007 9:02pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭

Heading from Limerick to Cork this afternoon and came across a Megane reversing towards Limerick because it had missed the turnoff for Cork.

This isn't the first time I've seen a muppet reverse after missing their turn. In fact at work someone said when were talking about this "well what I do is...." thus implying that they do it often enought to have drafted a policy :rolleyes:

In fairness the signs are clear and large...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

I've seen this a few times, this is the kind of stupidity that causes serious accidents.

Last week on the m50 I saw a car fully stopped in the outside lane indicating left to switch to the inside lane. I thought perhaps there was a problem with the car and they were going to pull into the hard shoulder, which wasn't the case, they continued on ahead of me for ten minutes before taking their exit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Seen same in Limerick on the south ring she missed the slip for N24 and reversed backwards causing a truck to go wide to miss!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

I saw a lady in a red car driving on the fast lane on the Ballincollig Bypass in Cork.....................going in the wrong direction!!!!!!!!!

But SHE had the decency to stick her hazard lights on while doing it!! :D

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

techie wrote:

But SHE had the decency to stick her hazard lights on while doing it!! :D

Probably still on from when she parked in a disabled spot whilst "nipping in" to get her hair done. ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

techie wrote:
    I saw a lady in a red car driving on the fast lane on the Ballincollig Bypass in Cork.....................going in the wrong direction!!!!!!!!!
    She was keeping left!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Nephew wrote:
    I saw a car fully stopped in the outside lane indicating left to switch to the inside lane
    techie wrote:
    I saw a lady in a red car driving on the fast lane
    Yes, it's almost as bad as referring to lanes as outside, inside, fast, slow etc. :p

What's wrong with LEFT lane, CENTRE, lane, RIGHT lane? Simple, plain, clear, etc. ;)

Advertisement