Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CMS with user submissions?

Options
  • 30-06-2007 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a CMS that allows user submissions? Ideally I'd like something that would allow an administrator to approve posts before they go live. It would need to be able to do image uploads too.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

www.joomla.org - excellent user submissions. Not sure about image upload but I'm sure you can get an extension for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Thanks - it doesn't seem to support user image uploads out of the box and I'm not seeing anything simple that adds that feature to the "add news" page.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

squibs wrote:
    Thanks - it doesn't seem to support user image uploads out of the box and I'm not seeing anything simple that adds that feature to the "add news" page.
    Look for Joomla Extensions. I searched for "upload image" and got 375 results.

It's the beauty of open source and online communities - people are always writing and publishing enhancements. Very often they are free - it's an ego boost when your code is used by others.

Advertisement