Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dodging vrt?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

did the merc owner do something to p!ss you off??!!

you should just leave them to their own fate - what comes around, goes around!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Move along,nothing of interest here.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

j2dab wrote:
    Stealing from us? prices would not go down if everybody paid it. How do you consider is stealing?
    Look up the word 'society' in a dictionary.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭j2dab

Yeah, lets form a group to rat on every yellow reg in the country, we have nothing better to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

What an idea. I could make a website where members can post pic's of foreign reg's and state how long it has been around their area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

land9 wrote:
    did the merc owner do something to p!ss you off??!!
    Yes, they could afford a better car than the original poster.

FX Meister wrote:
    Yes, they could afford a better car than the original poster.

Ya and it was a bluey purple colour. I can't afford to have mine resprayed to match. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Isn't VRT just legal theft from the general public by the government :) . It was ment to be abolished years ago I thought when we join the EU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

tuxy wrote:
    Ya and it was a bluey purple colour. I can't afford to have mine resprayed to match. :(
    No worries so love, maybe the boyfriend would chip in to have your car resprayed for you.
    I guess what I should have said was tuxy is pissed off that she paid more for the same car.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Stark

FX Meister wrote:
    No worries so love, maybe the boyfriend would chip in to have your car resprayed for you.
    I guess what I should have said was tuxy is pissed off that she paid more for the same car.

lol.

• Advertisement

Why should I have to pay more for the same car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

i smell jealousy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

get a life. i bet your the peering out from the curtain type to see what the jones are up to :rolleyes:

Ugh , damn nerdlingers

tuxy wrote:
    Why should I have to pay more for the same car?

Nobody is forcing you to , if you want try dodge VRT aswell instead of complaining, if not shut the hell up and mind your own business

C_Breeze wrote:
    Nobody is forcing you to , if you want try dodge VRT aswell instead of complaining, if not shut the hell up and mind your own business

I don't think you are allowed condone illegal activity on this board. But I'm not 100% sure.
    As for the personal abuse, I will let that go this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Oh Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz

:p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Are you a bit of a busybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

C_Breeze wrote:
    As has been previously explained in fairly simple terms, it is his business. Might I ask which part you don't understand? Perhaps someone will explain to you it in even more simple terms than has already been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Personally, I think the OP is getting a hard time here.

Why should someone who obeys the law have to pay more for their car than someone who breaks the law? And before everyone jumps on this - whether you agree with the VRT system in this country or not, it IS current legislation. If you dont agree with it (and I don't either) then take up the issue with your local TD - breaking the law because you dont agree with it is a cop-out.
    The OP is perfectly entitled to contact whoever he/she wishes on this issue, without being subjected to personal abuse on this board.

Also, think about if the OP's post pertained to insurance - those that drive around uninsured screw everyone else who goes to the trouble of insuring their car. The same could be said about vrt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

why aould you want to report them? it's none of your business and for all you know the person who owns it might have a residence in the UK!

• Advertisement

steve06 wrote:
    why aould you want to report them? it's none of your business and for all you know the person who owns it might have a residence in the UK!

Who said anything about uk plates? :confused:

steve06 wrote:
    why aould you want to report them? it's none of your business

Others might disagree.....

Exactly,

they may have a valid reason (re-issue of the V5 or difficulty obtaining permanent export cert etc)

they may be residents in the UK and travel over every so often

either way .. Stop being such nosey busy-body curtain twicthing nerdlingers .. if you feel so strongly about this "injustice" why dont you confront them personally and ask about the circumstances regarding the UK plates .

*sigh* have people nothin better to be doin these days :rolleyes:

PS> Anan1 , your always on my case so i wont bother, because anything i say you'll just try shoot down

C_Breeze wrote:

either way .. Stop being such nosey busy-body curtain twicthing nerdlingers .. if you feel so strongly about this "injustice" why dont you confront them personally and ask about the circumstances regarding the UK plates .

*sigh* have people nothin better to be doin these days :rolleyes:

If the OP feels so strongly about this "injustice" as is their perogative, why should they confront them personally?? People in the VRO office are being paid to do this.

gyppo wrote:
    If the OP feels so strongly about this "injustice" as is their perogative, why should they confront them personally?? People in the VRO office are being paid to do this.
    because if there's a valid reason for the plates being there... then all the OP is gonna do is cause embarrassment and harassment for the car owner. Personally if I was the owner and I found out someone had done that to me I'd sue them for stalking and get a restraining order, weather I had a valid reason for the plates or not!

steve06 wrote:
    because if there's a valid reason for the plates being there... then all the OP is gonna do is cause embarrassment and harassment for the car owner. Personally if I was the owner and I found out someone had done that to me I'd sue them for stalking and get a restraining order, weather I had a valid reason for the plates or not!

Why would you be embarrased if there was nothing wrong and you had a valid reason?? Personally, it would'nt bother me if I had nothing to hide.
    On the other hand, if I was trying to evade vrt, I'd be mightily pissed off.

How could you sue them, and for what grounds?? Ringing a state agency because you genuinely suspect a crime has been committed is not an offence.

well I'd consider it stalking and harassment if someone phoned the police on me for nothing... the OP should just ask them if they have a problem!

And it would be embarrasing if customs officers turned up at your door, with neighbours watching!

This thread is pathetic.... nosy people mind your own business.

steve06 wrote:
    well I'd consider it stalking and harassment if someone phoned the police on me for nothing... the OP should just ask them if they have a problem!
    So would I if it was done on malicious grounds. However, if there was a genuine concern on the part of the OP then I'd say fair enough.
    Again, why should the OP have to ask the person directly and perhaps get nothing but abuse for their trouble - the point is that there are people employed in state agencies to ask these questions.
    steve06 wrote:
    And it would be embarrasing if customs officers turned up at your door, with neighbours watching!
    Agreed. But, if there was nothing to hide, they would probably be on their way in 5/10 minutes - show over.
    steve06 wrote:
    This thread is pathetic.... nosy people mind your own business.
    Tax dodging is everyones business.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The Revenue rely heavily on tip offs from the public on other taxes. Why should VRT be any different?

• Advertisement

The Revenue rely heavily on tip offs from the public on other taxes. Why should VRT be any different?
    Because it's a stealth tax that goes against european union policies.

Advertisement