Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone here rush through an Eircom Bb connection.

Options
  • 01-07-2007 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

I got a Eircom Bb starter pack last week, Sunday and am still waiting to get connected. Does anyone on here work for Eircom and hurry my connection through. I rang Eircom yesterday and the guy said it should be up for the 10th of July, that's too far away for my liking.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Unless you've been waiting over a month or are a business customers who's business relies on broadband for credit card machine etc, then no, you'll have to wait until 10th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

That's about how long it usually takes. You should receive your router soon enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

OP. You should be lucky youre getting it on July 10th !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I had a 4 week wait from when i ordered to being "switched on at the exchange "..and this was after them telling me it would be 10 working days when i called them after i received my eircom back (approx 7 days from order )
    You are doing well mate .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

But I've my Netopia router already, I bought it in Dixons for 9.99. Just need to be connected now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

But I've my Netopia router already, I bought it in Dixons for 9.99. Just need to be connected now.

Unless things have changed recently, you get a router from eircom automatically when you order one of their eircom BB packages, unless it's different for the starter pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Did you ring the number Dixon's gave you?

Yeah, put through to some Eircom guy, and said i'll have to wait. Surely can can flicka switch and I'm online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Yeah, put through to some Eircom guy, and said i'll have to wait. Surely can can flicka switch and I'm online.

Doesn't work like that...sorry... I actually requires an engineer to visit the exchange....

Then they would be just driving to exchanges all day every day. Is this really the case? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Grommet

yes it is the case - unless you happen to move into a house where the previous owner had DSL already - in that case, the line is probably already wired for DSL.

In the normal case, you will need to have your phone line jumpered across to the DSLAM - eircom does have technicians doing this every day at most exchanges, but as they get a few thousand orders a week, they have a standard 10 day order period. I understand that about 90% of the time, they deliver within the 10 days.

I would keep your modem plugged into the line and check it every day - you might see the sync light come on before the 10th that will tell you that you are ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

In my case, my local exchange is not permanently manned and it took 28 days to connect... lack of free ports I was told... and that was after lots of calls to Eircom. Finally I got a hold of someone in charge of job scheduling and they escalated it as I was waiting for so long.
    Hope you have better luck that me.

I wait in hope. Gonna try see if it's working tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ComputerMad

just rang Eircom and got a different sales rep and she said that the tests are run every 4 weeks, then i asked when was the last time mine was done all she would say was more than 4 weeks ago and should be due another test shortly!

After all my moaning, I finally got Bb at home, wahoo. Screw you July 10th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Nice one neuromancer. Your perseverance paid off. Well done.

Advertisement