Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Down For Large Periods Of Time?

Options
  • 01-07-2007 1:39am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭

During the last few days I can rarely get onto this site, I always get a connection error. My emails have also stopped arriving. Is it just me or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Nope, same here. A refresh normally does the trick. I assume it still has to do with the announcement that was there a few days ago (can't remember what it said but mentioned about instability).
    Who is your internet provider?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Refreshing does not help me here - Im with BT Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Change your nameservers to opendns's nameservers and the issue should disappear.
    www.opendns.com

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Er, why should I exactly do that? It is ok to do?...

Right - All BT users having issues, ring up BT and tell them you are having issues connecting and they will give you different DNS settings. It seems their DNS servers are buggered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Thats why I suggested OpenDNS

Asok wrote:
    Thats why I suggested OpenDNS
    Thanks for the suggestion anyway.:)

Advertisement