Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will my house sell in this current market?

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

I think the moral of the story is as previously posted... you only need one buyer... im in a position to buy myself and will definitly be holding out for prices to come down more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

From no offers to sold in just under two months at a decent price.

That's very bloody good. Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Very interesting and informative thread. Well done the the OP :D
    I forsee private selling getting very popular in this country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Uuuh Patsy

ASTA20 wrote:
    hI ALL
    just a quick update , we sold the house sale closed last monday we got 285000 for it fully furnished .we sold privately so it cost us 610euros for a premuim ad on daft ,the second viewer was the buyer ,now owner of the house .
    just to say selling can be done in this market and privately too. while i was selling prices dropped around me but we got close enough to what we wanted anyway .we got to know the people during the sale ,it was a very personal expeience to sell this way and we've been at the house since collecting letters and we know their very happy in it.

final word maybe it was a case of right place right time i don't know, but sellers remember you only need one buyer. And buyers buy in the price range you can afford and find the house you like in that range .

thats all thanks everyone for your opinions .

Isnt it amazing how all the doomsayers seem to shut up when somebody bucks their trend. "You'll never sell, drop the price and so on ...". Fair play to you. I'll be selling mine in the near future and will be taking a leaf out of your book. Delighted to see EAs not getting a penny from you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

eh hate to be the one to point out your misplaced smugness there buddy but the OP did accept a lower offer than asking and they sold the house as a result or am I missing something here ?????????

congrats to the OP btw

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Congrats to the OP for selling. I'm glad you didn't decide to hold out for the market to start increasing again as I fear you would have had a long wait. I hope you get your medical issues sorted soon and recover well.

I'd be very interested in reading about your experience as a home seller if you get the chance to start a thread about it. I have doubts about how well an estate agent who's entire work experience has been during a boom can sell in a decline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Uuuh Patsy wrote:
    Isnt it amazing how all the doomsayers seem to shut up when somebody bucks their trend. "You'll never sell, drop the price and so on ...". Fair play to you. I'll be selling mine in the near future and will be taking a leaf out of your book. Delighted to see EAs not getting a penny from you.

Just because there is a ray of light doesn't meant the room isn't generally dark, I don't take pleasure in a slump but I haven't enough feather to look good with my head in the sand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

miju wrote:
    eh hate to be the one to point out your misplaced smugness there buddy but the OP did accept a lower offer than asking and they sold the house as a result or am I missing something here ?????????

your previous post
    miju wrote:
    if thats as low as you can go then you in all seriousness you may not sell your house. projected falls for the year if current figures are drawn out is around the 8-9% mark given what you paid for it you may well be better off taking a slightly less profit than no profit at all if it doesnt sell at the current price and houses around you drop more widening the gap so to speak.

She wanted 290,000 on the first post. She got 285,000, so it was a drop of 1.7%. She did pretty well in fairness and a lot better than your 8-9% prediction. Well done O.P. for not listening to the doomsdayers. To be honest, you did better than I thought you would too. Congrats and good luck with the medical treatments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Afuera

She wanted 290,000 on the first post. She got 285,000, so it was a drop of 1.7%. She did pretty well in fairness and a lot better than your 8-9% prediction. Well done O.P. for not listening to the doomsdayers. To be honest, you did better than I thought you would too. Congrats and good luck with the medical treatments.
    I echo the best wishes to the OP and congratulate them on securing the sale so quickly. I think that revising their expectations was the key to securing this though as well as including the furniture, fixtures and fittings in the price. If they hadn't listened to the doomsayers, I'm not sure they would have secured a sale here at all...
    ASTA20 wrote:
    i won't have much profit if 280000 is all i can get ,i'll be staying put for now the conclusion we've come to is that 288000-290000 is as low as we can go

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

the post you quoted from me merely served to show my post was bang on the money. I didn't say the OP had to drop their price 8-9% I said she should consider taking slightly less profit to secure a quick sale. The OP done this and got a quick sale so happy days for the OP.

The 8-9% in my post was falls projected for end of the year which is so far not looking like its going to be too far off the mark given the anecdotal evidence that price falls are accelerating.

next time try not to jump the gun and read peoples posts properly :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement