Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLIS - Librarian

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Alanpartridge

Yup, exactly the same problem for me. I'd say go over to the library building in UCD as soon as you can and ask for advice. That's what I'm doing tomorrow.
    I would but im in westmeath at the moment, travelling up to belfield isnt doable for me tomorrow at all!!:(
    I emailed the admin office and told them im was having bother, but as of yet no reply...
    Ive only half registered at this point...im afraid im going to miss out on decent modules if i dont get to do it soon:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 cazzywazzy

Hi all,

im interested in doing this next year prob the hdip in ucd. Im just wondering is entry into this difficult? Besides work experience in the area is there anything else thats beneficial to have when applying? Is the application process straightforward..is it just send in application..or is there an interview involved also? also if there are any previous graduates of this course..have you found gaining employment fairly easy afterwards?

any feedback would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

I would but im in westmeath at the moment, travelling up to belfield isnt doable for me tomorrow at all!!:(
    I emailed the admin office and told them im was having bother, but as of yet no reply...
    Ive only half registered at this point...im afraid im going to miss out on decent modules if i dont get to do it soon:eek:

Oops, my bad. It seems like everyone's so getting used to their surroundings...except liddle ol' me who only arrived yesterday. Still, I'll let you know what they tell me tomorrow...sit tight! :D

cazzywazzy wrote: »
    Hi all,

im interested in doing this next year prob the hdip in ucd. Im just wondering is entry into this difficult? Besides work experience in the area is there anything else thats beneficial to have when applying? Is the application process straightforward..is it just send in application..or is there an interview involved also? also if there are any previous graduates of this course..have you found gaining employment fairly easy afterwards?

Hiya cazzywazzy...

Speaking from a >Masters< point of view, the application is fairly straightforward: no interviews; just filling out the application forms provided on the web. I imagine it's the same with the HDip. What's beneficial when applying? In my experience, it's got to be really good results. Try to aim for as high an honours in your degree as you can.

Good luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 sheepeyes

I'm having the same problem picking my electives.....having my panic about the course now, have no idea what modules to pick, where I'm going Monday....anyone else in the same boat? :P I've emailed Claire but no response so far.

• Advertisement

sheepeyes wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem picking my electives.....having my panic about the course now, have no idea what modules to pick, where I'm going Monday....anyone else in the same boat? :P I've emailed Claire but no response so far.

Clarie will be holding an hour-long briefing session at 9:00am on Monday in SILS 107 for all us bewildered students (and the savvy ones as well, so they don't feel left out :p). I'm sure many problems shall be solved there, so don't panic!

Here's the email:

Dear Student,

As requested, please find attached a copy of the timetable. Included in it are details of locations of rooms for Semester One at the end of the page. If you require any assistance with the location of any rooms or buildings, please let me know.

Also, please note that the Monday morning class Archive Sustainability in Libraries, 9-11am, for this coming 7th September is cancelled. The class will be continuing as normal the next week. I am therefore holding a one hour briefing session for all Postgraduate Students on Monday morning at 10am in Room 107, where I will speak for approximately half an hour, and then answer any questions you may have about your programme.

I look forward to seeing you then, and hope that your online registration, which opens today, is going smoothly.

Kind regards,

Ms Claire Nolan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 sheepeyes

Thanks a lot Nahbios, now I just have to figure out how to find the room :P I find the module picking bewildering to be honest, I'm not sure what the best ones to pick (if there *are* any best ones), adding up credits, levels.........I've overloaded myself with information too late at night I think!

Dave (Alanpartridge) and sheepeyes: I've discovered how to select the remaining modules. What you do is this:

- Scroll back up the page to something that you've chosen from the Technical or Management modules.

- Under "Action", click "Drop/Swap".

- In the new window, click beside "Drop the module(s) specified and replace with:".

- From the drop-down menu, select the module code of the electives you'd like to study (or are choosing just to make up the 90 credits!).

- Tell the system that you're sure.

- Find the module selected on the refreshed registration page.

- Re-select the Technical/Management module.

- Rinse, lather, repeat as necessary. :cool:

(Hope that makes sense.)

Dave (Alanpartridge) and sheepeyes: I've discovered how to select the remaining modules. What you do is this:

- Scroll back up the page to something that you've chosen from the Technical or Management modules.

- Under "Action", click "Drop/Swap".

- In the new window, click beside "Drop the module(s) specified and replace with:".

- From the drop-down menu, select the module code of the electives you'd like to study (or are choosing just to make up the 90 credits!).

- Tell the system that you're sure.

- Find the module selected on the refreshed registration page.

- Re-select the Technical/Management module.

- Rinse, lather, repeat as necessary. :cool:

(Hope that makes sense.)
    Cheers Siobhan,
    That did the trick! I am now a registered student at UCD!! now i just have to find the money to pay for it!!!

cazzywazzy wrote: »
    Hi all,

Hi , from my experience it wasnt a big problem getting entry to this...I did a BA degree and got a 2.1. i worked for 4 months in an academic library and got a good reference from the head librarian there to back up my application. It was just a matter of filling in the forms, no interview required. The Hdip has a lot more to the application process (i also got offered this this year but chose library school instead!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

Hi, just to clarify, this is on at ten am, not nine am, as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 cazzywazzy

Nahbios and alanpartridge...thanks for that!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MetalDawg

Anyone else having trouble logging on to the Blackboard survey for Weaving the Web, or is it just me?:o

Oh no...another nine months of post-graduate gestation. :eek:

Advertisement