Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia Wirless modem

Options
  • 01-07-2007 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

I have a new Netopia 2247NWG wirless modem.
    Currently I am using the originally supplied Zyxtel 600 modem (BT) but would like to replace it with the new one.
    I am reluctant to change without some advice as to the difficulty re. passwords and settings.
    Is it as simple as removing to Zyxtel 600, loading the software for the Netopia and plugging in the DSL and Ethernet connections.
    The advantage with the replacement that son would be able to use wirless laptop when he visits.
    Thanks for any advice that can be offered.
    I am reluctant to try and fix something that works very well at present. !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

If you're an eircom customer, plugging the Netopia in will usually work with no need to adjust settings.

If you're with BT, seeing as you were supplied with their device, you may need to change the settings on the Netopia: username and password. Also, eircom's Netopia has wi-fi enabled, using WEP encryption, by default. Be sure to change this to WPA and change the encryption key also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Connect up the Netopia and open Internet Explorer. In the address bar enter http://192.168.1.254 and that will get you into the router config page. The first page you should see is the user/password page. Delete the Eircom ones and enter your BT username/password. Then click connect.
    Thats it. No other settings need to be changed.

Advertisement