Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Registering many phones ?

• 01-07-2007 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Hi I was just wondering. I'm with vodafone pay as you go and when you register a new phone you have purchased from them you get €10 of credit for 6 months.
    If I buy another phone after 3 months and register that will I get €20 of credit for a few months?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

The registration is done by sim card, not phone, IIRC, so each sim will get €10 credit a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I know that.
    But what I want to know is if I register two phones in a short space of time
    will I get €20 a month for a while?
    Or should I wait for 6 months then register the second phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭wba88

yes AFAIK you can register every 30 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

In my experience it treats each registration seperately, if you logon to the voda site you can check each registration and how many payments of €10 you have left. I had three running at one stage all connected to the same number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

tuxy wrote:
    I know that.
    But what I want to know is if I register two phones in a short space of time
    will I get €20 a month for a while?
    Or should I wait for 6 months then register the second phone.

Wait until the original registration credit is complete. They wont give you double credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

The credits will be put in pending status, you can register every 30 days, but can never get more than 1 upgrade credit per month, ie never more than a tenner per month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

yapyap wrote:
    Wait until the original registration credit is complete. They wont give you double credit.
    I thought the same and then I did it and was recieving 20eur per month for 4 or 5 months. This would have been around Christmas - unless they've changed it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

They will not start giving you the credit on the new upgrade until the credit on the earlier phone has all been applied. You will never receive €20 in a single month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Sooo many conflicting posts :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

On Vodafone, I went about registering a second handset and it didn't allow me. Like what kind of idiots do you think Vodafone are? Some people would like to register a bag of handsets and never pay for any top-up. Vodafone have to make a living too!

With O2, they stack up the credits

• Advertisement

yapyap wrote:
    On Vodafone, I went about registering a second handset and it didn't allow me. Like what kind of idiots do you think Vodafone are? Some people would like to register a bag of handsets and never pay for any top-up. Vodafone have to make a living too!

You have already decided to buy a phone from Vodafone and also decided to stay with them, by using the upgrade credits on their network, so it's not like Vodafone is losing out here... Not letting you register your second handset is just blatant customer-hostility.

Meteor is even worse: if you register a new handset before the old credits are applied, you lose out on the remaining credits fromt the first phone. Once again an example of Irish daylight robbery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I hope the Irish networks soon do SIM-only deals like some of the networks in Germany, where you get a significant discount if you provide your own handset.

That would stop this argument once and for all. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭sparkulicous

flodis79 wrote:
    You have already decided to buy a phone from Vodafone and also decided to stay with them, by using the upgrade credits on their network, so it's not like Vodafone is losing out here... Not letting you register your second handset is just blatant customer-hostility.

Of course Vodafone are losing out here. Their losing the price of the handset. The handsets are heavily subsidised by Vodafone and if the customer is not spending any money on the network then the company is making a loss!!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

They will not start giving you the credit on the new upgrade until the credit on the earlier phone has all been applied. You will never receive €20 in a single month.

I received credit on 4 June and 30 june from two upgrades and this has been happening on a monthly basis since january.

Of course Vodafone are losing out here. Their losing the price of the handset. The handsets are heavily subsidised by Vodafone and if the customer is not spending any money on the network then the company is making a loss!!

They lose out on the handset price alright, but the phones are heavily subsidised when bought in bulk by Voda, o2, Meteor etc. The revenue they get when you are spending money on their network compensates for the handset loss more than well. By giving alot of creit phased out over several months, they make sure you stay with the network and spend even more money with them. This brings real revenue for the network.

How come Vodafone, which is bigger than o2, restricts the credits, but not o2? There is something else behind it = Irish rip-off culture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

yes i had experience with o2 and they said yes you can register as many as you like with not time limit but we can give you only 10€ each month and once first 80€ finish then we'll start next and so on and so far. but you can not get 20€ for two update or 30€ for three upgrade at same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

tuxy wrote:
    Sooo many conflicting posts :(

:D Reminds me of "ask the audience"

For what its worth, I had 4 vodafone upgrades all dropping in €10 per month into my account for a while, but I know for a fact that O2 do not allow it. With O2 you can register as many as you want, but it just drops in €10 per month regardless of how many upgrades you register, so in theory if you have 4 phones with €10 a month for 8 months, it will run for 32 months where Vodafone will add the credit 4 times a month to your sim card.

Only thing is, each registration on Vodafone has to be 30 days apart, so if you did 4, you would have

Month 1: €10
    Month 2: €20
    Month 3: €30
    Month 4: €40
    Month 5: €40
    Month 6: €40
    Month 7: €40
    Month 8: €40
    Month 9: €30
    Month 10: €20
    Month 11: €10

Advertisement