Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cricket Breeder/Supplier in North Dublin

Options
  • 01-07-2007 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

does anyone know where there is a Cricket Breeder/Supplier in North Dublin?
    i need to get crickets to feed a bearded dragon and i figure it would be cheaper to but from a breeder in bulk!

please help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

Wackers on Parnell Street have them, maybe you can ask them if you can get a discount if you buy enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 wallzy234

yes wackers in donaghmede have them too but im curious cause i hear bearded dragons eat about 20 crix a day or more and i was wondering how many you get in a box as i dont want to be going to get crix everyday as it would cost alot of money and effort if theres only about 20 crix in a box!

please help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I feed my 3 beardies 1 box of crickets every other day with a salad every day - so 1 beardie would eat 2-3 boxes of crickets a week.

Also add a few mealworms to the salad once or twice a week & give them the occassional wax worm.

is there not around 100 crix in a box?
    do they really eat 100 crix a day?

wallzy234 wrote:
    is there not around 100 crix in a box?
    do they really eat 100 crix a day?

There's about 40 crickets in a box. You could also feed them cockroaches, you could start up your own colony, they're cheaper, cleaner, you need less of them and they're not noisy like those damn crickets!
    Also, if a cricket escapes the box you're stuck with a noisy rogue cricket in your house for a few days, whereas if a cockroach escapes it'll die pretty quickly.

• Advertisement

hmm thats weird i called up Reptile Heaven and they said there were about 100 crix in a box of small crix (size 2 they said)

wallzy234 wrote:
    hmm thats weird i called up Reptile Heaven and they said there were about 100 crix in a box of small crix (size 2 they said)

Oh yeah, I wasn't really thinking about the size, just said 40 as that's how many we get in a box, no idea what size number they are though.

ok thanks well im still unsure if i should get a beardie!

on average how many boxes of crix a week would you have to get?

would 2 a week be ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I would get 2-3 for a hatching - all depends on how many the beardie eats etc - remember to dust the bugs & if you add tropical fish flakes & some fruit they will be gut loaded & much more nutritious for your beardies.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

why not go for desert iguana,,, there tottaly vegitarian and make great pets when they tame down

look them up there latin name is dipsosauraus dorallias sry might have spelled it slightly wrong

• Advertisement

nah if im getting anything its gonna be a beardie!

Advertisement