Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia GF using omega drivers?

Options
  • 01-07-2007 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭

anyone use omega drivers on an nvidia card? i've got a 7600gt, and don't really have any issues... but i used omega drivers instead of catalyst when i had an ATi card. some of the comparison pics on the omega website show some slight improvements on the AA side, but not much more... is it worth switching drivers or does it really matter on nvidia cards?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Doesn't really matter the purpose of custom drivers like Omega really diminished in usage when the ATI & NVIDIA allowed the various optimizations to be enabled/disabled within their drivers & the tweaks made outside that are not worth it.

If you want better image quality in game just set the texture filter in the games profile from quality to high quality and that will turn of the optimizations NVIDIA uses in GeForce 7 & below series (GeForce 8 series does not need this as IQ at default setting is on par if not better than HQ setting for GF6/7).

Advertisement