Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Name this road (vid)

Options
  • 01-07-2007 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

Where is this road ? (in Ireland)

I'd love to give this a go on a motorbike or in a "classic" Mini instead of the lumbering motorhome

...and before anyone asks. I was driving (LHD) with both hands on the wheel and full concetration on the road:D . The vid was shot from the passenger side by the passenger.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Id hedge a guess its in the Wicklow mountains somewhere, but it could be anywhere. The west of Ireland is full of great driving roads, and most importantly, devoid of heavy traffic.

See attached, small pic of an interesting road I photo'ed in Donegal..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Well ...it ain't wickla

At about 0.34 in the vid at the top left corner there's a giveway.
    Anyone who's ever been on that road will remember seeing it at the side of it.

It's a National road btw ...100 km/h limit and all that

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It looks familiar alright but I give up.
    Is that a tractor you are driving? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Kerry???

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Andrewf20 wrote:
    See attached, small pic of an interesting road I photo'ed in Donegal..
    Obviously the road shifted in the bog slide. :D

• Advertisement

The giveaway that you can't really see is a "statue of liberty" about 2 meters high, painted in garish green, right by the side of the road (some American must live there)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'd guess N59 or N71.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

peasant wrote:
    At about 0.34 in the vid at the top left corner there's a giveway
    Looks a bit like a miniature Statue of Liberty! Doesn't help me in the slighest!

EDIT: Sorry peasant - I posted before reading your post! I was too busy rewinding and reviewing the clip.

HERE

travelling N to S, just after you cross the river/inlet , the bit that goes alongside it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

peasant wrote:
    HERE

travelling N to S, just after you cross the river/inlet , the bit that goes alongside it
    So who's the American living there?

• Advertisement

Haven't got the foggiest.

but going by all the naff decorations outside the house (besides the statue of liberty and the feckin big stars and stripes flying in the wind), I reckon that he/she would be somebody with interests that don't really match mine ...hence no desire on my behalf to become acquainted :D

Advertisement