Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia N95 GPS Problems

• 01-07-2007 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

I got an N95 there recently and for the first day or two the Maps and GPS worked fine. Then, 2 days later, when I went to load the Maps application, it loaded to 30% on the globe, then reset to the standby screen. So I updated the firmware to the new V11. It worked that night, then the next morning, back to the original problem.

Its wrecking my head. Everything else works fine on the phone. I went out and bought a memory card cuz i thought that it wasnt working because of that but nothing has changed. When i load up maploader on my computer it says:
    "no storage medium detected.... Remember that you need to use the Maps application at least once with your device or memory card before using Nokia Map Loader"
    and the Maps application loads to 30% then back to standby screen.

Has anybody any ideas what to do or what could fix this??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Backup

input *#7073# for a hard reset

12345 for lock key if asked

then start from scratch

Inqui

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭massivemagumbos

so this will basically restart my phone? do u know if this will affect the warranty or is it done all the time? i just dont wannt burn any bridges but i just wanna get it fixed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

It would probably be the first thing the repair people would try anyway so no, it wont brake your warranty.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

route 66 FTW

have it up and running on the internal gps

no data charges.

*#7073# doesnt do anything on my phone, even says "request not confirmed"

so i went into settings > general > restore factory settings

let u know if it helps, gotta try it out

• Advertisement

nope, didnt help, still the same problem...

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

*#7370#

Sry my bad, this is the code

Inqui

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Slightly off topic.....but my N76 has a GPS menu but it says nowhere on the web that it supports this and hence I cant get it to work anyone know anything about it?

Advertisement