Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New car!!

Options
  • 01-07-2007 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

got a Bmw 318is, 1998 with full history+leather for 7.5k. just wondering Wat now? What Induction kit? wat oil to feed her? was thinkin of iridium plugs too? are they worth it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭mondymike

In all her beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭OKenora

good luck with the new motor, looks nice and clean.

Personally for air filters I prefer BMC ones. Too many rumours of K+N losing their oil and ruining MAF's.

As to iridium plugs...well I am sure that there is some technical advantage and in theory they are better but in the real world of normal cars they don't seem to have any great advantage worth paying for. Unless you are planning some radical mods and some serious BHP out of the engine you'll be fine with the standard plugs.

Seeing it is the modified forum...what mods does the car have, or is it a blank canvas for you ? if so what mods do you plan ?

reminds me....I've not posted pics of my modified here yet.../me goes to start a thread about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭mondymike

No Mods yet. nothing major planned, just under the engine and prob upgrade the stereo/speakers. Also might get/try to fit angel eyes. only bought the car thou so it won't be happening this month. Where do you get BMC kits from, are they expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭OKenora

BMC panel filters replace the standard filter but allow more airflow. I think they are from about £30 up to about £50. They are re-usable i.e you take em out and clean them once a year or so. The BMC CDA is the daddy of air filters imo, they are about £180 and again once a year you take them out and recharge them. Search online for a supplier. Any cheaper than those prices = good deal, any dearer then keep searching :) Prices are sterling, not Euro.

finally remembered to post my pics, thanks for reminding me (indirectly) :)

Advertisement