Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My modifieds....LOADS OF PICS ALERT

Options
  • 01-07-2007 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

One is a stealth modified car, the other a bit more up front about being modified. first i have had a while, the second is a new purchase.

First, bodywise just a Zender front splitter, GTA style lamps and lexus style rear lamps. Engine wise, re-map, stainless wide bore exhaust and BMC CDA filter, releasing about 200bhp total. ICE is Focal components with a focal 600w sub, Kenwood 4x250 amp, Blaupunkt Bremen MP74 head unit, DVD player, Digital TV, Normal TV, PS2 (can't fit the PS3 in, too big :/). lots of other smaller mods but cba trying to remember them. This is my daily driver.

front_100_0013.jpg
    090307-03.jpg
    media8.jpg
    media9.jpg
    media7.jpg

The second is a 100% standard car engine wise (so far :) ) bar a big back box and a few pretty coloured pipes in the engine bay. Bodywise it's just about all custom bar the shell. ICE is BIG. it's car for weekend fun only, at 3.0 L I can't afford to drive it every day :)

Image8.jpg
    Image7.jpg
    Image2-1.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    Image9.jpg
    Image2.jpg

hope you like

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

That Alfa looks great i particularly like the leather interior and the built in screens in the head rest very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh the alfa looks very nice bar the rear lights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

really liking the alfa thumbs up

not really feeling the supra, im more into the whole JDM look, is this a work in progress or is this the look you set out to achieve?

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭OKenora

Work in progress, it was originally a demo car for a car vinyls company so more than doing it up it's a bit of a case of dressing it down. I don't like their vinyls so they have to go. Bodywise, I intend to lose the bonnet vents and the spoiler, maybe lose the rear bumper for something else but not sure yet. The wheels may stay or may go, depends if I get a buyer for them or not (18" Wolfrace Dragons 5x114 PCD if anyones interested).

It was bought because it is a low mileage, near mint, 1986 Supra (which got trailered about as much as it got driven) more than for the look of the car as it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Alfo is gorgeous, accept for them rear lights. I'd be more inclined to loose them / replace with originals. Interior is beautiful.

Hj

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SecureSounds

Alfa looks very nice :) nice tidy install also. :cool:

But what in Gods name is going on in the Supra boot!!!!

From the look of the install and equipment used in the Alfa something tells us the Supra came already loaded with that monstrosity in the boot :D

Change it quick before too many people see it and think you are a boyracer. :D

LOL securesounds, bang on the money, the Supra did come with that. The supra though is not intended to be a modest car. it is meant to be OTT in a lot of ways. That boot install is going, not because of the look but because it sounds pure sh1t. Not decided what will replace it yet but definitely something with more quality, but probably not understated. You can see whats fitted to the Alfa so you can guess what kind of sound I like out of a system, the supra will be getting something of similar quality soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SecureSounds

We kinda guessed you wouldn't do that to a car, your a man of taste.....Alfa Romeo, Focal etc :)

Your cars are living proof that those boyracer type installs are nothing but sh1te. I bet your one focal sub and components blow away the mass of crap in the supra, too many people think the more stuff you put in a car the louder and better it will sound :rolleyes:, if only they realised.

Like anything quality always wins over quantity.

too many people think the more stuff you put in a car the louder and better it will sound

So true secure sounds, in the boot it has a 4 channel 150w amp (too small imo) which drives the 2 subs and those Sony 6x9's, first thing I did was turn down the LPF on the amp and disconnect the Sonys. Up front it had the standard door speakers connected to the headunit, also now disconnected but it has a nice set of Infinity Kappas in the rear seat speaker slots so they remained in place being driven direct by the headunit.

Sounds much better now with half of it disconnected but the subs are cheap and naff so they will be replaced with some better drivers and I am going to try and re-shape the boot box a bit to make it less obtrusive. Probably move the Kappas up front if they fit.

The alfa install is not that loud tbh (despite being about 1600w), but it was built for quality, not volume

Advertisement