Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lip piercing?

Options
  • 01-07-2007 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭

does it hurt much to get it done?
    and wheres good piercing places in dublin?:confused:
    do you have to be a certain age aswell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

if you meet me and i punch you in the face it will hurt a lot less than that. :p

joking aside, no one can tell you how painful it's going to be because we don't know how much pain you can physically take.

you have to be 18 to get a piercing, i also believe - not 100% sure on this - but if a parent is with you and you're over 16 you can get it done too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

great thanks! :D

i'd wait though just for confirmation by someone who knows more about me. i'm still waiting to get enough money to get my ear pierced - should see my thread a few threads down - but i'm just so god damn broke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

If your fourteen can you get a cartilage (triple helix spikes:D ) with parental consent?

Sorry for hi-jacking your topic:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Why is this the fiftieth post on lip piercings?

Use the goddamn search.

• Advertisement

i did and nothing came up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

3 pages of results come up, actually. And there is a piercer/tattooists in Ireland thread.

Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

personally, i found the lip quite painless getting done ("there, its in."... "wow, really?!"). the biggest annoyance was the first few meals after the piercing, what with a foreign metal object stuck to your mouth n all...

i would actually reccommend george's arcade if youre familiar with the basics of aftercare and all that. they use clean stuff, and are dirt cheap.

narco wrote:
    personally, i found the lip quite painless getting done ("there, its in."... "wow, really?!"). the biggest annoyance was the first few meals after the piercing, what with a foreign metal object stuck to your mouth n all...

i would actually reccommend george's arcade if youre familiar with the basics of aftercare and all that. they use clean stuff, and are dirt cheap.

i'm sorry but no, i'm a newbie when it comes to piercings but after seeing my friend attempting to get her labret pierced there - the guy came out with a gun - i dragged her out of the place. no one should ever suggest getting a piercing there whatsoever.

*edit* it was actually her labret she was getting pierced and not her tongue.

wow! ive gotten several piercings in the ears and my lip there, theyve only ever used needles! i honestly do find it a bit hard to believe, but naturally, only go where youre happy with.

celestial ring in stephens green are where i go for more serious piercings.

• Advertisement

narco wrote:
    wow! ive gotten several piercings in the ears and my lip there, theyve only ever used needles! i honestly do find it a bit hard to believe, but naturally, only go where youre happy with.

celestial ring in stephens green are where i go for more serious piercings.
    made a typo in my above post it was her labret she was getting done and not the tongue, still i stand by my thoughts on georges st. arcade.

Noooooooo!! Oh God how would that even have worked :( Who the hell even goes there anymore when there are plenty of good places in Dublin... UUGH

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

narco wrote:

Are you serious?
    What are you doing on this board?
    Get Out.

yeah, im serious. im far from rich, actually, im livin on less than €10 of food most weeks, and i do really love piercings. as far as im concerned george's arcade is clean, and cheap. im well able to look after my piercings once theyre done, and ive yet to encounter any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

yeah georges arcade is a **** hole,but i do get non serious piercings there like ears because its so cheap,its usually ok once you look after them

yeah i dont really trust georges. my friends got their tragus done there and they used a gun. and they did my cartilage with a gun there and the earings were too small and ended up going into my ear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭[QJ]Serideth

I would never got o Georges St Arcade again, I got my lip done there and it was one of the days the normal guy doesn't work there, his mother was there and she did a good job even though she doesn't normally work there, I was lucky.

My friend who got his there wasn't so lucky and he ended up having to take it out.

There are so many better places out there, and if you have a problem, I honestly don't expect the place in the arcade would be much help.

It's idiotic to promote such a crappy piercing place here, especially if your reason is because 'it's cheap.' ****, I could get a friend to pierce me for free but, y'know, I care about who shoves needles into my body?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

narco wrote:

Eh. Don't ever ever recommend that place ever again. Ever.

To the OP. Look. If ya want it then why are you bothered about the pain? It never stopped me getting anything done.

I'm so sick of these 'Does it hurt?' threads....

DUH IT'LL HURT.

You're having a needle shoved through your body. Put one and one together.

would u relax. i know its gonna hurt i was just wondering how much. and its not gonna stop me anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

kateos2 wrote:
    does it hurt much to get it done?
    and wheres good piercing places in dublin?:confused:
    do you have to be a certain age aswell?

Well apparently you didn't know.

And go do some research yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

i got a labret done on myself about 5 months ago, worst part was when the needle comes through the other side of the lip, bit discomforting..

the most uncomy part for me was washing my mouth out with the anti-bacterial stuff before and after, horrid stuff

cant advise where to get it done as i got mine done in cork, but they did a great job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

yeah its annoying rinsing your mouth with that horrible stuff but better than an infection:)

well, having witnessed friends shoving piercings into another friend's body... id much rather take george's arcade, thanks. and point taken though, i wont reccomemend it again on here. ive still no problems with any of my piercings ive had done there, and may yet get a coupla more studs in my ear, but i wont mention it here again :D

sorry :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

narco: the regular posters here aren´t mad at you*. Its just that when getting pierced you want the best possible conditions and the best possible service available. From what I have heard of ´the place ´(never gone in, too afraid) it isnt... bah screw it, its been said already.

I will put it this way, my lil brother wants his labret pierced. I have told him about it, the procedure, after care blah blah blah... but i would only direct him to a reputable place that I know

good luck with the piercing anyway to the original poster

*possibly untrue

heh, i think all boards have buttons you shouldnt push, i take it george's arcade is one of them here ;D

ill shuddup about it, im sure that despite my awful cheap tastes, ill grow on you people eventually ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 SplashBack

In my experience one of the better piercers here in dublin is mark in celestial ring, and I've gone through many piercers in the world.

The only way you will find the one that works for you is to walk into the studio and start asking questions, not (no offence intended) dumb questions like does it hurt, how much pain etc. but smarter questions like, what gauge jewellery, possible difficulties healing and implications on your lifestyle while healing, placement etc.

A piercer who is willing and able to answer these questions to your satisfaction and who you feel comfortable with is the one you should go to, by all means ask for advice on previous experiences in the place here etc (check out the piercer/tattoo thread stickied) but there is no substitute for you walking into the place and getting a feel yourself. if your instinct is to get the hell out of there because something just isn't right then leave.

Check out BME and places like that for info on the piercing and peoples experiences with it. Ask your dentist about placement (if its a decent dentist like mine then they'll be happy to advise on placement to minimise and possibly eliminate the risk of damaging your teeth or causing gum recession etc). Check out the Piercee's Bill of Rights sticky thread aswell. Lastly do some legwork and go right on in to any studio you want and ask your questions and when you get the answers you want and have settled on it, get your piercing.

Good luck with it anyway.

Advertisement