Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wetsuit for a triathlon

• 01-07-2007 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭

I'm hoping for some advice as I'm a complete novice when it comes to wetsuits. I'm looking at doing a triathlon for the first time in August and I'm going to need to a wetsuit. Can anyone provide any pointers as to what kind of suits I should look for or avoid.

I'm only looking to finish the event obviously and I'm undecided as to whether I'll start doing them on a more frequent basis. With that in mind I'm not sure I want to shell out a whole lot of money on a suit. I've seen suits recently in the likes of Dunnes which are pretty cheap but I imagine the quality is reflective of the price. Does anyone have any experience of these kind of suits?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

most of the wetasuits you find in ALdi or Dunnes are designed more for messing around on surfboards and the like. Triathlon wetsuits have a very specific design with a sleek (i.e. slippery) finish, less thickness around moving parts (shoulders) and more around other part for increased bouancy.

My advice would be, if you're not sure you want to spend money, why not borrow a wetsuit to try for the first race or two. I'm happy to lend you one if you happen to be a 5"4' woman but there are loads of triathletes around and I;m sure someone will be happy to help,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Dowee

Thanks for the tips Hunnymonster. Unfortunately I'm not a 5" 4' woman (there's something I never thought I'd say!!) but thanks for the offer. I found a place that rents suits so I think I'll go there and have a chat with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

good plan.

Advertisement