Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor - Widescreen or Not?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Originally didn't like widescreens but got one with my new pc.Since then I never looked back.
    Splashed out for 2 x Dell 2007WFP's for dual monitors and then decided this was complete overkill and went for one Dell 2407WFP :D
    At 1920x1200 it's a fantastic resolution and games look brilliant on it..of course at this resolution you need a 8800/2900 to drive it.
    But it's the biz.

When selling my last pc a mate bought it..didn't like widescreen as he didn't want to lost the heigh of his 19"lcd so told me to flog it.
    Sold it the following morning ,about 20 mins later he rang me to tell me he changed his mind and decided widescreen was miles better..too late though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

kool..yeah well anyway the vast majority of people ive heard of getting the a panel have been happy enough to keep it..and also the others are just looking for problems..as they know its inferior

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i think it just comes down to personal taste tbh. much like music.

only way you'll find out which is best for you is to play on both types of monitor standard and widescreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I used that tweaking guide that pgleeson linked to. Helped a bit but I didn't notice a huge difference, I still think the monitor is very good, about 8/10.

One thing to note, Samsung have obviously tried to sweep this A versus S panel debacle under the rug, as now the sticker on the back has no model number and the service display doesn't show the model number either, but I'm pretty sure mine was an A panel.

EDIT: Spelled it Smasung, doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

DirkVoodoo wrote:
    I used that tweaking guide that pgleeson linked to. Helped a bit but I didn't notice a huge difference, I still think the monitor is very good, about 8/10.

One thing to note, Samsung have obviously tried to sweep this A versus S panel debacle under the rug, as now the sticker on the back has no model number and the service display doesn't show the model number either, but I'm pretty sure mine was an A panel.

EDIT: Spelled it Smasung, doh!
    where you order it from? everywhere seems sold out or more expensive than it used to be

• Advertisement

it seems pretty cheap on hardwareversand at 325 euro i think...

not sure if its an a or s panel they sell..but very likly it will be tha A one..

i dont mind getting it once there are no dead pixels and any wierd blops of backlight showing up during reasonble lighting conditions..heard alot of people moan bout backlight but think there just really picky..

is there any known 22 inch monitor that doesnt have any possible defects such as possible back lighting bleed or really bad colors..that can be bought from hardwareversand..such as LG,Asus benq etc..or is the samsung A panel still better than the rest?

monitors on hardwareversand... http://www1.hardwareversand.de/6VUfJbVmSU5gaL/3/articlelist.jsp?agid=603

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

IgsTer wrote:
    it seems pretty cheap on hardwareversand at 325 euro i think...

not sure if its an a or s panel they sell..but very likly it will be tha A one..

i dont mind getting it once there are no dead pixels and any wierd blops of backlight showing up during reasonble lighting conditions..heard alot of people moan bout backlight but think there just really picky..

is there any known 22 inch monitor that doesnt have any possible defects such as possible back lighting bleed or really bad colors..that can be bought from hardwareversand..such as LG,Asus benq etc..or is the samsung A panel still better than the rest?

monitors on hardwareversand... http://www1.hardwareversand.de/6VUfJbVmSU5gaL/3/articlelist.jsp?agid=603

yeah but 30 euro delivery and the hassle of bank transfer and my lack of german in case of return really don't appeal. Dabs have it for 350 including delivery but are sold out.

i see...ye that german language thing never appeared a problme to me..wasnt thinknig i guess..i might get my pc prebuilt by them that way none of the parts should be faulty...i remember seeing a part fo there site were you pick components out to get the pc built with but cant seem to find it now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

what about this?

http://www3.hardwareversand.de/8VyjttgCJVh5un/3/articledetail.jsp?aid=8799&agid=603

With Dvi/Vga/Hdmi and Component it seems to be a very good monitor

ye does look pretty good..cant seem to find any reviews on it doh..and it also states delivery date unknown..

i want to order this next week :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement