Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

LOLMetal?

• 01-07-2007 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭

I just dont know what to say! Clickie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Great find.

A whole hell of a lot better than Lol spiders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Some of them are amusing, but at the same time a lot of them are very uninspired, simply applying existing cat memes to metal poses.

The fact is, a hell of a lot of it is unintentionally humourous to begin with. Adding a caption really cannot add anything to the fact that Abbath's fly is open in a professionally shot promo picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Exactly, Karl. While Immortal may well be humourous in our eyes, it must be understood that metal would not be the same without them. While they may seem ridiculous (heck at hellfest that were posing for photo-ops every song, nearly), they have been extremely influential. At the moment I'm listening to the amazing Deathspell Omega, who owe much of their appeal to pioneers like Immortal. Just food for thought. Immortal are easy to make fun of, but to replicate their brilliance is another feat altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

:D bastards, made me lol in the office!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

there was a class picture on immortal on an american football field before...made me laugh :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Some of them were brilliant...particularly the invisible sandwich one, but alot were just crap.
    Now ad the Benny Hill theme and you're laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

i love these lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i was looking forward to hearing audio samples of LOLMETAL. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

much better than lolcats:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

It has nothing on lolerskates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Cremo wrote:
    i was looking forward to hearing audio samples of LOLMETAL. :(
    Listen to some Sabaton its close enough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

I was expecting a YTMND fad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

The thing about Immortal is that they really don't seem to take it too seriously. There's a healthy dose of tongue in cheek there while they still have released some phenomenal black metal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Some were funny enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

invisible sandwich was the best, the rest werent funny

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think the TV reception one was my favourite...

Advertisement